Noble H5 3D printed armor! DONE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthethinker

Member DIN
S386
Ive got a a few commissions to do this year Some Lids for folks here on the forum and some armor .
Eriq ,A local gamer wants armor so Its my motto to deliver ( by halloween) .
He wants a warmaster Lid and a a super basic Noble armor set from halo5.

Thank you Chernobyl and the team for the assets!

He did his body scan On sat and it looks amazing !
I had him pose to fit the Raw file "stance" an it was a Very quick task to play dress-up-the-gumby back at the Office.
A shout out to digital scan 3D for coming in on the weekend when they are not open for us to get his scan!

45Side.png Side.png BackLeg.png
Purple is scaled and blue is not

I am super excited to make more armor , Be it for me or some one else.
With chief and rtas as my personal testers I am ready to take on some thing from halo5 and make it look good !
Yes I am doing some software smoothing in blender prior to print.

This whole scan thing is really super useful to scale part by part and it lets a person make armor for some one and not need them for fit tests nearly as much in the past.

Ya don't have to be a 3D print nerd to use it! Pep and foam can also be scaled this way too! and it lets you scale XYZ to make it just right.
If you are VERY nerdy you can lock the armor to the body in blender and ball-joint the person and do range of motion tests!

Peter

Re: Noble halo5 3D printing armor for a cleint

Dang right thats pretty cool! I just learned how to rig the Halo 5 male undersuit in blender. Takes me about an hour to do now. For us guys here, not sure about a full body 3d scan. But I'm sure we can take a 3d model and scale the limbs to our proportions. Although that would be a tedious job. Also, if Lazarus saw this, he will probably be at his computer screen drooling, lol.

Re: Noble halo5 3D printing armor for a client

awesome can not wait to see the pics of the lids

Re: Noble halo5 3D printing armor for a cleint

Dang right thats pretty cool! I just learned how to rig the Halo 5 male undersuit in blender. Takes me about an hour to do now. For us guys here, not sure about a full body 3d scan. But I'm sure we can take a 3d model and scale the limbs to our proportions. Although that would be a tedious job. Also, if Lazarus saw this, he will probably be at his computer screen drooling, lol.

Oh I am drooling. if I end up making a suit for my wife, I am most definitely doing the body scan and using that for some Boolean cuts. would save SO much time in scaling and everything too!

Impressive approach to armor making. Seems a very smart way to scale armor without the 'guessing' that you sometimes have to do (+/- 1 an inch here or there, oddly tall armor if you're short :p) and you can likely tailor the armor to the person more.

OK so parts ! Butt upper and lower are done and the arm pads are baking

the arm fit is SOOO GOOD . Eriq tested them a hour ago and its spot on!

P1240009.JPG12H total

P1240010.JPG 18H Est , 11 so far

He has a super tight deadline so Its gonna take my printer to work more overtime then I do at my Day-Job.

Thankfully this is my 3rd printed suit so I * think* I have this down to a science not magic.

Ohh my gosh!!! This is an amazing idea, I have to do a scan for the other two people I'm making suits for. Let me tell you how great this will make sizing chest pieces for females >_>

Thanks!

I found the shirt at goodwill ;)

So here is what I got outta One spool ( 1kg) of ABS and week one.
20160430_151351.jpg
*** the butt has 3 parts the ab is one the sholders are 3 parts per side ***

Kneecaps are next along with arms..

I did manage to get One knee out of the spool too. with a few inches of plastic to spare.

Its time for LEG DAY! I want to do more scaling on the arms so they are on hold
I did some up conversion on the thigh and Its going on the bed prior to my day job.
7 parts per thigh. 3 are on right now.

I'm so jealous!!!! Your getting armor done while at work.........I have to punch 2 time-cards and I'm lucky if I get an hour or 2 a night to work on my armor......"If I were a rich man.....a bitty bitty bitty bum....All day long I make my armor......" Ok so it doesn't rhyme......I'm not Sheldon Harnick.......

Well. I may not have that day job any more. Medical issues.

First set of thigh parts are SUPER tough. With the thick walls and Hex Infill
Parts are way more rigid then my old suits. the cost is 30% more plastic.

.... bugger. Whatever it is, I hope everything will turn out well for you, both personally and medically.

Hex infill. Hmm. I toyed with that. Works and yes the pieces are a lot stonger, but my printing times became much, much higher (add 30% at the bare minimum). Have you had that same observation ?

Dam, sorry Pete. Hope everything works out man........there I go again, putting my foot in my mouth.......:facepalm

Damn, I hope you're doing alright and your health will improve... :(

Il Be , OK its just my various disablitys making employment a major challange as allwas ,Ive faced this for my entire adult life.

I use a 10% Hex. I suspect its about the same for added print time .
I am only Hexing the thighs. the rest is all gonna be normal print and glass.

I Realy wish I could find a pour in Super hard foam that I could fill prints with.

Greatstuff is OK but I mean like foamed PVC ..

I wonder if a slurry of chopped glass and epoxy and some spinning would work.

coat the inside and make it thicker.

That sounds about right. I was working on a 30% infill in "fast hex", so that 10% of yours sounds logical.
I was just wondering if I had missed something as compared to a normal 30% infill which I used for that particular case, the print times went really up.

By the way, thank you for proving the 3D Body Scan approach really works. I was playing with that idea recently for future builds but I was wondering if it was worth the effort.
Your post made sure I better not doubt it.

As for filling prints .... I hear you. If you ever stumble across something usable, let us know !

Sweeet! Yea the body scan is frankly the next best thing to having Eriq here at my whim to test things.

you can also go IN the body as its just a mesh so yoiu can * look * for the purple parts clipping in to the body.

Subtract the body from armor via boolean
One downside is the inner polys from the super duper high def body scan gets transfered to the inside of the armor so if its Really bad it does inflate the file size.
drop in to blender or mesh mixer to remesh and knock down some of the polys .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back