W.I.P. Halo 4 MK V foam armor build ( 3 suits )

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpegHello all. Finished up the gluing of all the codpieces. I will have to take some pics and post those tomorrow. I've cut out all the forearms and started gluing my daughter's together first since her pieces are smaller and harder to handle. That way it all seems easier when I get to mine and my sons. Here are a few pics of my daughter's forearm I finished today.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Great work......It looks a bit small though.......Not enough coverage on the forearm......unless that is ok w/ you and her.....

Dirtdives thats because the actual design doesn't cover that much of the forearm in the first place
View attachment 26167View attachment 26169View attachment 26170View attachment 26171
Chiefwannabe nailed it. The MK V suit from Halo 4 doesn't cover the forearm like the MK VI does. It was a throwback look to the original Chief suit.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpegCodpieces so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Another look at my daughter's forearms.image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Started working on mine and my son's forearms today. Pics soon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like how she has to throw up the gangsta sigh! I'm not yet too keen on specific armor and can't yet determine one from the other....some yes, or how they specifically fit......but it looks great......Nice going dad!!! Where's the wife's armor?

That's a great start to the forearms! I don't think I've seen someone turn the cod pieces into slip-ons before. Keep it up!

Finished up the forearms. Onto the shoulders next. Coming down to the end of this pretty soon. I'm already thinking of what to do next though.image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

The shoulders should go pretty fast so that leaves me more time to tackle the chests.

Looking good so far,nice clean work. You're making some fast progress. Keep it up look foreword to seeing the result(s).

Finished cutting/tracing/cutting foam out for all the shoulders. Started today gluing one set. This pic is about an hours worth of work. The shoulders definitely need the angled cuts done to look right. With a good scalpel it's easy work. image.jpeg

All of this is looking really good so far! I'm still trying to pick a mark that will be good for a beginner but still a challenge.

All of this is looking really good so far! I'm still trying to pick a mark that will be good for a beginner but still a challenge.

The Halo 4 MK V is a perfect suit to start out on using foam. So far it's been really simple. The archive has quite a few foam templates to use on many different suits. EVA foam is way easier than paper. At least for me. That folding and folding that you do with pep haunts my dreams.

Reactions: Jme
That's heroic going for three suits. I have enough problems on one.:facepalm

Thanks BroodierGoose. I figured if I was going to make one I might as well set it up like an assembly line and knock out 2 more. My daughter's is the one which slows me a little since it's smaller than mine and my son's. Her's especially when cutting out the templates and tracing. I lucked out this past Xmas and scored a bunch of EVA foam at Harbor Freight for dirt cheap on Black Friday. I'm going to have a bunch left over after these suits so I'm going to make 2 suits of Mandalorian armor and helmets. The projects are never ending once you've smelled a glue gun. Ha ha

The Halo 4 MK V is a perfect suit to start out on using foam. So far it's been really simple. The archive has quite a few foam templates to use on many different suits. EVA foam is way easier than paper. At least for me. That folding and folding that you do with pep haunts my dreams.
Thanks lol. I think I'll be sticking to practicing peeping right now just cause I don't have the cash for foam right now but I will keep that in mind. I'm thinking of going for the mark VI Multiplayer version armour for now. Pepping, not peeping.... oops.

Thanks lol. I think I'll be sticking to practicing peeping right now just cause I don't have the cash for foam right now but I will keep that in mind. I'm thinking of going for the mark VI Multiplayer version armour for now.
EVA foam is very cheap, well cheaper than fiberglass, resin, and bondo. but then again, pep dose have very good results if done right so yeah, keep practising.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back