Doom marine build 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS WILL BE FINISHED BEFORE school starts back up I'm converting a rundown freight container to my personal workshop with a bench and a wire wall rack :)

Cant wait to see how this turns out. The second I saw the doom marine I thought "I can totally make a cosplay out of that." I had already started my master chief build, though, so I'm eager to see how someone else does it. Good luck.

more reference photos

Attachments

• Screenshot-Original.png2.png
    Screenshot-Original.png2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 7,036
  • Screenshot-Original.png89.png
    Screenshot-Original.png89.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,238
  • 123456.png
    123456.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,194
  • Screenshot-Original.png56.png
    Screenshot-Original.png56.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,969
  • .1.png
    .1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7,364
  • 1234.png
    1234.png
    2 MB · Views: 3,381
  • Screenshot-Original.png45.png
    Screenshot-Original.png45.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,187
  • Screenshot-Original.png.1.png
    Screenshot-Original.png.1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 8,704
  • Screenshot-Original.png14.png
    Screenshot-Original.png14.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,198
  • Screenshot-Original.png3.png
    Screenshot-Original.png3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,297
BFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot-Original.png344521.png
    Screenshot-Original.png344521.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 700
  • Screenshot-Original.png123456789.png
    Screenshot-Original.png123456789.png
    2 MB · Views: 714
  • Screenshot-Original.png789.png
    Screenshot-Original.png789.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 796
  • Screenshot-Original.png694.png
    Screenshot-Original.png694.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 739
  • Screenshot-Original.png692.png
    Screenshot-Original.png692.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 857
  • Screenshot-Original.png258.png
    Screenshot-Original.png258.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 710
  • Screenshot-Original.png254.png
    Screenshot-Original.png254.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 833
  • Screenshot-Original.png235.png
    Screenshot-Original.png235.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 697
  • Screenshot-Original.png214.png
    Screenshot-Original.png214.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 688
  • Screenshot-Original.png213.png
    Screenshot-Original.png213.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 658
How could I access the source file

First of all: please don't double-post. The 'edit' function exists to go back and alter a post if you're unhappy with it instead of entering another.
Secondly: you don't. We don't openly discuss model ripping on the 405th at all.
Thirdly: this model needs a lot of cleaning up before I'd call it fit for use. It weighs in at over 50Mb, which is too large for me to upload to the Archive or a forum post, so you may need to be patient while I chop it up and remove some of the extra details.

You are awesome

Yes, I am.

My screenshots should be of good use then

Why would they be? I have the raw model, I just need to slice it up so it's easier to work on.

I'm providing the helmet file for you now - it's had the triangles and delicate detailing removed to make it easier, but it'll still be a complex build for Pepakura. Check the attachments of this post.

Attachments

• Praetor Helmet.zip
    256.8 KB · Views: 1,293
Please stop asking me for my files I will not share them as previously stated and any PM's asking anyway will just get you added to my Ignore List if your lucky. You will have to wait for Cherry to release her game rips so someone else can unfold them.

There's no need to be rude and make threats - if you have an issue with a member please take it to PMs and keep it civil.

I'll be releasing the raw rip in a day or so, no need for any panties getting bunched up. So, please: for all concerned, play nice.

Hey all. Attached is the first version of the unfolded Praetor Helmet using Chernobyl's model. This is my first upload to the public so let me know what you think. Enjoy

View attachment 27682

Nice unfold, although thats a pretty intense project (for myself) to undertake by pepakura lol. Still great job on unfolding it! I know somebody will have the patience and time to attempt this. Definetly watching this thread.

Nice unfold, although thats a pretty intense project (for myself) to undertake by pepakura lol. Still great job on unfolding it! I know somebody will have the patience and time to attempt this. Definetly watching this thread.

Thanks for the feedback. Im half way through the build at the moment. Il post up some pictures as soon as it resembles something Doom worthy

Here is the chest plate.

NK2ebZK.png
V5AZ3P8.png
Got bored, grabbed a trial of 3ds Max. Since I only have the free version of Designer, I was only able to make pre-scaled PDFs of the file. :(

This is also my first unfolding, so it's a little rough.

10" wide (fits me, 5'7") - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qrndcnz60z7oii/DoomguyChestFiveFootEight.pdf?dl=1
12" wide - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqd3yi90n234a19/DoomguyChestSixFootTall.pdf?dl=1

Edit - Since this was a very easy piece, I did it first. I'm currently going through the rest of the suit. Some parts of the suit blend a LOT between soft armor and hard armor, so I've been sorting through and trying to separate the parts. If people are interested, I can post the rest as I finish the suit.

Hey all. Attached is the first version of the unfolded Praetor Helmet using Chernobyl's model. This is my first upload to the public so let me know what you think. Enjoy

View attachment 27682

this looks super detailed, I'll start building this out tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I will say I like the way you laid this out. I had to move a couple things around so they wouldn't be cut off by the printer. however they way you labeling everything was super helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back