Halo 5 MA5D 3d model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyvern

Sr Member
This is what I've been working on for the past few days.
MA5D Halo5-0001.png
As you can see by the title and side profile this is the MA5D from Halo 5: Guardians. Ultimately I want to build a functioning model. But first I need to model the shell of the rifle first before I add all the mechanical parts in.

MA5D Halo5-0002.png
MA5D Halo-0003.png
From here you can see I started on the barrel and the flashlight. The small hole in the barrel is roughly the size of a .308 Winchester projectile and has no rifling which will be added later.

MA5D Halo5-0000.png

Although I think I got a decent start I still need a little bit of help in regards to sizing as this next picture demonstrates.
MA5D Halo5 help.png
The areas I've identified are places where I need some guidance as to figure the sizing for these areas.

Anyways that's all I have for now.

Don't know I will be allowed to be post this update but I have more pictures of this project. Though this is not of the rifle, but of an artistic license of what the Forerunner Saga(H 4/5/6) version of the 7.62x51mm. It is made using Mflanny34's 7.62 cartridge as a general visual guide for reference and measurements for an actual round. I then did some of my own modifications of the hybrid design. Here are the pictures.
Halo62-0000.png
Halo62-0001.png
Halo62-0002.png
Halo62-0003.png

I actually completed this round before starting on the MA5D. Though I didn't show it the round comes apart into the projectile, case, and primer.

So, here I am with a minor update this time. Again unsure if this will be allowed to stand as its own post, oh well I suppose.

I started blocking out the general shape by stating on the area underneath the ammo counter shroud. Here it is...
MA5D Halo5-0004.png
MA5D Halo5-0005.png
MA5D Halo5-0006.png
MA5D Halo5-0007.png

This probably breaking forum rules about just posting in your own thread, but any way.

Feed back would be appreciated y'all. Till next update.

This probably breaking forum rules about just posting in your own thread, but any way.

You're welcome to multi-post in your own threads - I do it all the time, in fact - but please try to edit your previous post instead of posting a new one if it's been under 24 hours since your last entry.

Otherwise, this is an interesting project. I'm curious to know more about what you mean when you say 'functioning model'.

You're welcome to multi-post in your own threads - I do it all the time, in fact - but please try to edit your previous post instead of posting a new one if it's been under 24 hours since your last entry.

Otherwise, this is an interesting project. I'm curious to know more about what you mean when you say 'functioning model'.

Thanks for that, didn't know if I was making a big blunder on the posts.

When I mean "functioning" I mean: working trigger with working safety, working display selector, rail mount cover is removable, flip sights that are modeled in H5 on the ammo counter work, bolt carrier group and bolt handle move, bolt rotates like on a modern carbine, magazine catch works, magazine functions with dummy rounds, barrel and gas tube assemble in a similar way to an actual rifle. No firing pin, no trigger pack, no trigger to trigger pack connector rod.

In no way do I want to make a rifle that fires, however I do want to make a replica that's as close to what it could work like as possible. Maybe even be in a fan film or some such...

I also want to have a sound system and have lighting effects.

example of the sights:
andrew-bradbury-ar-hi-c-01.jpg
andrew-bradbury-ar-lo-b-01.jpg

Another day and another update, here is today's update.

MA5D Halo5-0008.png
MA5D Halo5-0009.png
MA5D Halo5-0010.png

As you can see I've started on the bolt handle area of the upper receiver. The basic block out of the forward area is just about complete.

just a slight suggestion . Put in a few set screws on the trigger and bolt action and any tthing that moves. they hide well.
Many of the cons Ive Staffed , Most were over the top picky on No moving parts. and Filled barrel.
print or fashon a barrle plug that also has a orange tip . you can then use a set screw or 2 to fasten it in the barrel .

For a con approved version I'm thinking of just making a solid shell with lights and compartments for batteries and wiring. Still working out the particulars though.

Still, I like the suggestion.

It's been a few days and I have more progress to present. Its not much, but it is progress none the less.

MA5D Halo5-0011.png
MA5D Halo5-0012.png
MA5D Halo5-0013.png

Hi guys! Sorry I was MIA these past weeks. Things came up and so the volume of updates will be slow. But, to tide you over here is what I've been working on.
MA5D Halo5-0021.png
MA5D Halo5-0022.png
MA5D Halo5-0023.png
MA5D Halo5-0024.png
MA5D Halo5-0025.png
MA5D Halo5-0026.png

As you guys can see I'm not screen/game accurate at all. But, I don't really care. As long as it is generally in the same geometry as other MA5D 3D models and the reference pictures I have on hand I'll be content with the out come.

Anyway, that's all for now folks.

Hey guys thanks for the interest. Haven't done much of doing any progress on the model since starting my new job. Hopefully I'll start working on it again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back