Noble H5 3D printed armor! DONE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Noble halo5 3D printing armor for a client

20160626_154754.jpg

We figured out the mounting system for the legs.
so the black suit you see here has 2 holes on the outter leg to pass the snaps from the inner gurdle to the armor plates.

the Knees use a snap and some elastic .

Shins use his boots to origin them up to the right part and use foam under compression to center them.

Sholder is not mounted . but Same as the knees snap or 2 to origin them on the body suit and some elastic . they are hollow so theres not much mass to secure.

Peter..

Attachments

• 20160626_154754.jpg
    20160626_154754.jpg
    885.8 KB · Views: 204

Sorry for the lack of updates. RTX and its madness and then a few mech isuues with the printer has put a hold on his suit.. I ran outta liners ;)

We've been making headway with the chest CAD work . place to add a PA. and radio In front and batts in front too!

this way His suit can be mech balanced and it also frees up the back pods for a later on cooling system.

Ive been up to no good with some R and D for Inductive mic plugs. so this way the inboard mic in the helm does not need a cable to feed the PA.
the neck dam has a wireloop that picks up induced audio from the helm . In simple terms . If the lid its not on the mic is off and its quiet no wires to break and it keeps the seamless look to the suit .
Here is a test video to show you how it works !

range is 20 cm . easy to use and audio bandwith is good! .
I need to make a non bench test verison and try it wit my carter helm as a tester .

i am VERY excited about this. And I want to share the parts list with y'all so you can use it too! .

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry for the lack of updates. RTX and its madness and then a few mech isuues with the printer has put a hold on his suit.. I ran outta liners ;)

We've been making headway with the chest CAD work . place to add a PA. and radio In front and batts in front too!

this way His suit can be mech balanced and it also frees up the back pods for a later on cooling system.

Ive been up to no good with some R and D for Inductive mic plugs. so this way the inboard mic in the helm does not need a cable to feed the PA.
the neck dam has a wireloop that picks up induced audio from the helm . In simple terms . If the lid its not on the mic is off and its quiet no wires to break and it keeps the seamless look to the suit .
Here is a test video to show you how it works !

range is 20 cm . easy to use and audio bandwith is good! .
I need to make a non bench test verison and try it wit my carter helm as a tester .

i am VERY excited about this. And I want to share the parts list with y'all so you can use it too! .

Peter

WOW! It's very cooL! o_O

V2 of the Mic Loop!

Needs more alignment to get the audio quality better but its looking good.

Chest render.jpg

render of the chest!

Time to start on it tonight once I get off work.

BTW If you ever wanna render armor for fun, Bryce is easy to use and its cheap. mac and PC .
The left pic is done in Bryce . right is 123D and lower is meshmixer.

Here is the solidified front chest .

12mm thick part ! BUT they are gonna have a 15 % infill and 4 Perms . backed by glass this should be VERY VERY tough and rigid.

Front Chest render_Copy.jpg

Attachments

• Front Chest render.jpg
    Front Chest render.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 231

Hi.....im New in this website and i was wondering if you could do the Helioskrill design on blender for me to build the armor on Pepakura

Sorry but I Don't do pep. I recommend you Read the stickys and then try your hand with pep .

Wow. This is awesome. Video tutorials are definitely your thing. You have the personality and articulate speech for it.

Hi.....im New in this website and i was wondering if you could do the Helioskrill design on blender for me to build the armor on Pepakura

Welcome to the 405th. Also, we would appreciate if you wouldn't just write on people's thread such requests - you may submit your request in Pepakura request thread or you've VERY welcome to download the .obj Helioskril from the File Archive and unfold it.
//not to tell that posting in people's thread such requests can be considered rude

View attachment 29260

render of the chest!

Time to start on it tonight once I get off work.

BTW If you ever wanna render armor for fun, Bryce is easy to use and its cheap. mac and PC .
The left pic is done in Bryce . right is 123D and lower is meshmixer.

Here is the solidified front chest .

12mm thick part ! BUT they are gonna have a 15 % infill and 4 Perms . backed by glass this should be VERY VERY tough and rigid.

View attachment 29261

Isn't Bryce a product of DazStudio?

Yes it is!

Thought so. Was wondering why not just use Daz Studio to do renders? Its completely free! The latest version is Daz Studio 4.9. It even has a new render engine, (Nvidia Iray). Its a physically based render engine. All based on Real World settings giving you realistic renders.

He is a example of a render I did in Iray, don't mind the butt plate. For some reason the texture wasn't being applied right, not because of me. Just a test render, so I just left it like it was.
CHEIF%20BACK_zpsevngxvmt.png

Attachments

• CHEIF%20BACK_zpsevngxvmt.png
    CHEIF%20BACK_zpsevngxvmt.png
    791.5 KB · Views: 194

I do very little rendering any more. Mostly pure cad. I got into bryce back in 2001. Corel back then. I am on bryce7 as i have no need to upgrade. And i love the interface to bryce .

I'd love to try rendering but for different reasons ^^" Love the mic rig btw. Needless to say there's a lot I can learn from you *.* teach me sensei.

I am back from my other job.. I am SO excited to start tonight on some parts . the sholder clips are first
I * really * hope this thing fits.
I mean so far Ive been very lucky and carfull with my suits ect but I am allwas afraid I will have goofed up and Ill be half done with the chest and its all too small.

I am back from my other job.. I am SO excited to start tonight on some parts . the sholder clips are first
I * really * hope this thing fits.
I mean so far Ive been very lucky and carfull with my suits ect but I am allwas afraid I will have goofed up and Ill be half done with the chest and its all too small.
A normal fear for every coser to tell the truth. I'd stay up with ya if it weren't for the fact I'm working a 10-6, possibbly later due to inventory going on right now and they needhands to help. At least my paycheck will be good in a couple weeks.

One back pod and 1/3 of a sholder back and top.
about 700 grams used on the parts on the chest so far. 20 H of printing

20160715_214612.jpg

Here is the stack of ABS I have left I can use for the armor .

20160715_214624.jpg

8 kg of plastic . Me thinks this is about right. Frys had a sale for 15 bucks a box Vs the normal 25 a box so I horded a few for the project.
I swear that little printer is just poping out parts and its sooo relable .
Ive only had a single failed print for his suit so far ...

illl toss these in here so you can see how the back po is cut up.
back  pod steps.png

And here is the back strap that is WIP.
Back strap steps.png

And for more giggles here is the chest front Pre diced.

chest pre diced.png

Good morning folks . Part 002 of the back strap is done ...
Next part is a 4H print. I am taking a slight risk and It * may * run out of plastic on the spool.. so at the 2.5 mark Ill take a peek at it . I CAN feed in a new roll but Its not easy.

Peter

Thanks! I want to put it in all my armors. wireless for the win!

I had only a few feet left on the spool !!!!. but One full back side is done

20160716_181030.jpg 20160716_181034.jpg

The chest Front is 8 parts. Ive got one allreaddy at 60%

EDIT. 1/8 chest parts are done. 8H 60 Meters of plastic.
part 2 is chugging along. the infill is gonna be SO RIGID.

front chest is 10mm in most places.

Attachments

• 20160716_181030.jpg
    20160716_181030.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back