Spartan ID - service number idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclaimara

Sr Member
Member DIN
S713
Sooo... Lately I've been thinking a little bit about the Service number thread... and I've gotten an idea to make visual bio like that in the picture below.

I initially had the idea for myself but in progress of doing it I thought it could be implemented in 405th, if no one would have anything against?
I've gotten the idea after also reading the "deployment" thread about submitting forms and armors to get approved, etc. Now that I'm thinking it's bit similar to 501st's as they have each photo of their member if I'm right? o.o

Basically just the same thing as the service numbers where majority also post their bio, etc. so I thought it could also look even better with such pictures.

What I came up is a concept - all data and visual things can be changed... just had an idea... what would you guys think, any opinions, suggestions, etc.?

(don't mind the character, treat it as generic character placeholder, lol, as I said at first I was making it for myself)

halospartanbio kopia.jpg

V2

halospartanbioshep.JPG

Re: Spartan bio - service number idea?

Looking very hard to find something wrong with this ..... njjjjjjjjjjjknnmkkknnnppgrrrrr ..... Nope. I can't. It's just too good. :D

Upvote 0

Always with the cool ideas

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Upvote 0

YES! Oh this is Brll!

I think this is a really neat idea!

Looking very hard to find something wrong with this ..... njjjjjjjjjjjknnmkkknnnppgrrrrr ..... Nope. I can't. It's just too good. :D

Always with the cool ideas

Thanks a lot guys, happy you like it. ^^
I was just brainstorming... also like I said any suggestions, ideas, etc. are welcome.
I'd rather keep it cleaner, like writing there just the most important info to have less text, but it's just my idea.

As for different Spartans in those uniforms - it'd be easy to edit as there are multiple models, so there would be unique, not just one single pose. Wouldn't be hard to edit it, also could mod them to fit better - someone is slimmer, someone has more muscle, etc.
IF someone would want it.
If not - just normal photo of a member in costume would suffice, preferred with least colorful background possible.

Also, curious and afraid what the Staff will think of it.
ninja.png

Attachments

• ninja.png
    ninja.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 452
Upvote 0

Thanks a lot guys, happy you like it. ^^
I was just brainstorming... also like I said any suggestions, ideas, etc. are welcome.
I'd rather keep it cleaner, like writing there just the most important info to have less text, but it's just my idea.

What would you think about a ID card of sorts ?
I made this one some time ago.
( Firefall fanart. Portrait by Legend57)

Attachments

• akd5ic.png
    akd5ic.png
    157 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0

Sorry about that. Should be fixed now added it as a attachment :)

No problem. ^^
That's pretty much the same thing, or similar, right? Just, a lot less info here...
I'd personally rather keep the full-body picture to show the person, not just a small portrait like avatar. Pretty much killing of what I was having in mind, but ID cards are also cool! :D

Upvote 0

Yeah pretty much. As you mentioned about less text it was the first thing that came to mind was a ID card.
I like the full body too as I think it's more personal and more individual. I had no intent off killing what you had in anyway,I apologize if it came off that way.

Upvote 0

Yeah pretty much. As you mentioned about less text it was the first thing that came to mind was a ID card.
I like the full body too as I think it's more personal and more individual. I had no intent off killing what you had in anyway,I apologize if it came off that way.

Haha, thank you very much for the suggestion! :D
However I mostly just meant that there is just bit too much text info - I'd rather leave some less important info out of it to make it look 'cleaner'.

But yeah, for now I won't do anything - if the idea won't be approved and disliked, I'd rather sit quietly than go into hype-mode and work on it more. o.o

halospartanbio kopia.jpg

Upvote 0

No problem :)
Ah ok,I understand now haha.

Hopefully you'll get some good feedback. :) It looks really neat!

Upvote 0

@Marawuff, I see no reason why you should stop building on this. Whether or not it's something that could potentially get approved for use by the 405th in the future, the fact that you took your character creation a step further for your own enjoyment is nothing short of stunning. You're working on something that's passionate to you, so please don't stop. Even if something like this can't be implemented, who's to say you can't use it for yourself?

I really like the concept. Keep it up! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

I think it's a great idea.
For anyone interested in templates for these ID cards, as well as a tutorial that should help those without any experience at image editing, you can find it here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41917

I know I'm about 3 or 4 pages worth of posts behind on updating the service number thread, but I've been asked to stop for the time being while Deployment is becoming a thing.

Upvote 0

Can I be that one really annoying guy?

Can you make me one? These look awesome!!

You're not annoying at all! When I finish it, or make it "more fleshed out" it wouldn't be a problem a problem at all! Just want to make it prettier :)

Marawuff, I see no reason why you should stop building on this. Whether or not it's something that could potentially get approved for use by the 405th in the future, the fact that you took your character creation a step further for your own enjoyment is nothing short of stunning. You're working on something that's passionate to you, so please don't stop. Even if something like this can't be implemented, who's to say you can't use it for yourself?

I really like the concept. Keep it up! ;)

Oh, it doesn't really matter if it is something that 405th would like to have or not, I'll do it for myself anyway. ^^
I just also thought it would be cool if it could be implemented for everyone as well. :)

I think it's a great idea.
For anyone interested in templates for these ID cards, as well as a tutorial that should help those without any experience at image editing, you can find it here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41917

I know I'm about 3 or 4 pages worth of posts behind on updating the service number thread, but I've been asked to stop for the time being while Deployment is becoming a thing.

Oh great! I had no idea you did it earlier! :D
That's why I thought to do it myself - not everyone has and can do image editing, so I thought I could just do it for the members interested.
You know, it'd make it easier for everyone, and it isn't a problem for me to do it.
And as much as I liked the original ID cards, I thought to change the text with bio for more important info... first I didn't think at all about the Halo 4's Majestic cards! :D

//ps. in your post there is a mistake, it was 343i and not bungie, who did these... i'm sorry, it just stood out to me... ;_; //

Upvote 0
Re: Spartan ID's - service number idea?

I did work on it a little, and like I said I could implement it on other branches, not only on the Spartan brach, so here it is - generic ODST example.

Please don't mind Del-Rio's ugly face (hate that mofo with passion), but I just wanted a generic example for an officer. Also, did some smaller and bigger changes... but... ugh... yeah...

halospartanbioodst.jpg

Also, changed bit more on my personal Spartan.
Like I said - less info to look "cleaner" and I tried incorporating Fireteam logo, dunno how I feel about it yet.
I think the small branch logos //Spartan, ODST// are a good thing.
PS. Dunno if you see but there is a 405th next to the UNSC... and also thinking of putting somewhere the 405th and regiment logo...

halospartanbioshep.JPG

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back