Noble 6 with canon upgrades build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Shiny Sides

Jr Member
Hey everybody, I'm Lt Shiny Sides and I recently started delving in to Pepakura and more recently using Blender to modify the Mk V Variant Helmet by BMcClain. My was to do a custom armor set, but that is on the back burner for now.

I will be periodically updating this initial post to show progress so that you don't necessarily have to scroll thru to see all the good juicy bits.

The story behind this build is that I believe that Noble 6 didn't die with the Fall of Reach and that he made it off the planet somehow to continue being ONI's black ops agent. I also feel like naming him James because I think that it could have been a neat tie-in that he and John were brothers. James and John. That would explain why they are both so good at what they do. Maybe James was adopted at an early age and they didn't see him in the lineup for the ORION II program. I think it fits.

Armor
Helmet: MJOLNIR Mk V Variant = Pepping now
HD Mk V B 2.jpg
Shoulders: Default
Chest: Default
Forearm: U/GPS
Utility: Default
Knees: FJ/PARA

As I progress I will either add pics of the parts here and links to the given post.

Re: Mk. V [AA/R] Variant Helmet Custom Build

Feels a lot like what if imagine a Spartan/ODST to wear when piloting a Short/Broad/Longsword, liking the design can't wait to see what you'll do with it. :)

Thanks man! I'm personally imagining my what if scenario as Noble 6 didn't actually die and made his way off of Reach and has been out dealing death and scavenging armor parts and crafting them into his own. Since "technically" Spartans never die, its entirely possible that 6 made it off the planet somehow, because there were no UNSC in the area to confirm or deny his actual death.

Since picking up Reach again, the super special edition with Halsey's notebook and stuff (at walmart no less!), I've kind of attached myself to Noble 6, character and all. I feel like he was a character that could have gone really far in the Halo series if he wasn't designed to die. With that in mind, I'm building my armor as if he's still alive in Halo 5, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right moment...

Alrighty, so I added some color to the model and tweaked it a heck of a lot more than what it was last time, tho unfortunately you can't see most of the fruits of my labors in the picture. I went with a red color scheme w/ a charcoal grey visor, and did a few color touches here and there just to try and add a little pizazz. I also learned a couple things along the way, Chernobyl saved me from being an idiot and doing it the very very hard way.

Tomorrow or the next day I will be slowly assembling it very slowly as the last couple attempts at some of the smaller pieces on the original Variant helmet turned out disastrous.

Mk V [AA_R] Variant.png

So I don't have much to update right now, been doing the whole hunter/gatherer bit recently. Looking for all the right armor pieces in a good quality is not entirely easy, especially when you search for a very particular piece and neither the forum search nor google can find it, and yet you find it in the Archives just sitting there waiting for you to come download it. Grrr...

Later on I'll post some new things I got to aide my armor build and I'll spill the beans on my overall armor design. For now, just think on the key word "integration"... =D

So I got some fun new stuff yesterday!

First up I got a couple Mega Blocks characters, got lucky with both being purple. Really cool little guys!
20160517_210121.jpg

Next thing I found was this awesome Halo (5?) themed lunch box thats supposed to look an ammo can with a little bag inside that keeps things cool. It's funny, that little bag looks pretty similar to the heater bag in real M.R.E.'s, I thought they had actually included one in there as a gimmick.
20160516_181559.jpg

Finally, the real reason why I was at that mall to begin with, I got myself a pair of the BoomCo dart guns, a Plasma Pistol and a Magnum. I plan to eventually modify them, but for now they're great to play with my son. I may do like CommanderPalmer and paint a special skin on them too, we'll see what comes up..
20160517_210009.jpg

I made an attempt at unfolding a modified version of my helmet almost completely done day before yesterday, but I never finished because I had overlooked a lot of flaws when I was finishing up that version of the 3d model, so I'm a little set back on making that. I'm going to be playing around in Halo 4 tonight, messing with the armor between games to see if theres anything that sticks out to me that I want to add in. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll have a helmet done and a good unfolded preview for you guys. Then I'm going to start working on the TACPAD customization to fit my current phone and another idea I had that I've forgotten and I hope I remember.

Til next time!

