MA2B ICWS Model WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugzz Deluxxxe

What up, 405th?!

I've been working on a few side projects while I get my fan film back on track, and I wanted to share one of them with all of you. It's still a WIP, but it's getting there. It's a 3D Solid Model of an MA2B. The MA2B is never seen in-game, but it is mentioned a few times in the books. They were the primary weapons for most of Blue Team on their first mission, Operation TALON. It's kind of a mix between the BR-55 and the MA5 series. The only time it's depicted is in the Fall of Reach comic. And as it's a comic, the reference material is somewhat inconsistent, so a few liberties had to be taken. All in all, I think I managed to capture the general idea of the gun. But I'll let you be the judge. Here are some early renders. Let me know what you think.

Here's one of the comic panels for reference:

MA2B.jpg

And here are three renders I just did:

MA2B Front.JPG

MA2B ISO.JPG

MA2B Side.JPG

Just a quick update. Added some detail, color, and an ammo counter. Still pretty early on, but it's a pretty fun side project. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the charging handle on the side, behind the ammo counter, or at the front like a FAMAS (you'll notice I have both on the model). The reference image implies it's in the same position as the BR, but I just thought it would be neat in a different spot. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques? all welcome.

MA2B.JPG

MA2B 2.JPG

Looks good mate.

Thanks man!

So I've made a bit of progress. I decided to use the top mounted charging handle. I just think it's cool looking, lol. I also added a bunch of detail including the misriah logo. I also made the magazine as well as my take on shredder rounds. The rounds were a bit tough as the MA2B uses a very odd caliber bullet. It's a .390 which is technically a 10mm. I kinda had to fudge the dimensions a bit, but I think it looks pretty good all things considered. I also added a Holo sight. Not sure if that will stay or not. Just wanted to see it with a scope. I grabbed the model for the sight off of grabcad. Let me know what y'all think. Peace.

MA2B Side.JPG

MA2B Misriah.JPG

MA2B Mag.JPG

MA2B Counter.JPG

.390.JPG

Whaddup, 405th! So I'm currently gutting the MA2B model so it will print on a smaller print bed. I'm also hollowing certain internal cavities for metal components like springs and such, so it'll have moving parts. It's tedious work. It would have been way easier to model it with all these things in mind, but when I started I didn't think I'd be printing it. Anywho, I decided to take a break and model something else really quick.

Health Pack 1.JPG

Health Pack 2.JPG

It's based on the Heath Pack from Reach, but I always preferred the Red Cross from the CE one as opposed to the 'H'. It's still missing some details, but I figured I'd put it up, see what y'all thought.

Try beat my wing suit high score on just cause 3 now mate

- - - Updated - - -

:) you set a good score to beat 2minutes higher than mine, but try again, good game and nice gun

Can you release a .OBJ of this? I would love to have this and the texture!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have an .obj exporter plugin for Solidworks. I could send it to Blender and convert it to an .obj that way, but you'd lose the texture in the .mtl.

Yo 405th! Been working on a few things in the small amount of free time I have these days. This is one of them. There's literally no detail on this, but getting the inner workings have taken a lot of time. I'm just about done on the inside, so I'll start to add detail here shortly. Let me know what you guys think!

Slide Forward 1.JPG

Slide Back 1.JPG

Oh so THAT'S what the .mtl is for! I've been using blender for years and never knew. Everything looks really good!

I don't know about you, but it looks remarkably like the F2000-S with a G36C carrying handle. I don't know if anyone else sees it the same way or not, or whether it's a good idea to post on a thread that is 4 weeks old, but I wanted to point that out about the MA2B
Untitled1.png
Either way, it still looks great so far

I don't know about you, but it looks remarkably like the F2000-S with a G36C carrying handle. I don't know if anyone else sees it the same way or not, or whether it's a good idea to post on a thread that is 4 weeks old, but I wanted to point that out about the MA2B
View attachment 30881
Either way, it still looks great so far

Thanks! Yeah I can definitely see the similarity. My approach has really just been a hybrid of the MA5 and the BR-55, but the illustration certainly looks a lot like the F-2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back