WIP Spartan IV Build (Orbital/Scout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan Junkie

Jr Member
Hey all! You might have seen my Halo 5 Sniper
( you can find that right here if you haven't : http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=46829 )

Just wanted to show progress on my armor. Needs some touching up, weathering etc. but I have the main details so far. Working on the legs this week and then the helmet.

Orbital chest, right Oceanic shoulder, left Scout shoulder, Contoured wrists.

(You can also check out our Facebook page here if that's your type of thing: https://www.facebook.com/CyanJunkieProps/)

SP IV WIP.jpg SP IV WIP 2.jpg SP IV WIP 3.jpg SP IV WIP 4.jpg

Update on the armor.

I glued some magnets in the thigh piece and painted them up. I still need to make the inner thigh pieces. I made a whole new Magnum as my current one was a year old, looks much nicer I think. I put some magnets in the magnum so it can attach to the thigh piece like in-game.

I also used a new painting technique I learned and made a paint chipped weathering effect on the magnum stripe.
magnum1.jpg magnum2.jpg magnum3.jpg magnum4.jpg

UPDATE:My dremel kicked the bucket not too long ago so I've been repainting some pieces while I shop for a new one, stay tuned.

RIP dremel.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Going up to that great tool box in the sky........sniff.....sniff.......:(

RIP Dremel, you will be missed. It got one last prop out before it went. (my Halo 5 Sniper) It was the Dremel I needed and the Dremel I didn't deserve.

Anyone wanna say a few words?

In a world where most tools sit idly in their toolbox, content to allow other tools do the work

You dremel, showed us that a tool cannot merely be, it can do, it can become.

It can be, the best tool for the job.

Sanding. Cutting. Hollowing out perfectly symmetrical holes a hot knife or exacto could only dream of.

Becoming. That tool that allows imagination to flourish and mere amateur ability to resemble skill.

Thank you dremel. For having a motor. A real motor that allowed us to, for a while, not cramp our hands with effort and toil.

We will never forget you dremel. At least not until next weeks Home Depot flyer comes out.

Rest in peace on that big tool rack in the sky.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

My dremel died tonight lol. I was sooooo close to finishing my helmet. Life lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not another! What is the world coming to?

I'm bringing my Dremel inside tonight and tucking it in next to me to keep it safe! There's a Dremel killer on the loose!

Lol thanks for the kind words guys. I did get another Dremel this week! I got some things done of my armor. I decided to work on the shoes. Probaly gonna do the shins next and the rest of the thighs.
Spartan shoes.jpg Spartan shoes 2.jpg Spartan shoes 3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back