BOOM Co. Pistol Repaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentri

Was looking for ref pics for this pistol when I found out about the Boom Co M6 blaster. My local Kmart had a few so I decided to grab one and repaint it for my outfit.

Day 1: painted the black on the gun. after waiting for it to dry, I did a test run, and made sure that it still fires, which it does.

IMAG0227.jpg

It's a good start. Keep in mind that most Cons do not allow prop weapons that function in to the Cons........

I am aware of this, which is why there will be no ammo in it. Every con that I have been to has no problem if it functions, just as long as there is nothing to launch from it.

... please don't see this as personal critisism, but getting rid of the "Boomco" and "Halo" texts above the trigger was really the first thing I did prior to giving it a basecoat. :D

so, after seeing that you guys sanded off the logos, I decided to do the same. Even after I put the silver on the pistol. nothing a dremel, painters tape, and some spot painting can't fix. we'll see how it turns out.

You ask and I deliver.

The paint has dried and all I have left it to put the yellow on it to replicate the Reach version.

IMAG0229.jpg IMAG0228.jpg

I have thought about adding weathering to it, though I've never done anything like that before. anyone have any tips on how to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back