W.I.P. Halo 4 MK V foam armor build ( 3 suits )

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpegAll this foam left over for more stuff.......maybe weapon or Mandalorian armor.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpegFinished fiberglass and bondo. All three are primed and ready for final paint.

image.jpegThis is what I got done today. Never realized just how much spray paint could go into these. Good thing it's cheap at the mart that is Wal.

I like the notion of color coordinating to keep track of who's is who's armor......Great job....Fantastic time management and building. this is going to be done in no time!!!!

What about my request for an order.......on never mind........:facepalm

Here's a photo of some of the detailing and weathering so far. image.jpegimage.jpeg
I've just about finished my suit. The only thing left is a final wet wash of brown and tan to give it a dirty look. Crunch time has approached since I've only got 11 days left before Kitsune Kon. I have no doubts that I will finish tho. It's amazing what a little weathering and detailing can take a piece from meh to oh yeah!

It totally agree! Weathering takes a piece from looking like a costume to looking like armour. In my humble opinion.

Great work!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

2 helmets done (visors need to be put in)
commando.jpegRaider.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    865.2 KB · Views: 148
Finished the Commando helmet.

IMG_2547.JPGIMG_2548.JPGIMG_2549.JPG

Used some mirror spray paint on a face shield off of a hospital face mask for the visor. Sometime in the future I will add lights, maybe even a light behind the visor to give it a reddish glow. When I will have all the armor on you won't see my neck because I will be wearing a black skin suit.

Woo hoo hoooo, almost done. So excited for them to be finished. My deadeye helmet looks really good, don't forget to post pics of that dad :p

Teach me the ways of the pep and foam, I must make more suits *bows to the master in my house*

1st MK V suit is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I repeat 1st MK V suit is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 months and I finished 3 suits.........I think I'm gonna lose my mind.

IMG_2561.JPGIMG_2562.JPGIMG_2563.JPGIMG_2564.JPG

I will post pics of the other 2 suits in the next day or so.........stay tuned.

Looks awesome! Congratulations!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

You've made some great progress! Keep it up!

You mentioned using mirror spray paint for the visors. What kind of mirror spray paint did you use?

You've made some great progress! Keep it up!

You mentioned using mirror spray paint for the visors. What kind of mirror spray paint did you use?

Thanks for the kudos. I used Krylon Looking Glass spray paint. You can get it at WalMart for around $9.00 a can. When you look thru it does tend to be a little hazy but you can still see.

IMG_2565.JPGIMG_2566.JPGIMG_2570.JPGHere is the finished Halo 4 MK V with Raider helmet for my son.

IMG_2572.JPGIMG_2573.JPGHere is my finished Halo 4 MK V with the Commando helmet.

This build was definitely a learning experience. I know I've got the bug to keep building more suits and adding to the existing ones (lights and a fan in the helmets cuz dang if it isn't hot in there). Going to a Kon today in Green Bay. Hope to see some more Spartans there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back