Mesh's ODST BDU Mk2 (Camouflage MTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update, photoshoot this weekend at Merthyr Mawr (It's Welsh..), which is basically a bunch of Sand Dunes, so I fit straight in! :D
Now you may remember, I had to remove my 405th patch due to it not fitting on the new shoulder, well I found a place! Due to it being an iron on patch, I thought I could use that :p

British MTP shirts have Sleeve Pockets, and they have patches on them called 'Blanking Plates'. I've used a sleeve patch and put it on the back of the helmet :D
izYKu7K.jpg
7N75Qvk.jpg
0wkC9ul.jpg

Unfortunately, I wont actually be able to wear it until I turn 18 due to the new deployment rules, so uh, unless I can have special permission to have it *Cough* FANGS pleaasseeeeee
2oxl6IF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh to be at the stage of tweaks and refinements.

Upgrades look good.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Mesh - the deployment rules with respect to age have been around for 2 years. They are not new. As for the patch, wear it if you'd like. There is no rule about you not being able to wear it if you are not deployed. No droopy cat eyes or special permissions required.

FANGS, I only asked because I saw this in the 'perks' of a deployed member,
  • Buy 405th merchandise

FANGS, I only asked because I saw this in the 'perks' of a deployed member,
  • Buy 405th merchandise

"Type A" members can also buy 405th Merchandise, the only requirements for which are:
Type A - Recruit Membership (New Member): is limited membership open to persons 13 years or older with a registered personal account on the 405th official website. These members have maintained a personal account on the 405th official website for less than 90 days AND made less than 50 posts on the 405th official website.

As it currently Stands, Art, the site Owners, openly sells 405th items to the general public, which as you have purchased a patch you know, and Regiments sell Regimental Branded items to Type A members.

There is no merchandise that is currently only for Deployed members. If at any point there is, it will most likely only be patches/shirts/challenge coins to commemorate or congratulate members for reaching deployed status, which would not make sense to sell to non-deployed members ;)

I recently learned about challenge coins. Would really be neat if we started that tradition here.

Sent using Tapatalk.

ADVICE NEEDED!!
Hi, looking for constructive criticism! I've got some more pictures to add soon but please PLEASE give me all the suggestions you have!!

Thank you :D

Once you get those updates rolling with progress (and pictures), I'm sure there's plenty of us who are more than willing to provide advice and helpful criticism. Keep it up! :cool

Okay so these are my most recent set of refinements :)

Mxg18JV.jpgXa42zhe.jpg
You may remember a while ago, I spoke about this canvas stuff as an undersuit, I tried it as an actual undersuit and it didn't work but I've now resurrected it and attached it directly to the armour, starting with the thighs :)

joqyB0s.jpgnCKzTW3.jpg
I replaced the section surrounding the visor with the canvas material, to break up the camouflage a bit, and I also added a bit of a collar to the back of the helmet as the modifications made it tilt forward to much :p

8tT4a0J.jpgDcKBaMt.jpg
I redid the shoulder strapping on the Chest, I've also extended them with a smaller strap that hangs loose, which is future proof for a potential ODST pack :D

0LYPKSb.jpg
Also here is a mid progress shot of my Chestplate, can you tell which side is the cleaner side? No cheating by looking at the previous picture!!

yqcd4eT.jpg
I added some of the canvas on the shoulder, and strapping to fit it, and I also removed the rounds on my armour, a potential knife could be going there instead :p

ms0BmU3.jpg
I added some drawstring canvas to the gauntlets too, I think this looks really good, it's also really comfy and secures my arm too

zST9iMG.jpgd5kCfRG.jpg
I adjusted all of the strapping on the belt too, and I decided I still want to use the belt in a belt form, so I took off all of the connected bits, and simply added buttons to them and button holes to the belt :D

I'm going to be testing different undersuit ideas for the suit this week, and then at the end of the week I'll have a high detail picture of everything all put together on me,
so yeah, any criticisms? :D

Don't lose hope Mesh! There are many builds, and many members to help. You included :)
Sometimes people don't have a lot to say, so keep doing what you're doing. On the other hand, this is an interesting take by using fabric.

For the belt, I'd trim a few of those stray threads that are shown from the underside. You want this to look as clean as possible, even if no one will see it. (Those threads could get caught on something and next thing you know, the fabric is falling apart.) Folding the fabric under itself always helps for clean lines as well.
Another helpful tip that I've learned by using glue guns is to go over areas where the glue is messy or visible. Because you already have the visor in place, use extra caution. The heated nozzle of the glue gun will reheat the glue so you can melt and reshape/wipe away the unwanted excess.

Stay positive, and proactive!

also a little hint for hot glue. If you use freezing spray very carefully you can also make the glue so hard that it will shatter when you pluck it off kind of like hard plastic. I have found this to be very useful when trying to use it..some good gloves and eye protection is a must but it works really really well

Such a long time since I updated this thread :O Last time I left off, I had done all the strapping right?
Well, not much has happened since then lol

I've brought a new undersuit,
Here are the legs -
64BDkIR.jpg

(I'll show the shirt in a second)

I've also brought a Spirit of Fire patch, and replaced the rank slide on my armour with it. After I did that, I thought my shoulders looked a bit bland, so here's something I did (New vs Old (Kinda)) -
SJ6U8nt.jpg

I then glued both shoulders onto my new shirt, which is a British Army Cold Weather (Arctic) Shirt, also known as a Norgee -
1V7KPJf.jpg

The pictures I took of the shins are terrible, so you'll have to take my word that they're much better now, or just look in the trouser picture above ;) and yes, I still need to make kneecaps...

And I also put a Torch on my helmet :D It's made up of a £1 Torch from a nearby shop, the bigger wire and connector is from an old Xbox 360 External Hard Drive, and the other wire is from a Chip and Pin device :) -
i3yqJ7E.jpg

I also haven't shown you a weapons update, well.., I've been provided with some 3d printed props, a MA37, a Reach grenade, and a Reach Knife. I don't have a picture to hand, but the knife sits on the back of the belt, above the buttplate in a comfortable position to grab it and put it back, plus it looks kickass. I haven't figured out how to mount the grenade anywhere yet.

Here is the Knife and Assault Rifle, both painted by me -
AgqCG1M.jpg

And here is my up to date Weapon Collection :D (The DMR is a WIP, I'm hoping to cast it at some point for my friends) -
k9enlmv.jpg

Again, I'm looking for advice and feedback, so PLEASE give it all to me!! :D

Attachments

• 1V7KPJf.jpg
    1V7KPJf.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 189
  • SJ6U8nt.jpg
    SJ6U8nt.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 197
  • 64BDkIR.jpg
    64BDkIR.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 195
  • k9enlmv.jpg
    k9enlmv.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 203
  • AgqCG1M.jpg
    AgqCG1M.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 193
  • i3yqJ7E.jpg
    i3yqJ7E.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 195
You did a good job on the knife and AR. A clean-cut assembly. Smaller details like the patches are always a nice touch to see. You're making good progress!

Have 2 cool pictures from a Con I went to last weekend ^.^

RnORXnT.jpg

TjXwlZw.jpg

Attachments

• RnORXnT.jpg
    RnORXnT.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 199
  • TjXwlZw.jpg
    TjXwlZw.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.