Noble 6 with canon upgrades build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MJOLNIR Air Recon build

Aye! Space Sea Turtles! Lashed together. With human hair. From his back! Hahaha..

The story I presented is just something I dreamed up. Bungie never actually closed B312's story, according to Halo wiki and Halopedia.

I don't really know when John-117 would have had the time to go back and recover anyone from Reach, considering the minute the other half of Cortana got on board the Pillar of Autumn went into slipspace and thus begins H:CE and the 8 year saga culminating in Cortana going buggy after killing the Didact.

Another thing to question is this: how did anyone survive on a glassed planet? There is literally no vegetation, no water, one can reasonably assume that the environment would go to chaotic **** because glassing it would reshape the planet and possibly do other things to it.

I'm not saying it's impossible that John-117 confirmed B312's death and rescued others, he's done much more incredulous things that. It just seems highly improbable.

And Dirtdives is correct, I don't need to use the original Hunter equipment in order to make things likened to it, from it. It's technically Sangheli armor anyway, just purposed for the big worm guys from the get go.

Later after doing some dirty work I'm going to start working on it in Blender and should have the design up by tonight! Then I'll (hopefully) finish cutting out the helmet pieces. I didn't do print preview, and it turns out some of the pieces weren't quite all the way on the page =/

If You read Halo : First strike (like I am at the moment). it starts of with chief in the longsword at the end of CE. Eventually a covi fleet rocks up and the usual si-fi stuff happens (heroes make plan, explosions, you know how it goes) A pelican holding Sg Johnson and a few marines regroups withe chief and cortana and they capture the fleet's flagship. The team the decide to head back to reach due to the cole protocol dictating that no captured covi ship can't enter human space (due to technical reasons) so they try to find a ship that they can still fly (master chief actually wants to find out if blue team is alive or not because he sent them down there on a mission during the fall of reach) when they arrive at the planet they discover that the covies missed a spot and it must have some significance the team head down and finds blue team( Fred-104, kelly-087, William-43, doctor Halsey and admiral Whitcomb alive in the patch of reach the covies missed.

Cool concept by the way! Im looking forward to it!

Actually it's not just a spot they missed, They glassed the northern and southern hemispheres but left a band of the central area untouched. Almost like a 3 layered cake. It is very possible that life could still exist in that area......very limited but still, after a while, nature will return the planet to a "Raw" form. Any humans still in that band, could still be alive..........and still survive there. The one thing that I don't recall is what effect glassing had on the oceans......the rivers and lakes were mentioned but not the oceans......if that were the case, life could still continue.

And just to elaborate on what Chiefwannabe
said, the survivors in the Pelican that the Chief found were Sg Johnson, a Lieutenant of the ONI, 1 ODST, and a pilot, I could look up their names but I'm at work and I have to get back to it.

Chief & Co head down and find Blue Team( Fred-104, Kelly-087, William-43, Doctor Halsey and Admiral Whitcomb alive in the patch of Reach the Covies missed.(Greatly paraphrased by Lt Shiny Sides)

Well that's just fabulous. With that particular angle I could just say that Noble 6's presence there was stricken from the record, as he's always been a good ghost operative. I'm still really liking Dirtdives Intergalactic Space Turtles Theory though.. I need to find a way to develope that angle.. space turtles..

Cool concept by the way! I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It's nice knowing someone is following along with my build, despite it being a little slow going.

Speaking of slow going, I didn't quite realize how much of a chore converting Noble 6's default chest piece into a Hunter-esque piece. It's a lot of work! The helmet was a labor of love, exciting, but this thing is just a monster!
HUNTER.jpg

I'm making good progress considering I didn't start on it until 1 AM last night. Worked til 5 AM, slept, hopped back on it at about 2 PM ish for an hour. I've been getting bogged down by running around doing this to get ready for my new job and then my father in law wanted to go look at more motorcycles, Harleys in particular since that's thing. Keeps trying to get me to get one.. So needless to say every time I try to work on something armor related I get sidetracked.

If you have ANY critiques of bits of advice in designing the chest piece, maybe move a section higher or shape it different or even just that it looks like gopher turds, feel free to say something!

