Starting First Full Build. Scout/Recon Combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrModules

Hi guys, thought i might just show my progression of the first full build that i'm going to attempt. If you have tips to help me in the future or for current pieces im doing, feel free to give me a heads up. The most that i can probably do is to put the card-stock together and a coat of resin. Any help will be great!!

IMG_1864.JPGIMG_1865.JPG
There is one shoe, i made it from normal paper. so i knew the scale of the parts would fit the shoe. The only thing that i find off about it is the back part. Is it meant to come up higher over the shoe or is it good how it is. If its all good then im ready to make the two cardstock version. I may also be making it from paper of about 230-260gsm. I tried 300 with spare paper around the house but my printer couldn't handle it.

Hail and Well met MrModules, The back of the shoe looks fine to me, gives room for the bending between your heel and the back of Shin armor when you walk. Don't let failures hold you down, use it to learn and move on

What Halo is your armour gonna be from? I assume from the profile picture it's Halo 4 but still worth asking :b
I look forward to seeing your progress either way ^.^

Hail and Well met MrModules, The back of the shoe looks fine to me, gives room for the bending between your heel and the back of Shin armor when you walk. Don't let failures hold you down, use it to learn and move on
Thank you for the feedback. Really helps :D

What Halo is your armour gonna be from? I assume from the profile picture it's Halo 4 but still worth asking :b I look forward to seeing your progress either way ^.^

The armor im doing if from Halo 4, i dont have 5 yet. Thank you for the encouragement. I also really like your Foam ODST projects. I love the ODTS's but they dont have much armour, kinda like a marine but 1/4 the role of a spartan.
(Current status) Shoes: all cut out, folded, currently gluing together. They would of been done but i went out with family for Easter.

Here are my shoes, all put together. I dont have any resin as of yet. Ill be getting some this week hopefully,and maybe a little bit of fiber glass to put on the inside.
IMG_1881.JPG

I dont want to jump too far ahead. but with the leg pieces, i dont think they are all one piece are they? like having to put it up your leg, im not sure on how to do those. Could someone reference me to a good solution on doing leg pieces. I may start the helmet next, to fully do the scout part, then move onto the recon. I am also looking on insight to making the shoe parts stick to the shoe, maybe glue? With the helmet, i measured it to fit my head inside with a little bit extra, I also have glasses so ill have to either expand it more or cut the very bottom of it to fit my glasses through. Currently my helmet will be 50cm long. I believe this is too big?

Thank you for any help that comes. :D

Here's an update on my build.
Today i bought some resin, a small amount of fiberglass and enough paper for my helmet. The helmet gave me a little trouble but Marawuff helped me sort it out. After a whole day of cutting out the parts, My helmet now looks like this.
IMG_1897.JPG
Tomorrow ill start putting it together, cutting all day has worn me out and ive got no motivation for the night haha

I also would like to share a previous helmet ive made (Last year in grade 12 engineering class)
IMG_1896.JPG
As always, my photos get flipped, anywho i left gaps in it so light could pass through and give it a better look. I could probably put foam pads in it so it fits and rests easier on my head.

Looks good so far......like the confetti style helmet......don't worry about the pics...I opened it and then enlarged it and it opened right side up. Yes, listen to Marawuff, she knows her stuff!!!! She also had concerns about putting on the shin pieces. The fronts she fiberglassed but the backs she said she wanted to use foam. Check her Palmer Scout thread......she talks/writes about it towards the tail end of the thread.

Good luck on your build and it's some great progress you're doing! :D

Just, may I ask? Are you doing the files and unfolding yourself? I've been folding multiple times Scout feet and I don't recall them looking so. o.o It's minor, but it doesn't feel familiar, same with the helmet - I don't recall pieces having such forms... o.o

Good luck with the helmet... x_X

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good so far......like the confetti style helmet......don't worry about the pics...I opened it and then enlarged it and it opened right side up. Yes, listen to Marawuff, she knows her stuff!!!! She also had concerns about putting on the shin pieces. The fronts she fiberglassed but the backs she said she wanted to use foam. Check her Palmer Scout thread......she talks/writes about it towards the tail end of the thread.