Hey guys, I'm back with a little update. Did some more hunter/gatherer business, this forum has a wealth of files in the File Archives that I've never seen on another forum anywhere. Whilst looking at my spoils I started looking at the Data Module that AshaZev made, but I quickly got turned off from it because it was intended for foam slices. I started trying to merge the slices together in Blender, but I just couldn't get my eyes to focus so I went looking for another one and found a 3D printable model on Thingiverse.com by a user named TimSnowman. I took his file and pieced it together and trimmed it down.

Sadly mine is extremely LoDef compared to his, but I think its a decent model for Pepakura use. It is very basic looking, but its easily modifiable and the files are attached. If you make it or modify it, let me know how it went. Heres a preview of it in Pepakura unfolded. Tomorrow I should be able to have it made, and then after that I will be modifying the file again to be a cell phone case for my Galaxy S5, which currently the Data Module is about the same size.

Data Module.png

Attachments

• Data Module by lLtShinySidesl.zip
    173.5 KB · Views: 293

So I had every intention of posting up pics of the data module and of some potential progress on my helmet. Obviously that didn't happen cause I got sidetracked (partially by job hunting) by modifying the helmet yet again and then trying to run it through Pepakura and finding flaws, fixing flaws, finding more flaws... that took forever because I usually couldn't see the flaws until I was mostly done with the unfolding each time so I had to redo it all over again. And then I learned the "joys" of unfolding and mapping flaps and positioning parts on a page, god that took too long..

But there is hope! I got it fixed up and where it needs to be for printing, which I'm doing right after this so that I can work on it over the weekend. Enough babbling, here's the preview!

AIR_RECON_PDO_SCREENSHOT.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see that it says H420mm x W381mm x D510mm with 99 parts. This is not an exaggeration in the slightest, I am using it as a draft to fit over an Icon helmet for a project. It may end up being too goofy looking, but we'll cross that road when we get there. I hope you guys like how it looks. Let me know what you guys think so far, please!!

I think it's way too big, unless you want to look like a bobblehead.

It could turn out too big, but if it is, I'll just trim it back as I graft it to the motorcycle helmet. Or I'll just make another. It's all fun and games, and I want to see what it looks likefully made so I can gauge how it looks on the helmet.

Re: MJOLNIR Air Recon build

Ok, so I wish someone had told me that smaller pep's are a total pain in the.. posterior. I thought was going to knock out the data module in a night. That was a laughable idea now that I realize how difficult these little folds can be, especially when you accidentally tell Pep to invert when it shouldn't be. And when your cat tries to sabotage your work in your sleep. On a brighter note, I recently got a job so I may or may not be working on this as much as I thought. It is what it is. Heres a few preview pics of my progress on the data module so far. I'm not sure that I'll finish it simply for the fact that its a self enclosed pep, and a small one at that...

20160522_235803.jpg
20160522_235817.jpg

20160522_235826.jpg

If the folds look subpar, I won't give an excuse, just a that my hands are big and I tend to goof up =/

Not to worry, there are ways around the dreaded disease called 'Ham Hands".........large handled tiny tools......no seriously......I find the when peping tiny sections, its better to score them while still on the page and then cut them out.....this way you don't have to try and hold a tiny 1/16th piece of paper and score along the side of it...... once they are free of the paper, folding is easy no matter what the size.

What do you usually use to score it with? I read on one site of a person using a safety pin, but that kinda goes back to the ogre hands issue..

I'm thinking about doing the color coded folds, tho that wasn't my issue this time around. Pepakura actually has a feature to color your folds differently, I don't know how many people actually use it tho

So something I want to discuss is the chest armor used in the Halo series.

I really like all of the Bungie designed armor because I feel like their entire goal was to make tactically efficient armor that you would imagine to be actually used in various combat roles.

Sadly, Bungie said no more and MS brought in 343i to continue the saga, which I feel was a terrible move. There is almost no usefulness to any of the armor that 343i created in H4 and I'm 100% certain all of the characters in H5 are styled after Gundam or something similar.

I'm not going to be using pretty much anything from the games after Reach except maybe little bits like boots and things. I feel like everything about a Spartan should be tactical in nature and should provide either protection or some sort of advantage or leverage overy the enemy in some form.

Story time!

