Jme's H3 MKVI Foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good so far. I'm holding off a bit on starting any armour building until I can find a part-time job and I finish my exams for school. Still gonna watch this closely and see what I can pick up along the way though.

Reactions: Jme
Thanks!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Oh wow. I mean the first one looked good enough. This one .... very, very nice indeed. The redo was absolutely worth it and the added details are great too.

Why did I have voice of Caboose in my head when I wrote "it will be awesome"?

"I'm just a witness"

Because you were thinking of Rick Moranis, who is Canadian like yourself, and his voice over in "Brother Bear" who played a Caboose........am I even close?

Because you were thinking of Rick Moranis, who is Canadian like yourself, and his voice over in "Brother Bear" who played a Caboose........am I even close?

While Rick Moranis is awesome, it's more likely that it was the actual voice of Caboose as I was watching RvB at the time.

But really good try!

This is absolutely fantastic!!! great job :thumbsup

Thanks Chief!

Oh wow. I mean the first one looked good enough. This one .... very, very nice indeed. The redo was absolutely worth it and the added details are great too.

Thanks, and don't be afraid to keep giving it to me straight if you see something wrong. The re-do, although really time consuming (I made the thrusters three times and still messed up a bit) was worth it for sure.

... time consuming ? I tell what time consuming is : trying to add/redo stuff to a so-called finished armor where I had to ommit stuff I planned earlier because I ran out of time. There's NO second tries there. It has to be good first time around or you're in a world of hurt, no room for error.
At the time it looked a good idea to just "roll with what I had and add stuff later". I bloody hell know better now. :D

Trust me on this : redoing it is worth it. Big time.

Excellent point. I didn't realize that fact until I did the second chest piece.

Originally I was going to make a "base" and add detail after. Nope, you have to do it at the time.

I can just imaging how much work it is to try and add to an already completed piece.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Looks good so far. I'm holding off a bit on starting any armour building until I can find a part-time job and I finish my exams for school. Still gonna watch this closely and see what I can pick up along the way though.

My biggest suggestions are these:

1. Take your time.

There is a tendency to want to rush because a) you are really excited to make the armour and b) you see other people knocking out pieces like mad.

Go at your own pace and really plan out each part. Taking a little time in the beginning will keep you from having to take apart or remake a part.

2. Understand the design.

Pepakura designs can be really hard to wrap your head around. It can help to have an open photo of someone else's build (or good photos of the piece you are building) to relate to the 3D model.

The design might have to be modified while you make the piece in order for pieces to fit (you can see spacers in my back piece that had to be added) If you are using foam, remember, pepakura does not know this. The way the model says to attach a piece may not actually work for you.

3. Plan your cuts.

It really is a pain to attach a piece and then realize after that you needed to make a 45 degree edge.

4. Keep your blades sharp.

I use a hot knife, but still have a sharpening stone beside me to keep my blade sharp. Not only do clean cuts look better and require less fixing after, it is just way easier to have a nice sharp blade.

That being said, I have a lot of filling and sanding to do.

I think he was one of the moose in the film. I'll go do some research on that and get back to you.

you're right....haven't seen the movie in a while......he is a Moose.....who wanted to be a Wolverine or something........or was it a Badger?

:facepalm got carried away.......Sorry. The build is Fantastic! What is your color scheme going to be?

Classic Master Chief is the plan but a grey/black is not out of the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back