Props Halo Reach DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesh

Heyo, I decided I want a DMR for my costume so here's my progress :b

So of course, you need to start with a base... Mine is a freehand base from a picture and this weird foam like stuff which is too soft to make armour out of (if I had a heat gun it may be better for that type of stuff)
jBSlpUZ.jpg

My next picture is from further down the line. I'm using EVA Foam mats to flesh it out, and I've also added a few things from my brothers BB guns :b You can also see here space for a Magazine
k3Gx5w7.jpg

Here the magazine is added, not much else to say really..
kYErznU.jpg

Seeing I have no plastidip, I decided to paint the foam in a more unconventional way, 100+ points if anyone can figure out how ;D
PCg6XUJ.jpg

I picked up some bullets to stick on the gun and in the mag, and on my armour somewhere... I got as close as I could get to the official round, these are 7.62x52mm for a Mosin Nagant :D They are also inert so don't worry :b
XCIdxXG.jpg

I spent a lot of yesterday and today Spraying some extra pieces, like the Scope and some little barrel pieces and the Magazine :D
xmOGXDE.jpg

That's all I have for now, Once I pick up some more glue I'll be working on the Hand guard, attaching everything like the barrel and scope, and working on some extra details in craft foam :)

Looks great. Imagine a airsoft event where everyone was in Halo suits and it was a red v blue. having airsoft Dmrs and snipers that people have made. Pulling out a dual weild pistols. Sadly i cant do airsoft here, only paintball

Heyo, I decided I want a DMR for my costume so here's my progress :b

So of course, you need to start with a base... Mine is a freehand base from a picture and this weird foam like stuff which is too soft to make armour out of (if I had a heat gun it may be better for that type of stuff)
View attachment 25590

My next picture is from further down the line. I'm using EVA Foam mats to flesh it out, and I've also added a few things from my brothers BB guns :b You can also see here space for a Magazine
View attachment 25591

Here the magazine is added, not much else to say really..
View attachment 25592

Seeing I have no plastidip, I decided to paint the foam in a more unconventional way, 100+ points if anyone can figure out how ;D
View attachment 25593

I picked up some bullets to stick on the gun and in the mag, and on my armour somewhere... I got as close as I could get to the official round, these are 7.62x52mm for a Mosin Nagant :D They are also inert so don't worry :b
View attachment 25594

I spent a lot of yesterday and today Spraying some extra pieces, like the Scope and some little barrel pieces and the Magazine :D
View attachment 25595

That's all I have for now, Once I pick up some more glue I'll be working on the Hand guard, attaching everything like the barrel and scope, and working on some extra details in craft foam :)

I have a feeling u used shoe polish? anyway the build is looking great good job and keep it up!

I'm back :D With a finished product!! :D

So first of all, I had to go out my back garden for this, can you see why? (It's not spraying)
This picture is me adding all the things that need to be added, you can see how much of a change it makes to the gun already, and when I saw it like this I got really excited about the fact I have a DMR!!
8fLiBak.jpg

I added some craft foam to detail the gun and them promptly did nothing with it :D
sIKC6ur.jpg

I fixed some bullets into the mag just for fun :D
jMjTgPi.jpg

Aaaaand finally, ladies and gentlemen, the myth, the legend, the POS that I know in future I will make better, my DMR :D
fTUy2gv.jpg

I know it's not the greatest, but ah well, it's my first attempt and I know in the future I will do better with a Mk2, or a Mk3, or a Mk23.....

Thank you for reading :D

I'm back :D With a finished product!! :D

So first of all, I had to go out my back garden for this, can you see why? (It's not spraying)
This picture is me adding all the things that need to be added, you can see how much of a change it makes to the gun already, and when I saw it like this I got really excited about the fact I have a DMR!!
View attachment 25634

I added some craft foam to detail the gun and them promptly did nothing with it :D
View attachment 25635

I fixed some bullets into the mag just for fun :D
View attachment 25636

Aaaaand finally, ladies and gentlemen, the myth, the legend, the POS that I know in future I will make better, my DMR :D
View attachment 25637

I know it's not the greatest, but ah well, it's my first attempt and I know in the future I will do better with a Mk2, or a Mk3, or a Mk23.....

Thank you for reading :D
hhhmmmmm well theres a lighter and craft foam by the looks of it. I have two theories, one you we heat forming the foam to bent around the DMR or you were using the lighter as a way of weathering the prop
Anyway good job with the build:D

Chief, not quite, the lighter has got something to do with it though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back