Long time no see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humungotron

Jr Member
Been away for a bit... approx 6 years. Been a bit busy, you see. Moved, new job (with free beer!), new etc etc. Anyway....

I was going to post this in Zombiegrimms thread (here), but decided I didn't want to hijack his extensive work, and as this is semi-complete, decided a separate thread would be better.
Starting with his dragon skull, I started modifying it, as I was originally going to glass and bondo the entire thing, then after cutting out and assembling it 4 times, finally came to the conclusion that it'd be easier if I modified the skull to make it easier to fiberglass. After 3 days of beating my head against my computer desk, I decided that it would be easier to start with a base model and remodel from there.
After 3 more days of beating my head against my desk, I decided that it would be easier to find a different model that would be closer to what I wanted.
Rinse and repeat. I ended up pulling a skull I liked from one of many different mods I'd tried to get a usable base, and began to modify it. Never being one to leave well enough alone, I got a wild hair up my bum, and started modding it more. And more. And more.
What I ended up with, is Alduin's skull, with a fully enclosed jaw, realistic working hinges, and molded in teeth. And a newfound and strange fascination with commas. But I digress.
A pictures worth more than a horrible description, so here. I ended up with this:
front.pngside.pngtop.png

So. after getting this far, I started the unfold. And I now have a newfound appreciation for the people who enjoy this, as it was a new and exciting version of hell for me. To be honest, I probably started and stopped the unfold 6 or 7 times after finding tiny mistakes in my original sketchup file. Its still not complete, but I did complete the lower jaw, and I'll willingly and gladly email the pep file or the obj to anyone who wants to take a stab at it. Just a warning though, its big. Tip of the horns to the nose, its approximately 58 inches. I'm no longer going to be doing the pep thing with it though, as my new plan is to section it after doing some more remodeling (because I love self abuse) and then print it in PLA. Maybe ABS (assuming I get my heated bed installed, as I'm feeling extra lazy) as it'd be easier to do any necessary bodywork on it. At least in my book.

I actually still have a slightly smaller pepped one of these (it's only 36" nose to horn). Hearing you say that you've made 4 of these things is crazy! As your post suggest though, it seems you love this self abuse lol. Good luck man =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back