I actually changed the idea with shin pieces...
I fiberglassed them all, later on I just cut out the back section, to be able to fit my leg through it.
It felt uncomfortable a bit, so I removed the front section too. I'll make both front and back from foam and it should sit nicely and be more comfortable. :)

Just, may I ask? Are you doing the files and unfolding yourself? I've been folding multiple times Scout feet and I don't recall them looking so. o.o It's minor, but it doesn't feel familiar, same with the helmet - I don't recall pieces having such forms...

Oh no, saying that makes me think ive done them completely wrong. Ive downloaded the files from here the helmet says it was unfolded buy Spartansonny, then i scaled it. Im not too sure on how licensing goes for the use of the files, but i can make a list of the people that i got the files from and put it on the armor somewhere. I really hope i didnt mess anything up :wacko

I just looked at your shoes compared to mine, is it because the part the is on top of the shoe isnt with the main piece on your. I guess ill see if the helmet looks right once i make it. High hopes :D

Oh that's why!

You did it right! I just used different files and different unfolder. :) That's why it seemed different to me and that was what I was guessing. :)

You can use all the files in the File Archive, they are all free to use. :)

The shoes I used didn't have the middle piece attached. I thought first of putting it together, but later on I found out it wasn't necessary, at least for my need, but you should do what you think is right for you! :D

Using the files is free......people like to know who's file you used is all. Just to give credit where credit is due.......People w/ the knowledge refold and unfold files in a different manner all the time.....Some are more detailed and some are low definition...it depends on what you are looking to do and how skilled you are.....Go ahead...used any file....but just don't claim it was all you when it was someone else's unfold......Bad manners and all that......Eagerly awaiting to see your build.....As for going fast.......who is to say one is going too fast or too slow at something? I've heard of builds taking over a year to pep and glass......Others will take longer and other less......again skill and time management.... don't worry about if you think you are moving too fast.... you move at the speed you can/want.....just build...have fun.....everything else is gravy. Good luck.

Well here's a update of today's work. Tomorrow i should be able to put it together. I should also be able to put a coat of resin onto my shoes and some fiberglass in a few areas. It will take me a while to fiberglass things as its expensive.

IMG_1898.JPG IMG_1899.JPG IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1904.JPG

Using the files is free......people like to know who's file you used is all. Just to give credit where credit is due.......People w/ the knowledge refold and unfold files in a different manner all the time.....Some are more detailed and some are low definition...it depends on what you are looking to do and how skilled you are.....Go ahead...used any file....but just don't claim it was all you when it was someone else's unfold......Bad manners and all that......Eagerly awaiting to see your build.....As for going fast.......who is to say one is going too fast or too slow at something? I've heard of builds taking over a year to pep and glass......Others will take longer and other less......again skill and time management.... don't worry about if you think you are moving too fast.... you move at the speed you can/want.....just build...have fun.....everything else is gravy. Good luck.

:DAwesome, near the end of my project i will give credit to the unfolder's.

Progress Report
Shoes - Pepped --> Resin + Fiber glass
Helmet - 3/5 Pepped
Legs - Next - Time of start N/A

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay :lol:D, I can finally say that the helmet is done (except the visor piece) One gruesome day of cutting it out, and two days of gluing. Tomorrow ill be either coating the shoes or helmet in resin, probably helmet so it wont warp anymore. once the majority of resining is done, ill start work on the legs.
IMG_1907.JPGIMG_1909.JPGIMG_1910.JPG

Cant wait for the chest part, that's going to take it out of me. Id like to Also ask if the spartan number/s (724 / S-724) is taken by anyone, personally ive had those three numbers apart of me for a very long time.

There are no silly questions......just silly answers.....:facepalm........As far as you registry number....there is a thread that everyone puts their number in to....not sure if it has been updated or if anyone is actually double checking if people are duplicating numbers.....but it's there. not sure where....but it's there.

Hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone would be able to send me photos of a Halo 4 scout helmet with Primary color White and secondary as a blue, i currently dont have access to the helmet as im only rank 12-13, rank 38 is needed. Many thanks if anyone does this for me.

I'll try to get the pictures to you as soon as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking helmet btw. I would recommend putting the visor on to help avoid warping when you resin the helmet.

I'll try to get the pictures to you as soon as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking helmet btw. I would recommend putting the visor on to help avoid warping when you resin the helmet.

Dude you are amazing, thank you too :) before i put resin on i added the visor part, 3 coats of resin done, ill be getting the proper visor next week hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back