Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!! 52 DAYS LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!!

Finished both boot peps this week and started fixing some of the remaining assets for pdos. Took a lot of screenshot reference too for Linda and Fred. Too much, but it's better than having not enough.
For a 40 hr work week all closing shifts I do say I think I did an okay job wasting a week...

Got time to finally print the chest and my printer ran out of ink with only 4 pages left to print. FML. Fortunately the days are now getting above 10c consistently which allows me to glass without death fume house :D

I'll be back when I have something more interesting than my peperoni, probably hardened and worked peperonies. (That's what I call pep btw, pun intended, spelling purposeful.) Booties beside my bike helm, which is practically the same size as the shell for Linda sans padding, i.e. XS.

IMG_20160426_011904.jpg

Finished both boot peps this week and started fixing some of the remaining assets for pdos. Took a lot of screenshot reference too for Linda and Fred. Too much, but it's better than having not enough.
For a 40 hr work week all closing shifts I do say I think I did an okay job wasting a week...

Got time to finally print the chest and my printer ran out of ink with only 4 pages left to print. FML. Fortunately the days are now getting above 10c consistently which allows me to glass without death fume house :D

I'll be back when I have something more interesting than my peperoni, probably hardened and worked peperonies. (That's what I call pep btw, pun intended, spelling purposeful.) Booties beside my bike helm, which is practically the same size as the shell for Linda sans padding, i.e. XS.

View attachment 26458 View attachment 26459 View attachment 26460

NOOOOOO! ;_;
The attachments don't work! ;_;

Just wanted to say that your on the right track, and this is definitly one of my top five threads that I check up on. I know its a long haul doing the peperonie route. But can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Great work, Spartan. I'm glad the boots worked out fine in the end for you. I tried working on them myself (my attitude towards releasing files is to never do so until I've test-assembled it first) but the cardstock's a little too thick to work on the smaller parts accurately, and my glue just won't hold as well.

I also took a look at your Argus helmet - there are a few geometry issues that need to be resolved. If you don't mind, I could clean up those few errors for you before releasing the finished file to the Archive? That is, if you don't mind sharing the files with the community - in that vein, will you eventually be releasing the other files to the community once the build has been completed?

Damn, I really love these cute feet. <3

Just wanted to say that your on the right track, and this is definitly one of my top five threads that I check up on. I know its a long haul doing the peperonie route. But can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Thanks for your encouragement! I just laughed alloud in the break room at peperonie sticking XD

Great work, Spartan. I'm glad the boots worked out fine in the end for you. I tried working on them myself (my attitude towards releasing files is to never do so until I've test-assembled it first) but the cardstock's a little too thick to work on the smaller parts accurately, and my glue just won't hold as well.

I also took a look at your Argus helmet - there are a few geometry issues that need to be resolved. If you don't mind, I could clean up those few errors for you before releasing the finished file to the Archive? That is, if you don't mind sharing the files with the community - in that vein, will you eventually be releasing the other files to the community once the build has been completed?

Do what you will with those files. I love to help others out. I will release the others once I deem them to be of the highest quality.

The boots worked very well with my lower weight cardstock, albeit it took forever since my feets aren't man sized.

I got a lot of detailed shots of under boot and everything on the weekend so I was probably going to edit your pep to represent that if other people are as obsessive as I am about detail.

Damn, I really love these cute feet. <3

THEY ARE THE CUTEST I CANT WAIT TO WEAR THEM!!! <3

I'll get home from work in 3.5 hrs so expect some screaming about my lack of printer ink and peperonie blues posted soon.

Jurassic OK! I'M WAITING FOR SOME ANGRY RANT NOW!
Also, yeah... Spartan feet are so cute! <3 They definitely make all Spartans a lot cuter than they should be, lol :D
And I can't want to see you wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SO AFTER MANY HOURS OF SCRUTINY GLARING AT BLENDER AND MY PEP..... I trusted the internet too much; male chest instead of female. The difference in either models is very hard to notice, but I notice.

Is it really worth it? Do I make a new pep file...
Screenshot_38.png
I got maybe 1/4 done anyways.
IMG_20160503_231301.jpgIMG_20160503_231319.jpg

And that's about it since last time besides I bought a printer. Been sick so not much has been done the past 5 days.

I think its a matter of your body type. It would help to have a photo of you with the torso in front of you.

It depends on whether it will fit you or not......If it does bother because of the type (M/F), then the fit is immaterial. Go ahead and redo....it's what will make you feel in the end.....You have the right armor or your wearing a male chest piece.........your choice.

