Reverse Vector Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

IshidaRyusei

Jr Member
I haven't looked into this but do we have any files in the archive with vectored emblems and the like? I can do some vectoring of printable emblems for direct vinyl transfer and I can do some reverse vectors for spray paint templates if none exist in the archives.

I haven't seen any, but that sounds like it would be awesome! You mean like emblems from the game(s) right? I'm sure there are already 405th logo emblems vectored. But being able to quickly make a vinyl of the ingame emblems would be pretty sweet.

I haven't seen any, but that sounds like it would be awesome! You mean like emblems from the game(s) right? I'm sure there are already 405th logo emblems vectored. But being able to quickly make a vinyl of the ingame emblems would be pretty sweet.

Yeah, There's a lot of graphical elements on the armors and such that would be great to have templates or printables for. I can easily make large scale vectors and post them up at 600dpi. Afterwards it's fairly easy to scale up or down in PS or other programs. The reverse templates will be extremely clean graphics as well but the general concept should be fairly self-explanatory. It's easier to cut a clean and clearly defined edge than a pixelated one for spray paint templates. (A sharp blade helps too lol)

This would be so cool! I bet it'd be really easy to do car decals and the like as well...

This would be so cool! I bet it'd be really easy to do car decals and the like as well...

Most likely ^^ The files I'll be making will be exported to a .png format for upload but I'll be seeing if I can export in other formats as well with my program. The idea is to try and create as clean graphics as possible for the group that can be printed on vinyl or paper for use on builds. It's sometimes more difficult to find a clean vector graphic at the necessary sizing than it should be let alone one that will scale and size nicely without the loss of quality.

Obsidian force logo.png

That's an example of something I'm able to make. That was a logo for my boyfriend's facebook page.

Are there any specific logos or emblems and markings that people want made? It helps narrow things down a bit while I start the process of translating to higher res. graphics.

UPDATE:

I found this while looking at some of the different emblems in the Halo Universe.

http://skcrisis.deviantart.com/art/Halo-4-Vector-Emblem-Pack-354159594

Let me know if there's any specific vectors missing in this pack and I'll look into them. In the meanwhile I'll be studying the other markings on the armors to make graphics of.

UPDATE UPDATE:

I downloaded the pack and decompressed. Files are in .psd format and is therefore unable to be opened without the use of Photoshop or GIMP installed. I'll be looking into the quality of these and sizing in my own GIMP program and exporting them to a .png format same as before for ease of use should any of you not have these programs easily available. GIMP is a freeware and can be downloaded from CNET but is nowhere near as good as PS for the sake of interface but it's a good alternative if you can't afford photoshop.

This is a fairly generalized question but what seems to be the most actively used image manipulation program in the community (outside of PhotoShop)? I'm looking at the files that I'll be resizing and exporting before I go into general armour markings (there's actually a fair bit of useful stuff in that pack) and they're designed in a layer based format and are best opened as a .psd or .xml if possible.

EDIT: All images are already set to a 6.9 inch by 6.9 inch scale although the resolution is at 72dpi but that shouldn't have an affect given its already large size in regard to scale.

One of the staff members and I have discussed the possibility of having an archive of templates and such for decals and whatnot - this may well be something we could incorporate into the project. I'll do some asking around.

One of the staff members and I have discussed the possibility of having an archive of templates and such for decals and whatnot - this may well be something we could incorporate into the project. I'll do some asking around.
I'd be happy to assist as well. I have a number of programs and tools at my disposal and time as well.

This is a fairly generalized question but what seems to be the most actively used image manipulation program in the community (outside of PhotoShop)? I'm looking at the files that I'll be resizing and exporting before I go into general armour markings (there's actually a fair bit of useful stuff in that pack) and they're designed in a layer based format and are best opened as a .psd or .xml if possible.

EDIT: All images are already set to a 6.9 inch by 6.9 inch scale although the resolution is at 72dpi but that shouldn't have an affect given its already large size in regard to scale.

Most people I've seen use GIMP.

If you need help with any of these, pm me. I can vectorize the images so that they can be scaled up or down without worrying about resolution. It sounds like these images, being .psd are raster images (in that they're made by pixels therefore resolution makes a big difference) whereas vector images are created using calculations and therefore can be scaled up/ zoomed and remain crisp no matter how big you make it.

Most people I've seen use GIMP.

If you need help with any of these, pm me. I can vectorize the images so that they can be scaled up or down without worrying about resolution. It sounds like these images, being .psd are raster images (in that they're made by pixels therefore resolution makes a big difference) whereas vector images are created using calculations and therefore can be scaled up/ zoomed and remain crisp no matter how big you make it.

Thanks for the offer. Right now I'm converting most of these to .png so I can edit them *cough* trace *cough* in inkscape. The original .psd probably had these as shape objects but when opened in GIMP it sadly doesn't recognize that and auto-rasters the objects instead of leaving them in their vectory goodness. I'd appreciate though if I could get a hand with the backgrounds file as both foregrounds file has plenty to edit as it is. Anything that's missing afterwards I'll be working on creating in inkscape with the help of google images to find references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back