Sizing for helmet. 3d print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaperop117

Hello everyone. I'm currently at the dave school in Orlando. We have a 3d printing lab. I would like to print a helmet but I'm not sure about sizing and stuff. The printer capacity is 80cm x 80cm x80cm

Hello everyone. I'm currently at the dave school in Orlando. We have a 3d printing lab. I would like to print a helmet but I'm not sure about sizing and stuff. The printer capacity is 80cm x 80cm x80cm

That's absolutely massive - you'd be able to fit a torso into that print area. If you're still concerned, however, you could split your file up to fit into the work area.

I am on my 6th 3D printed helmet. You Really dont need a big machine to do lids.
Infact If you get crafty you can make a lid with no supports by breaking it up in logical parts .

What one were you thinking of making ?

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I was asking about how to get the proportions of the printed object to fit my head. Like how to do the scaling in a program like modo. I'm thinking of doing my own model of the play arts stormtrooper helmet, or starting with something a little easier like spectre from call of Duty black ops 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back