It really depends. It may fit you! I'd rather continue and see if it fits or not.
You can always do a mannequin of your chest area to later on harden the pieces on it so they will fit your body - then they should fit perfect! If you should have some excess on the sides, you'll just cut it, BUT it will still fit you perfectly as it was hardened on something that fits your body.

It's really just an issue of fit. If it fits go for it. If it doesn't then start over. It's literally the same issue with crossplay because the male costumes come in male sizes unless special ordered in female measurements or custom made. You're making this custom to your measurements so it should fit in theory unless the issue is with bust in which case you have two options, you can either bind or remake the chest to accommodate the extra size. Actually you have three options now that I think about it, you can also remake in the female model too. It's all dependent on how you want to approach the issue. I'm just lucky I'm really flat so I can cosplay guys and girls with ease but even then it has its pros and cons.

Is it really worth it? Do I make a new pep file...

Build according to your body - if the male torso file fits you better, I would suggest you use that.

I'd also recommend against adding in the shielded areas along the collar to the base file - if something goes wrong, you have a lot more work to do in solving the problem. Make those parts separate and you'll have a lot less work to do when hardening and filling.

That helmet tho! Linda is my favorite, I can't wait to see how this comes together. Good luck Spartan!

It's really just an issue of fit. If it fits go for it. If it doesn't then start over. It's literally the same issue with crossplay because the male costumes come in male sizes unless special ordered in female measurements or custom made. You're making this custom to your measurements so it should fit in theory unless the issue is with bust in which case you have two options, you can either bind or remake the chest to accommodate the extra size. Actually you have three options now that I think about it, you can also remake in the female model too. It's all dependent on how you want to approach the issue. I'm just lucky I'm really flat so I can cosplay guys and girls with ease but even then it has its pros and cons.

Really you are right, the issue is mostly bust and I am petite stature but BUILT WITH MUSCLE and boob. At this late in the game I don't think I have much of an option besides continuing from what I have done anyways. I'm going to do a 3d printed build later on this year!~

Build according to your body - if the male torso file fits you better, I would suggest you use that.

I'd also recommend against adding in the shielded areas along the collar to the base file - if something goes wrong, you have a lot more work to do in solving the problem. Make those parts separate and you'll have a lot less work to do when hardening and filling.

I am omitting the shield bits from the actual torso for now just like you say, I wanted to keep the floating ab plate as well but it will be an issue later. The pack and cameras are separate as well. I plan to make most of the chest modular with screws/magnets/ sockets/ some kind of modified hose clamping hinges. It will help with sizing at least....

That helmet tho! Linda is my favorite, I can't wait to see how this comes together. Good luck Spartan!

I too cannot wait til I can wear this!! :d

Really you are right, the issue is mostly bust and I am petite stature but BUILT WITH MUSCLE and boob. At this late in the game I don't think I have much of an option besides continuing from what I have done anyways. I'm going to do a 3d printed build later on this year!~

I am omitting the shield bits from the actual torso for now just like you say, I wanted to keep the floating ab plate as well but it will be an issue later. The pack and cameras are separate as well. I plan to make most of the chest modular with screws/magnets/ sockets/ some kind of modified hose clamping hinges. It will help with sizing at least....

I too cannot wait til I can wear this!! :d

You're the polar opposite of me then XD I'm petit and skinny as can be. It's great in some ways but a pain in the rump in others. Hoping to put on at least some muscle eventually but gaining weight in any sense is more of a struggle than it should be.

You're the polar opposite of me then XD I'm petit and skinny as can be. It's great in some ways but a pain in the rump in others. Hoping to put on at least some muscle eventually but gaining weight in any sense is more of a struggle than it should be.

Each body type with their blessings and their curses of course. My day job I never sit except for on breaks and am constantly lifting heavy things/ walking, this is why I have muscle I suppose besides I love ham! Again opposite of you I am slimming into the new H5 "reveals-all undersuit" . TFW I am more suited to being DARE than Linda. ;p

Each body type with their blessings and their curses of course. My day job I never sit except for on breaks and am constantly lifting heavy things/ walking, this is why I have muscle I suppose

If you're looking for a good workout to tone yourself, try looking into squats/curls/sit-ups and jogging. I tend to spend about an hour on a three-mile jog daily, followed by a 20minute course of reps and whatnot. My stomach's firming back up and... well. Let's not talk about the caboose, but the husband likes it :p

Regardless - I'd recommend mainly working on the lower core (tummy/bum/legs) if you want to get a more screen-accurate Spartan physique. Mercifully, the upper torso armour hides the upper body, and padding solves what workouts can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back