Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!! 52 DAYS LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!!

Quick update; Made my mom try on the chest I was making, fit her perfectly. My shoulders are about 5 cm wider than hers. Short and thick of it gonna make a new one. Luckily thanks to Chernobyl, I don't even have to size a new one we're the same size, I'll use the file you graciously provided me to make a new chest peperonie base :p

​#moreboobroom

That's great. I'll probably be updating the file as I go with the other parts (ab plates, camera equipment, shields) - the file comes at the default scale common across all Halo 5 models, so you're free to import the file back into Blender and work on it as you choose. It may be a good idea for you to share your work in this thread for me to add to - perhaps together we'll be able to get a decent file that works.

Victory pose guys, Third times the charm with chest armor. [ More like even if it's not perfect I'm using it anyways...] I ended up having to spend a few days making another new file this week out of the female mesh. Having that petite stature is really kicking my butt. Anyways here's a screen of all the pieces I have unfolded.

Screenshot_1.png

As you can see I have every part as separate objects; and some of the unfolding inspired by Chernobyl's.
Tomorrow I'll be working on the hump pack then working on unfolding thrusters.

IMG_20160520_233355.jpg

Yay!! Ready to be fixed in some areas then supported for glassing!

IMG_20160520_233135.jpg

So much better than the last two it is short enough and long enough/wide in the right areas now. The male chest stuck out a hand width on either side and this one hugs nicely =w=

Also got some paint and runners for the boots since I wont have time to make booties for this con. Bye bye last weeks paycheck lol.
IMG_20160516_182633.jpgIMG_20160516_183356.jpgIMG_20160516_184039.jpg

Not looking bad at all. I've been spending a little time on those booster pods and cleaning up the cameras, if you'd like the file once I'm done.

Hey crew! Sorry for the absence, It's been crazy busy getting the short end with irregular shifts, moving, and pepping... I figured you all would like to see hardened stuff that fits better than pep...
ANYWAYS I have a dump of pep photos and stuff from my new toy.

IMG_20160531_161142.jpg
All pieces hardened as of 5/31/16. Wip pics under the cut with salty comments.
IMG_20160604_185504.jpgIMG_20160619_231713.jpgIMG_20160619_231704.jpgFirst thing I do with silhouette cameo? Put my call sign on the gear locker.
IMG_20160629_184749.jpgIMG_20160629_184819.jpgI made the left one simplier... and I had to turf it because it worked less than the original.

THE THIGH IS TOO SMOL! I'm making it 6 cm longer, hopefully that will be perfect. MM that 110lb paper and cameo cutting = no lines or edge ids...
IMG_20160629_184215.jpgIMG_20160629_184936.jpgScreenshot_2.pngTHAT FEEL WHEN RESIZING!:thumbsdown

And finally le pièce de résistance, the first thing I ever tried to pep. Off topic so I'll just link the FB post HERE. :D I still wore it though gosh darn it. Didn't even know how to size or separate 3d parts...

I'll do a big update again when the new garage is in order and pep is glassed.

IMG_20160531_161142.jpg

IMG_20160604_185504.jpg

IMG_20160619_231713.jpg

IMG_20160619_231704.jpg

IMG_20160629_184749.jpg

IMG_20160629_184819.jpg

IMG_20160629_184215.jpg

IMG_20160629_184936.jpg

Screenshot_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, spartan. Sure is slow!

I can't; but can still believe I am doing pep still. My sister broke a few pieces and I'm remaking those at least they were only bicep and tricep.

Just finishing up the new shin peps to be glassed. Made them 6cm longer and they fit way better!

IMG_20160703_203948.jpg

I FIXED IT WITH SCOTCH TAPE! Surprisingly durable till I can put some fiberglass and rondo in there :3.

Wow, great thread,
I just read through the whole thing and the build is really nice. I wish I had the patience to pep a whole suit. So I just do the peped helmet and foamed the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, great thread,
I just read through the whole thing and the build is really nice. I wish I had the patience to pep a whole suit. So I just do the peped helmet and foamed the rest

Oh gee, glad to hear! It sure has been a pain having to go from raw asset -> fixed 3d model -> unfold -> pep. I weighed the pros and cons of foam to pep and found it would be best to do it this way. Preserving as much detail as I could, since over all the pieces are very easy to move around in.

However I will make undersuit parts out of foam or silicons so they move with me!

Oh gee, glad to hear! It sure has been a pain having to go from raw asset -> fixed 3d model -> unfold -> pep. I weighed the pros and cons of foam to pep and found it would be best to do it this way. Preserving as much detail as I could, since over all the pieces are very easy to move around in.

However I will make undersuit parts out of foam or silicons so they move with me!

Yeah, with my Venator build I had to do the same modifying to the raw assets, unfolding and blah blah blah. It gets very old very fast lol

Yeah, with my Venator build I had to do the same modifying to the raw assets, unfolding and blah blah blah. It gets very old very fast lol

Ah,yes it is so old.... I want to be done with it already so I can finally make my recon set or hayabusa I've put off since h3 debuted lol

EDIT; Tried to make some UNSC vinyls but it was too complicated like i suspected.
Hey I do other things too besides pep guys...sometimes.....

IMG_20160704_234041.jpg

Now where to put the lighthouse?

