AtomicDeadlock Halo 4 Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDeadlock

Been meaning to create a site to post my progress for 7 months now (Whoops!)
Feel free to make suggestions and other stuff! All help helps!
Heres my list:
Recon chest - Sanding and Spakling
Shoulders - Sanding and Spakling
Recruit Thighs - Painting
Recruit Calves - Building
Recruit Boots - Building
Achilles - Building
Also need to make straps
Here's a picture of what I have so far without the legs.
image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why the picture is rotated. :behave

Those times where you buy an expensive exacto knife cuz you have arthritis and then can't find it...#story of my life

Posting pictures soon!

Hi All!
Here are pictures of the boot and leg.
More concerned about the boot though. Should I have raised the heal a bit?
IMG_0660.JPGIMG_0659.JPG
(That is Halo is the background :))

You got some pretty clean foam work going on here! Everything looks good so far! Boot looks fine as is, by the way. Will get the helmet render without the plume to you soon. Maybe tonight, or tomorrow night for sure.:) Also, almost forgot I have one critique. The stomach/crotch area is clashing with the rest of the awesomeness of your foam work. I'm sure that you may be planning to tweak it some more to get it to look right. Don't take it the wrong way, I just want to see the best in every build.:cool

You got some pretty clean foam work going on here! Everything looks good so far! Boot looks fine as is, by the way. Will get the helmet render without the plume to you soon. Maybe tonight, or tomorrow night for sure.:) Also, almost forgot I have one critique. The stomach/crotch area is clashing with the rest of the awesomeness of your foam work. I'm sure that you may be planning to tweak it some more to get it to look right. Don't take it the wrong way, I just want to see the best in every build.:cool

Thanks for the helmet!
As for the chest, I completely agree. I tries to model them off of the work done by Impact Props but I don't like it. I also bought compression shirt and pants instead of a wetsuit or morphsuit so I've kinda done myself in. Anyone wanna trade? lol

o.PNG
(picture of impact props' chest)

Would you happen to know where the pep file is for the crotch? I know CommanderPalmer posted the spine and shoulders.

I think I'm going to redo the entire mid section and back.I hope I can reuse the foam. I'll have wasted a lot for of foam for nothing. O.O
Stinks cuz I was hoping to get it done before I go back to college but it's better I do it now.

I have the cod and spine files but does anyone have shoulder pads and hip files I could use?

Its not for nothing. You've gained experience in using foam....just like Edison, he learned 100 ways how not to make a light-bulb before he got it. You should be able to get your armor done the way you want in under 100 tries right?

Its not for nothing. You've gained experience in using foam....just like Edison, he learned 100 ways how not to make a light-bulb before he got it. You should be able to get your armor done the way you want in under 100 tries right?

Haha. Very, very true. I can't wait to see it completed, but I'm also a very strong perfectionist so it gonna take longer than I thought. Luckily, I get to watch a whole lot of Netflix while I work.

Haha. Very, very true. I can't wait to see it completed, but I'm also a very strong perfectionist so it gonna take longer than I thought. Luckily, I get to watch a whole lot of Netflix while I work.

We are our own worst critique. Just build it......and let it take as long as necessary. You're doing great. And I agree w/ Lt Shiny Sides, A bit of a heel on Fri and Sat looks good at the clubs.......

Last edited by a moderator:
We are our own worst critique. Just build it......and let it take as long as necessary. You're doing great. And I agree w/ Lt Shiny Sides, A bit of a heel on Fri and Sat looks good at the clubs.......

I'll be all up in the club when its done breaking dancing in my armor. :lol

Armor will be on hold for the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope everything is ok on your end. Take care of your family first and foremost.

Well... Like a moron, I ruined my chest piece today. I was moving too fast while trying to find my knife. Decided to pull stuff out of the top of my closet to check up there (armor storage area). I accidentally knocked the armor off a coat hanger, trip over it, and dropped a crate on it. :(

I had already decided to redo the thighs since I've skinnied out a bit but now I have to redo the chest too.

IMG_0664.JPG

Today must be my lucky day...
Would someone mind doing the sizing for a chest piece for me? My brain hurts now and I'm gonna take a long nap. :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back