Spartan ID - service number idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclaimara

Sr Member
Member DIN
S713
Sooo... Lately I've been thinking a little bit about the Service number thread... and I've gotten an idea to make visual bio like that in the picture below.

I initially had the idea for myself but in progress of doing it I thought it could be implemented in 405th, if no one would have anything against?
I've gotten the idea after also reading the "deployment" thread about submitting forms and armors to get approved, etc. Now that I'm thinking it's bit similar to 501st's as they have each photo of their member if I'm right? o.o

Basically just the same thing as the service numbers where majority also post their bio, etc. so I thought it could also look even better with such pictures.

What I came up is a concept - all data and visual things can be changed... just had an idea... what would you guys think, any opinions, suggestions, etc.?

(don't mind the character, treat it as generic character placeholder, lol, as I said at first I was making it for myself)

halospartanbio kopia.jpg

V2

halospartanbioshep.JPG

Ha! I like how you put Del Rio's birthdate as 'Ancient Times'.
As for the fireteam logo, try placing it near the display photo in the top left-hand corner, or next to the ONI symbol under you name. (Experimental, S-713) See how it looks. Keeping like-things together would help to keep the formatting clean as it appears too crowded between the Spartan figures.

Upvote 0
Wow these are so cool!
Great job and keep it up!!

Thank you. :)

Ha! I like how you put Del Rio's birthdate as 'Ancient Times'.
As for the fireteam logo, try placing it near the display photo in the top left-hand corner, or next to the ONI symbol under you name. (Experimental, S-713) See how it looks. Keeping like-things together would help to keep the formatting clean as it appears too crowded between the Spartan figures.

Thank you for the feedback!
I hate Del Rio with passion. If I'd meet him I'd probably punch him in the face... with a chair... ._.
I was just testing the Fireteam Logo mostly for more personal approach... but... um... this eagle logo is the official logo for the Spartan branch, not ONI o.o ONI logo has a triangle (illuminati!!!).
I was thinking just instead of writing "ODST, Spartan, ONI, Marine" to give it a small logo - they are quite popular, so everyone will know. :D

Upvote 0
Re: Spartan bio - service number idea?

Oh great! I had no idea you did it earlier! :D
That's why I thought to do it myself - not everyone has and can do image editing, so I thought I could just do it for the members interested.
You know, it'd make it easier for everyone, and it isn't a problem for me to do it.
And as much as I liked the original ID cards, I thought to change the text with bio for more important info... first I didn't think at all about the Halo 4's Majestic cards! :D

//ps. in your post there is a mistake, it was 343i and not bungie, who did these... i'm sorry, it just stood out to me... ;_; //

Yeah, I totally got the idea from the Fireteam Majestic cards!
Feel free to use all the templates I made. Not sure what software you are using, but I used GIMP and the files are set up so that the image is a set of layers.
Also, I was able to find the font they used on the official cards, it was Baksheesh if I remember correctly. Just thought I'd throw that out there if you are interested in sticking as close as possible to the original source images.

And yes, you are right, it was 343i, not Bungie! Lol.

Upvote 0
Re: Spartan bio - service number idea?

Can I be that one really annoying guy?

Can you make me one? These look awesome!!

I'll be the guy standing next to the really annoying guy.....and I'll take one for me to........Super Fantastic!!!!

Upvote 0
I know these look super cool but let's just hang on for a minute. First off we have to remember that ranks and associations that exist in game do not exist here. For example, we don't have Fireteams etc.

We will most certainly be able to come up with cool stuff for folks like ID cards or the like but let's just get the whole baseline membership rolling out first and then take the next steps.

I love the excitement of this thread! @Marawuff and WandererTJ - I'd like to talk to both of you about creating a team to work on ideas for this sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I totally got the idea from the Fireteam Majestic cards!
Feel free to use all the templates I made. Not sure what software you are using, but I used GIMP and the files are set up so that the image is a set of layers.
Also, I was able to find the font they used on the official cards, it was Baksheesh if I remember correctly. Just thought I'd throw that out there if you are interested in sticking as close as possible to the original source images.

And yes, you are right, it was 343i, not Bungie! Lol.

Yeah, I've seen it. :p I had other idea first, only later I remembered the FT Majestic cards which were amazing! :D
No problem, yeah I have the font myself, I fixed it later on but the file doesn't work for me as I don't have the GIMP. No problem. ^^

I'll be the guy standing next to the really annoying guy.....and I'll take one for me to........Super Fantastic!!!!

As I earlier said, it won't be a problem when I have these finished. ;)

I know these look super cool but let's just hang on for a minute. First off we have to remember that ranks and associations that exist in game do not exist here. For example, we don't have Fireteams etc.

We will most certainly be able to come up with cool stuff for folks like ID cards or the like but let's just get the whole baseline membership rolling out first and then take the next steps.

I love the excitement of this thread! Marawuff and WandererTJ - I'd like to talk to both of you about creating a team to work on ideas for this sort of thing.

Oh no problem! Like I said, it was just an idea, Fangs, nothing more. :)

Yeah, about the fireteams and ranks - I used info that was mostly used in the "Spartan Service Number" thread where people posted their Spartan's bio - like, in the universe what their character would be, many posted Fireteams and ranks... So that's why used it, I didn't mean them to be as "405th Fireteam and rank"

Sure, hit me up when you need me. ^^

Upvote 0
Nope....I know that no one meant anything by it. Not to worry. I just think that all of that effort could be used for some super fun stuff, if we put our heads together and figure out how we can make it fit here.

Upvote 0
Nope....I know that no one meant anything by it. Not to worry. I just think that all of that effort could be used for some super fun stuff, if we put our heads together and figure out how we can make it fit here.

Sure, like I said it was just an idea I suggested while testing some stuff. :D
Oh well, for me it is also super fun stuff, so I don't feel like wasting time or something. Approved or not, I'll continue working on it to make it for myself and for some nice people here who also will want it...

One question? Why a Hobbit? He looks more like a Troll......

I did it rather randomly. :D

Upvote 0
Just a question. are you making these into hard copies as well? so that they can be worn around someones neck or pulled out like a NCIS agent or something?

Upvote 0
Just a question. are you making these into hard copies as well? so that they can be worn around someones neck or pulled out like a NCIS agent or something?

LOL.
If to make such physical ID cards, I'd rather include less info, you know, because they are small... you don't want to be running around with A6 sized card, right?
I'd rather make them about same size of the Con IDs, you know, most of the cons you have lanyards with cards.
I was thinking of something like that, to be honest. :D But then, I'd rather change the overall design of them.
Why, would you want to have such ID? :D

Upvote 0
LOL.
If to make such physical ID cards, I'd rather include less info, you know, because they are small... you don't want to be running around with A6 sized card, right?
I'd rather make them about same size of the Con IDs, you know, most of the cons you have lanyards with cards.
I was thinking of something like that, to be honest. :D But then, I'd rather change the overall design of them.
Why, would you want to have such ID? :D

Ok cool.
I thought it would be pretty neat, you know? just an idea

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back