Hey kids I thought I'd post an update before work. In the past 3 weeks I've been getting really.... really, badly timed hours so progress is way behind. I have a week at least to get EVERYTHING painted although I'm past my initial deadline for priming.

Here's where I'm at, knees just need to be painted, the right forearm is nearly done, just need to sand shoes and some areas of helmet. I'm going to have to make a new chest piece after this con so that's going to be... roughly smoothed and painted that's it! My friend is doing hand, butt, and a calf piece for me. At least that's covered.

I'll put a link to progress pic dump I have HERE.

Now I need help choosing the paint colour

IMG_20160721_224328.jpg

IMG_20160726_125604.jpgIMG_20160726_125613.jpg

My perfectionism is my downfall right now. (besides all the people quitting at work so i have to work more than my part-time hours ;-;)

I'll be back from work at 8:30pst I'll post sanded things from tonight later :p

WOW!

I totally LOVE your build, especially at these later stages where you put a lot of work and time into smoothing everything.

May I ask why redo the chest after the con?

Also - wrong link.

WOW!

I totally LOVE your build, especially at these later stages where you put a lot of work and time into smoothing everything.

May I ask why redo the chest after the con?

Also - wrong link.

OOPS!~ at least it wasn't a bad.... mis-link. just my bad game highlight. Fixed!

I feel I put too much effort into smoothing, but also it's going to be an off white and things have to be relatively perfect for that.

The chest I have to redo again because it warped pretty badly so it digs into my ribs, also my friend K said it's not wide enough for my shoulders.

Thanks for the kind words, Mara. I was close to quitting yesterday >_>;;

The chest I have to redo again because it warped pretty badly so it digs into my ribs, also my friend K said it's not wide enough for my shoulders.

I'm working on a split-up for the torso that also includes some bracer points you'd be able to fabricate to prevent that from happening, if you'd like the file at some point. Also - I'm interested to see what you come up with for the torso camera add-ons, since I haven't been able to figure those out yet.

Otherwise, good work!

I'm working on a split-up for the torso that also includes some bracer points you'd be able to fabricate to prevent that from happening, if you'd like the file at some point. Also - I'm interested to see what you come up with for the torso camera add-ons, since I haven't been able to figure those out yet.

Otherwise, good work!

I'll post a picture of what I have for the chest in depth, but for the extra details parts of the camera I am doing in a wood dowel most likely. The left camera is just going to be rondo'd and placed to dry into place. I put the weird square thing in there while it was drying so it wouldn't warp but that actually seems to have cured itself and nothing needs to be done but paint.

I'll post a picture of what I have for the chest in depth, but for the extra details parts of the camera I am doing in a wood dowel most likely. The left camera is just going to be rondo'd and placed to dry into place. I put the weird square thing in there while it was drying so it wouldn't warp but that actually seems to have cured itself and nothing needs to be done but paint.

I meant more in the fact that the actual geometry of the camera mounts is pretty poor and intersects the booster pods in the back - I can't seem to get a satisfactory resolution to the issue myself, and I wondered if you'd come upon a solution yourselves that would allow you to seamlessly fabricate the camera mounts onto the torso itself. Picture's related - I tried a simple Boolean operation but I'm getting no joy from it, so I'm considering scratch-modelling the unit itself.

As for warping: my plan has been to fabricate a support strut in the back, and otherwise construct the file as one single, solid piece with bracer pieces (likely lengths of dowel and popsicle sticks) to ensure the file won't warp and distort when it's being hardened up. The idea is that the support strut can be temporarily fixed in place using paper clips (much in the same way as Hugh Holder's ODST helmet file is built) and then removed later, especially if there's some form of 'barrier' preventing the support from being resin-glued to the main torso structure (cling-film, I'm thinking). I'm probably over-engineering the solution, but I'd rather make one single pass on this rather than futz it up and have to re-do something down along the line - and that means getting it right first time. The modular design of my own model prep means that if one piece goes awry I can reconstruct that as opposed to the entire model over again, but I'd rather not have to if I can help it, and unfortunately that means gleaning as much information as I can from people such as yourself who have gone ahead and constructed the piece. Plus, it means that the final model I end up releasing will be in a fit state for users to construct without too many issues.

Anyways, your work looks very good so far. I'd like to pick apart your modelling work further at some point and perhaps see what you did for the forearms and shins, but I'll keep it at this for now and keep watching from the shadows. Good luck moving forward!

[/lurk mode]

Attachments

• Argus torso rear camera left.JPG
    Argus torso rear camera left.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Argus Back Support Strut.JPG
    Argus Back Support Strut.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 243
How is your progress?
Thanks for checking in! I'm currently making new files for the thighs and something extra since 3 days of spartan armor is hard.

At least have a pic of the magnum pre-weathered and my pile of stuff from before last weekend :p.

IMG_20160803_235528.jpgIMG_20160804_000224.jpgIMG_20160804_000236.jpg

It's a mess, we're still moving in haha. The helmet in the background is almost done but I don't have any pics of it recently. I'm taking a break from sanding since I am sick.

Anyways just working on a different thigh file and I'm going to do detail work in the male chest piece I have already, also this;
Screenshot_25.png
Lena related, not Linda ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back