First Suit of Armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBananaMC

I am decently new to paper craft, although I have some experience. I can resin and bondo and everything like that, just there is so many files in the archive and I just can't pick one suit. Another question, what type of armour is in the banner at the top of the forum? Thanks!

Welcome to the 405th! If your wondering what set of armor that is, it's the Halo5 Athlon armor variant.

There's plenty of pep files in the archive. Suits from all halo games etc.
I'm using Master Builders pep files for the Mk VI Halo 4/5 master chief armour and it's coming along great (pics are in my build thread)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Any tips? I'm not going for a general character. I plan to just assemble a suit of Mark VI and add a helmet I like.

pick your favorite armor set up pick your favorite helmet and have fun! start with the hand plate they are simple and you can get your feet wet so to speak and a feel on how to fold and glue and see how it turns out. sometimes you have to re make something several times until you have one you are happy with, don't let it discourage you if it is taking a toll take a break from it get back to it later

Any specific glue I should use, or is hot glue fine?

if you are doing pep then I would use either super glue or Elmer's glue with Elmer's glue you get a little more play and it is a bit more forgiving and does not set as quickly, The armor in the Banner belongs to Agent Locke and i think it is called the hunter armor

Personally, I prefer to use Aleene's Tacky Glue. It provides some play but holds after about 5-10 seconds, but it's all about personal preference.

As far as what kind of suit, I'd start with a generic Mark VI from Halo 2 or 3 just because they come with LD files you can use to size yourself with. But then again, I'm crazy and decided to do a suit where a full set of (unfolded) pep still doesn't exist.

there are so may glues out there that work the same and have the same results......I wouldn't use hot glue to attach piece to piece but I would use that to fill any gaps or small holes....it happens......I have used wood glue, Craft glue like Aleene's Tacky Glue, Crazy glue (use the gel one, much better) and contact cement......However, I prefer modeling glue. It stays tacky enough to correct mistakes or make minor adjustments but once it hardens......you might as well cut the piece out and get a new one. Its called Duco Cement. You can get it at any hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back