AND DON'T YOU TRY TO DISCOURAGE MY INTERGALACTIC SPACE TURTLES THEORY! THEY HAVE CONFIDENCE ISSUES AS IT IS! :D

Noble 6 was pulled into a nebula previously thought to be completely uninhabited by any type of creature. Whilst floating through the nebula he stumbled upon a civilisation of incredibly smart intergalactic space turtles who communicate through ESP. He was able to talk them into returning him where he needed to be. Ohh and their shells are equipped with giant thrusters. That's how they get around. Hahaha.

On a more serious note, the model looks good so far. Can't wait to see what you do to it.

Noble 6 was pulled into a nebula previously thought to be completely uninhabited by any type of creature. Whilst floating through the nebula he stumbled upon a civilisation of incredibly smart intergalactic space turtles who communicate through ESP. He was able to talk them into returning him where he needed to be. Ohh and their shells are equipped with giant thrusters. That's how they get around. Hahaha.

I like your line of thinking! I'm envisioning a Blastoise-like setup, but with maybe an Iron Man like output? Yeah, there we go! Hahaha...

On a more serious note, the model looks good so far. Can't wait to see what you do to it.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm at a bit of an impasse(sp?) right now, as I've shaped a good portion of the Chest/Back armor the way I want, but I just can't get this one section to look right. I'm not sure that I really know how I want to look because I know that I can't quite do the Hunter look all the way because that requires the chest sticking out there like a bird chest and that just ain't happenin! Well.. maybe. We'll see I suppose. It's not up to my desired standards all around, like I have the general shapes and everything its just a great big pain in the d*** to make this little angles that I'm not sure will even be worth it in the end on a Pep model. Here's the previews...

Hunter progress.jpg
Hunter progress 3.jpg
Hunter progress 2.jpg

That part right in the middle front of the chest where its slanted in, I just don't know what to do there. I may take it back to a smoother version there and just add ammo pouches and a tactical knife. Noble 6 is supposed to be the most sneaky tactical mofo out there...

I also decided on what to do with the lower to mid back area, somewhat anyway. I want to make an adaptation of the Didact spine protector running from the top of the bum to the shoulder blades where 6 carried the weird bank tube thing with Cortana inside. Seriously tho, didn't that thing look like the round tube thing you use at the bank? Ya can't tell me it didn't. "Uh, yeah, uh, I'd like to deposit Cortana and get $200 cash back please?", "Ok sir, what account do you want to put Cortana in today?" Anyways...!

didact spine ref.jpg

If you have any suggestions when it comes to the chest piece right there in the middle front, please let me know. I really need some help in that area and its frustrating the crap out of me. Thankfully I'm not at the stage to make it yet, but still, I'd like to have it done. After I get that done I will probably dive head long into cutting out the rest of the helmet and assembling it. I may have a DOT helmet to match it up to by the end of the week too!

Apparently no one has any words of advice..

I would have helmet progress to show, as I finally finished cutting the pieces out, and Mara was right with saying bobble head as that's what the pieces are making me imagine, but I accidentally dropped my exacto blade on my toe and I think that's a good time to call it quits. Lol

Re: Noble 6 with upgrades build

A little update so I don't start collecting dust..

I've been slowly working on the Mk V helmet over the last week or so. It's been slower because I'm working again, but I'm making progress. The little bits like the breather filter inlets and the indentations on the side of the cheeks are taking a toll on my and it's frustrating. I'll post up some pics tonight when I get home. I decided to start at the chin and move up and back so it's a slow progression. Again, there'll be pics tonight so you guys don't think I'm all digital and no physical progress!

As promised, here are some progress pics. I apologize for the quality, my phone has lived a hard life and I still have around 9 months til I can get another one.

It's turning out better than I expected, but I'm still unhappy with the quality. The little bits in the breather and the weird cheek indentions are such a pain, but I think they just need to be broken into smaller pieces to fit better.

Enough yammerin', progress pics!
20160614_233412.jpg
20160614_233404.jpg
20160614_233350.jpg
20160614_233345.jpg

Leave a comment, even if it's a crappy one!

looking nice, keep up the work.

Thanks Money!

OK so I've made a little progress, but I need some help or maybe just reassurance that this part will fix itself as I continue adding parts.
20160617_221711.jpg
20160617_221718.jpg

You can see that that portion, the little side vent thingy at the cheek, is refusing to stay up in the normal position and I don't know what to do to fix it. It's warping the visor, as you can see.

