Halo Recon Chest Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDeadlock

Hey all!
I need some helpz.
I have been making the recon chest for my armor.
IMG_0655.JPG
(Also have the thighs and left calve done)
The problem I'm having though is that the upper center of the chest is starting to sink.
Has anyone come across this problem and how do I fix it?
Thanks!

You could do a number of things. Personally, I would recommend supporting it up with some sturdy cardboard, though I've seen people use wooden popsicle sticks as well - anything to shore the area up and ensure it won't buckle is good.

Thanks. Would you use hot glue or super glue? I would think super glue since it doesn't really bend, but then again I've never built armor before.

Thanks. Would you use hot glue or super glue? I would think super glue since it doesn't really bend, but then again I've never built armor before.

Personally, I'd use hot glue - probably cold-melt as opposed to hot-melt, in case the heat damages your foam, but I'm not a decent judge for that since I've never worked with foam.

Personally, I'd use hot glue - probably cold-melt as opposed to hot-melt, in case the heat damages your foam, but I'm not a decent judge for that since I've never worked with foam.

High temp hot glue is the way to go! It gives a very strong bond (semi-melts the foam together), but does not melt the foam to the point of distorting it. For thin (2mm) craft foam, though, contact cement is the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back