Noble H5 3D printed armor! DONE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Noble halo5 3D printing armor for a client

OK the chest front is done! .. I did tack glueed the upper 2 parts.

the whole chest cadge is SO rigid that It nees to be built to fit the rest of it's self so by declareing the back as the origin point I can tweak a few joint lines to make it look just right and then lock it in place.

Ill have pics in a hour or so.. paint needs to dry..

dang! that dried fast!

P1240645.JPG
Pre paint right after acetone wash.

P1240651.JPG

Painted 1st layer

PeterD

Last 2 parts are on the way...

The Audio control logic is on the bench today

We've got a list of things to connect
his Onboard mic has to feed his PA. A 2way radio , Bluetooth A2DP for phone .. gotta get the impedance right!
The Earbud has to sink. The 2Way.. and BLuetooth
the PA needs to sink bluetooth .
On top of this I need to mute the PA at any point whenever PTT is used for 2Way.
the In chest BT needs to have it's buttons brought out for controll .

cost is around 60 bucks to build.
Thankfully most modern audio gear has a VERY wide.

The main goal is to fit it ALL in the front chest plate! Batts to bluetooth.. No constantly flexing wires.

The front chest plate is also a ton less bulky to slap on the bench and work on and thats a huge bonus.

I can has light!

28309049730_74bfa34048.jpg

I used some 2 part epoxy and some AL foil tape to make a mould in place.

I put a few puffs of Silver spray paint in the thing do defuse the light.

It's very impressive, the chest. :D
Love the light! <3

Thanks Ya'all ..

I am printing off the back center brace for the back of chest armor. 90 meters 10H print.

with that I can proceede to align the parts and glue and gap fill them them ad then sand/ acetone wash then paint them.
add the needed hardware to connect the parts.

OK all the chest parts are printed and its all glued .. i am doing the index pins that are the goal of the chest right now .

This suit is starting to take shape all the detail and work u have put in on this s build is truely amazing

thanks! . with some help of a friend to be a body stand in. Ive got the chest all glued and sanded and ready for paint as soon as NAPA opens in the AM.

20160730_182644.jpg 20160730_182739.jpg

The upper ab plate is next .

OH boy! Chest is almost done With smoothing . I put some paint on it but there are some gaps that need re filling /sanding ..

The Pin Index system for attachment is a 2 person job . Unless you use a wall.

Here is the status as of today.

20160731_132710.jpg 20160731_132724.jpg 20160731_132650.jpg

Left shoulder has a ding Middle back plate joint has a split Across the chest needs serious smoothing.

what is left:::

*Print off the Upper ab cover to hold the PA and its circuit board ( needs to be reamed out first in CAD.

*Foot covers / Boot parts. Add Lift kit to the boots. Eriq should be about 7 Feet in suit with NO LId !

*Hand stuff . Burn up all the end-of-roll stuff I have left .

*and war master helmet and Vac form the visor

Curious, armor in its final stage will have the war master helm?

Ive been ploping carter's lid on Eriq for the effect. REACH era and all that . But in the end Its gonna be warmaster.

Wow, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see more. :3

Electronics UPdate.

now that I am tossing lights and sound in to the chest I need to put on the EE hat and lay out the PSU.

OK so some goals.

* must be IATA ICAO legal so client can take it anywhere.
* must be hot swapable while IN armor.
* must accept a common easy to buy charger.
* must provide 30WH of power with enough headroom to run pumps and other peak loads ,,, 4A max.

Knowing this .
The main PA must use 5V
The LEDs are 12V derived but I can do singles at 4V
The Pumps I find are 12V

SO>>> 4-6 18650 LiFePO4 cells..... they are about 2 AH a cell. some can 30 Amps!

Its VERY easy to get single cell to 5V boost Regs .
I can parallel them in the chest.
as they are in parallel I can charge them IN the chest Or pop them out and use a off the rack charger.
II can swap a single cell and the rest are gonna soak up the load.

for a 100% embeded system I would use LiFePO4 flat cells ( commonly Mis called LiPo's) but the 18650 is SO common that
radioshack sells them so thats good incase there is a issue at a con some where.

as a bonus Eriq will become a DeFacto 8000 mAh USB cell phone charger with legs ;)
as its cells in parallel If I Do need more runtime then I can add more holders and the system just grows.

Peter. D

Pete and I are VERY excited for this armor. Everything is coming together perfectly and as you all can see, it all looks great too!

Pete's work on this suit is absolutely magnificent at the least! He's a fracking genius at coming up with ways on how to make our ideas for the suit work and it just makes everything all the more exciting when these ideas are brought to life!
-I know how cheesy that sounded but it is the best way I can describe it briefly.

Just a few more odds and ends are left and one of which is the helmet. The warmaster model may not be the first pick for everyone to top off the noble suit but it is my favorite combination (for some crazy reason). So with the freedom for deciding what armor I would want out of most any set I chose none other than... my favorite combination!.. (Duh).

Gloves, boots, helmet, and some paint jobs and touch ups/personalizing are all that I believe still remains (Pete, correct me if I'm wrong) and then its off for the official first test drive of the completed suit! Well publicly tested that is.. In other words, I think Pete is going to show me off around town.

I'm really excited to finally join up in the cos-life and see where this suit will take Pete and I! I'll post more down the road but I slack a bit on most social media due to having a crappy little laptop that loves to crash (grrr). So I apologize in advance if someone has a question for me and I don't get back to them very quickly, but I should eventually!

Talk to ya guys the next chance I get!

-Eriq

Yup boot covers are On the list next. ( gloves are dead easy ) and gloves are last as they will be handy to eat up all the remnants on the spools here.

The big thing I need to do is plan the way I secure the shins to the boots. I am convinced that the boot has the rigid-ness to hold up the shin.

The knees are gonna snap on the leg with a elastic strap and a centering button. same with elbows...

I need to find a way to mount props to his back. Eg BR. I have a idea. Ill try to implement this week . 20# load rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back