20160617_221726.jpg
Here's one more pic showing overall. There are a couple pieces on each side that stretch towards the rear of the helmet, they're just not pictured.

It's getting there, I'm just worried! Someone halp!

I've thought about doing the popsicle trick before, but I really don't know . I may try to add that today during nap time or tonight, but I'll have to sit there and really think about where to put it at to get the right shape.

Thanks for the advice Money!

Doing some research(read=goofing off in Theater Mode) and I came to the conclusion that I absolutely can't stand having these ogre hands as they simply cannot make the little 1mm or 2mm folds line up perfectly to be able to accurately make BMcCains' model of the Mk V B. More importantly I came to the conclusion that his model is horribly inaccurate and it bothers me greatly.With that being the case, I am taking a one of the Reach Assets so graciously provided and maintained by Chernobyl and simply cutting down how many faces are on the model. I have plenty of reference pics, all from in-game so I'm not worried about accuracies. I should have the 3d model cranked out in the next day and then I will begin again. This is becoming tiresome tho...

Side note, I found what I feel is an easter egg of sorts. Not sure exactly what it is, but I think it could be the NOBLE Team emblem above a crosshair symbol but I could be wrong. It is very faint, but you can see that something is there. Anyone care to take a gander?
20160618_154910.jpg

Side note, I found what I feel is an easter egg of sorts. Not sure exactly what it is, but I think it could be the NOBLE Team emblem above a crosshair symbol but I could be wrong. It is very faint, but you can see that something is there. Anyone care to take a gander?

if you're referring to that pattern in the middle of the shot, that's a result of the texture being mirrored. Most of the time, components of the player model are symmetrical in one way or another, and rather than paint either half differently, the texture is simply mirrored onto the other side.

I understand that some of the skin on the helmet is mirrored, you can quite easily tell by looking at both sides and you can see that is very clearly fact. But I don't think that it is coincidence that there is something of a watermark, so to speak, on the back of the Mk V B helmet, worn only by Thom and B312. I still hold to the idea that it is a very faint ghosted in NOBLE team emblem minus the triangle background.
Noblelogo.jpg

Obviously I could be wrong, but there's a lot of detail in these games and a whole lot of these details are purposely placed there by Bungie. I don't think this is just a coincidental smudge in the skin on that portion of the helmet.

Edit: Heck, if you look at the back of the helmet, there's a freaking barcode on it!

I finished the model yesterday or Saturday, can't remember, but I just now finished unfolding it and that took around 3 hours or so. I need to study for a class quiz tomorrow so I shall continue another time. Sadly, unfolding is a much smaller part than figuring out which flaps go where and then how to position well on the pages. I hate that part, but I'd like to be able to have Chernobyl put it in the File Archive when I'm done, tho that may be after a small update to the file. I attempted to make the little slots in the top of the helmet and for some reason Pepakura doesn't like it, so I ended up editing it a lot in Pep to make the ugly go away. I already have a fixed 3d model, I just don't feel like doing all the unfold and flap work again.

Preview pic!
HD Mk V B.jpg

Edit: I said screw it and just went ahead and started unfolding the improved model, but not before coloring it in as best as I could to in-game colors. Visor color I went with black, but only because there's no hex code for the default color. I may have that knocked out by COB Thursday.

New update, I finally finished unfolding and putting tabs on the helmet and putting the parts on the sheets. It's colored as appropriately as I could get it without digging a long time for exact color codes, I think it looks pretty good tho it may be a bit too dark. Only time will tell. I think it will do well for me in the end and to be honest if I don't get this one to work out for me, aside from scaling issues maybe, I'm probably going to give up for a while. Enough yammering, heres the preview pic before I go print it out.

HD Mk V B 2.jpg

I've got a question for everyone, hopefully people see this.. For those Spartans who have needs for glasses, what do you do? I'm pretty sure I sized my helmet right and it doesn't leave room for the arms of the frame at all. What do you do?

Possibly. I tried them about ten years ago, I was 17 or 18, and I just couldn't get them on my eye at all. I have smaller eyes which makes it difficult. I'm gonna try again soon tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back