Props Halo NERF sniper mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Hey-ooooooo! I am back on the scene and this time doing something a little different. At least, different for me anyway. xD

I have NEVER made any prop weapons for myself and some time ago, I acquired this from a friend. :) I know of someone that used this particular model and made it into a quick sniper rifle, but there wasn't too much detail. I want to modify this, but I don't know if there is a certain Halo sniper I should use the files from. Not even sure which Halo version of the sniper rifle this would more closely resemble. :\ Halo Reach? Halo 3? You get the idea. haha

This is intended to be with me at the end of July to go with my ODST suit. I have already took sandpaper to it so I could remove the NERF logos. I even already modified the stand leg things to go forward as I have seen on various Halo snipers. ;) That was a pain to do too. LOL :p

Now I just need to know what to do with the rest of it! I plan on using foam to make the necessary modifications. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.......what version of the sniper I should go with so that it IS a sniper from one of the Halo games and what parts of said sniper will I need so I can add to this, if any. I've never done this before so I'm not really sure where to start. xD

SniperMod.jpg

I think the best look a like is the Halo 3 sniper:
Halo 3 sniper.png
It has the same style handle and butt stock as your Nerf gun. The rail at the top may need a modification to hide the gap, but the rest should be easy.
Here's how the Reach sniper looks:
Halo Reach sniper.png
The handle and butt stock are connected and the stock is much longer, so if you wanted to go with this version you'd have to add something down on the handle. The best Nerf gun for this version though is the CS-6 Longstrike.

I think the best look a like is the Halo 3 sniper:
View attachment 26558
It has the same style handle and butt stock as your Nerf gun. The rail at the top may need a modification to hide the gap, but the rest should be easy.
Here's how the Reach sniper looks:
View attachment 26559
The handle and butt stock are connected and the stock is much longer, so if you wanted to go with this version you'd have to add something down on the handle. The best Nerf gun for this version though is the CS-6 Longstrike.

Well I already figured that I would have to scale the sniper rifle pepakura to get the pieces I need to add to it and modify it. I'm just using this as a base to start with. ;)

This is looking awesome! Can't wait to see your Hayabusa either, that's one of my favorite armor sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back