Undersuits?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturmwulfe

Greetings, 405th forum members.

I want to get in to Halo cosplay, and I have my basic plan set up for my costume. It will be the recruit armor with a few EOD parts, but that's for another time! My main concern at the moment is an undersuit. I've heard some people use wetsuits (expensive!), and I've also heard some people make their own. I am horrible at sewing, so if there's any good substitute, I would be very happy to hear! Thanks in advance :)

if it helps at all, I plan on using compression gear for my undersuit. I have a longsleeve turtleneck black compression top that I obtained from a military surplus store, and black compression pants.

Welcome Sturmwulfe to the 405th. First off, I would advise against a wetsuit.....unless you are going scuba diving.........right suit for the right job. Look in to getting a Lycra or spandex set. Something that is easily found in most sporting goods stores or regular clothing/dept stores like Target or Wal-Mart. They sell full outfits or mix and match that can be used as your undersuit. and if you have never made your own.......don't worry about it. If you can't make it....find someone who already did and buy that.........

Last edited by a moderator:
if it helps at all, I plan on using compression gear for my undersuit. I have a longsleeve turtleneck black compression top that I obtained from a military surplus store, and black compression pants.
Thank you a lot for the reply! I had no idea about compression gear, and it seems pretty legit! I will definitely look in to it. :)

I already saw people using these kind of motocross protection gear as undersuit too but i think its expensive
06a64135d1e88a371931d3354c8ca395.jpg

Attachments

• 06a64135d1e88a371931d3354c8ca395.jpg
    06a64135d1e88a371931d3354c8ca395.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 121
Welcome Sturmwulfe to the 405th. First off, I would advise against a wetsuit.....unless you are going scuba diving.........right suit for the right job. Look in to getting a Lycra or spandex set. Something that is easily found in most sporting goods stores or regular clothing/dept stores like Target or Wal-Mart. They sell full outfits or mix and match that can be used as your undersuit. and if you have never made your own.......don't worry about it. If you can't make it....find someone who already did and buy that.........
Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also use some EVA foam and attach armor like pieces to your under suit. If you look at the back of the under-suit, you often see some type of spine protection.

I like the look of the spine on this one and you can hide the red with a black permanent marker I think
a0e7afb5a9b810e190708acf43ba8eda.jpg

Attachments

• a0e7afb5a9b810e190708acf43ba8eda.jpg
    a0e7afb5a9b810e190708acf43ba8eda.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 124
Looks great......but what's the bottom line on this? How much $$$$?

It is the *Thor Motocross Impact Rig SE. I took a look and it cost 145,95$US

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

And that is only the top.....What about the pants......probably almost the same.....so even before you have begun the armor portion of the build.....you've shelled out $300 or more.........

I have been taking a look at motocross protective gear and even though it's expensive (100-300$ for a shirt/jacket), I think I will go with that.

I personally used this: http://images.biltema.com/PAXToImageService.svc/altimage/xlarge/82-834_xl_1.jpg
It's essencially undershirt and pants meant for motorbikes, cheap, very thin and stretchy, keeps you cool during summer but during winter you don't exacly want to go outside for too long.
Armor pieces such were attached to undersuit with snaps in my case.
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...371_517928441709037_8747894195080430771_o.jpg

Going to post another fellow spartan picture here as referense, she called it "heat out" sold By Cycle gear.
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=25cc7cb6efe86dee83ba866e9bdd7552&oe=57AAF2D1 Huntress Crafts and Cosplay

Or compression gear, it will probably be better since it's my first build.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally used this: http://images.biltema.com/PAXToImageService.svc/altimage/xlarge/82-834_xl_1.jpg
It's essencially undershirt and pants meant for motorbikes, cheap, very thin and stretchy, keeps you cool during summer but during winter you don't exacly want to go outside for too long.
Armor pieces such were attached to undersuit with snaps in my case.

Going to post another fellow spartan picture here as referense, she called it "heat out" sold By Cycle gear.
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=25cc7cb6efe86dee83ba866e9bdd7552&oe=57AAF2D1 Huntress Crafts and Cosplay
Ooooh, I live in Sweden and Biltema is quite close, so maybe that could be an idea!

A compression suit is great for airflow. It will prevent you from overheating and dehydration.
Remember, this is important - you will have a lot of your body covered in armor - pepakura/Foam, it may already be sometimes hot in there.
Depends on you and your body - some people can endure the hot temperatures better, some worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back