Noble 6, after willingly staying behind on Reach to help give Autumn a chance, started scavenging armor and modifying it to his own needs. Due to these endeavours, SPARTAN-B312 has a very unique but highly effective set of armor that ONI is still unable to replicate. His chest piece, emblazoned with the NOBLE Team crest, is a modified piece of Hunter armor and is rumored to withstand direct hits from a Scorpion tank without harm to the wearer. The pauldrons, or shoulder pieces, appear to be a hybrid of Hunter and MJOLNIR armor styles fashioned from what appears to be fragments of Scarab hull. Thigh armor is also a hybrid, Elite and MJOLNIR, and are highly effective, with the right thigh containing a built in M6H holster.

Because 6 was left behind without the ability to communicate to any UNSC or ONI personnel, it is unclear as to how he made it off the planet, though it is believed that he managed to stow away aboard a Phantom until getting a safe distance away.

Due to the nature and history of Noble 6, who has chosen to honor his fallen team by retaining the team name and crest, is still listed as MIA for all official purposes and is retained for ONI Covert Spec Ops detail. Noble 6 is still nothing more than a ghost, the hyper-lethal vector that was chosen by Cortana herself.

[Story/]

Here are some reference pics I snapped earlier while goofing off in Hunter Mayhem in Firefight. I am considering adding small spikes to the shoulder and back, mimicking the Hunter armor, but I feel that may be tack as well as inaccurate. If I read correctly, the Hunters only gain the spikes after they split into a pair. Opinions?

20160526_001138.jpg
20160526_001056.jpg
20160526_001125.jpg
20160526_001222.jpg
20160526_001234.jpg
20160526_001245.jpg

Well, I am very very happy 343i took over. Love it.

Also, are you aware that Noble 6 aka Spartan B312 fell together with Reach, right?
I mean, even after Reach fell and was glassed - John-117 came back to Reach and recovered many alive Spartans and Halsey? There were many Spartans that survived Fall of Reach and glassing and all that?

It might be a nice idea for a Hunter chest, but I hope you're aware Hunters are a lot bigger than Spartans, so is their chest armor - Spartan could fit whole through that chest armor and hardly he could wear chest thing that is bigger than themselves, while the spikes are almost same length as a Spartan.

Just for scale:

maxresdefault.jpg

I know how he got off the planet!!!!!! Space Sea Turtles!!!!..........no?.........As far as the armor goes.......I think it is an occurrence that does happen in war time. If your weapon is out of ammo....you pick up the next weapon you find even if it's the enemies. Same thing w/ armor.....Like Lt Shiny Sides said, the armor is modified......No reason a part of the actual hunter armor couldn't be "cut to size" especially since it's so big. Plenty to take from. From the picture you posted
CommanderPalmer, you will always be Mara, it could even come from the Hunter's thigh or shin.......Just because he is using Hunter armor doesn't mean the chest piece.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know how he got off the planet!!!!!! Space Sea Turtles!!!!..........no?.........As far as the armor goes.......I think it is an occurrence that does happen in war time. If your weapon is out of ammo....you pick up the next weapon you find even if it's the enemies. Same thing w/ armor.....Like Lt Shiny Sides said, the armor is modified......No reason a part of the actual hunter armor couldn't be "cut to size" especially since it's so big. Plenty to take from. From the picture you posted
CommanderPalmer, you will always be Mara, it could even come from the Hunter's thigh or shin.......Just because he is using Hunter armor doesn't mean the chest piece.

Aye! Space Sea Turtles! Lashed together. With human hair. From his back! Hahaha..

The story I presented is just something I dreamed up. Bungie never actually closed B312's story, according to Halo wiki and Halopedia.

I don't really know when John-117 would have had the time to go back and recover anyone from Reach, considering the minute the other half of Cortana got on board the Pillar of Autumn went into slipspace and thus begins H:CE and the 8 year saga culminating in Cortana going buggy after killing the Didact.

Another thing to question is this: how did anyone survive on a glassed planet? There is literally no vegetation, no water, one can reasonably assume that the environment would go to chaotic **** because glassing it would reshape the planet and possibly do other things to it.

I'm not saying it's impossible that John-117 confirmed B312's death and rescued others, he's done much more incredulous things that. It just seems highly improbable.

And Dirtdives is correct, I don't need to use the original Hunter equipment in order to make things likened to it, from it. It's technically Sangheli armor anyway, just purposed for the big worm guys from the get go.

Later after doing some dirty work I'm going to start working on it in Blender and should have the design up by tonight! Then I'll (hopefully) finish cutting out the helmet pieces. I didn't do print preview, and it turns out some of the pieces weren't quite all the way on the page =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back