AtomicDeadlock Halo 4 Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just redo the chest piece? You had it looking nice before, I'm sure you could easily do that again

Yeah. That's what I ended up deciding to do except I found a better file that had stuff I previously freehanded, along with a foam backing to cover the hollow areas.
Was trying to find a quicker chest piece to do since I took so long on the last one.

arcatomic2016_zpsutw4yjjo.png

As requested. Hope this works for u?

Attachments

• arcatomic2016_zpsutw4yjjo.png
    arcatomic2016_zpsutw4yjjo.png
    568.1 KB · Views: 175
I feel like I'm only cutting out 2 foam pieces per hour and am not getting much done. Am I going to slow?

There's no such thing as too slow. Everyone has their own build speed, and beginners will definitely be slower at first. Take your time. Pay attention to the details. It will be worth it in the end. Quality over quantity i say.

don't be fooled by the tutorials videos either. Those guys have tons on EXP and the videos themselves are sped up so it gives you the feeling that you should move that fast as well.......Think "Marathon".....not "Sprint".

Got a bunch of pieces done for the chest and I'm actually surprised that the mess isn't so bad. XD
IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0668.JPG

Can actually make it to my bed without moving stuff. lol

Since my last chest piece's center started to sink, I believe I have come up with a great solution! I found a new chest pep file that has a backing on it so the armor isn't open and the interior can't be seen. So... this time I will attempt to fill it expanding foam. Although, the trick is to find foam that won't expand too much in order for me to gradually fill it evenly. :)
I possibly could even cut away the backing on the armor so the foam can be seen, much like in Halo 4 when the Chief's armor is being removed.

chief armor.PNG

Hopefully I will have enough time to complete the chest and let you all know how it turns out. This will be some very tricky stuff...:behave

"Great Stuff" has 3 different grades of expandable foam, 1x, 2x,3x. Regardless of which one you use, I suggest the lowest and do it in layers. Otherwise you could end up blowing out your build. Someone peped an M5 rifle and used the expandable foam inside it........it looked like a balloon after.......it just kept swelling the sides.

"Great Stuff" has 3 different grades of expandable foam, 1x, 2x,3x. Regardless of which one you use, I suggest the lowest and do it in layers. Otherwise you could end up blowing out your build. Someone peped an M5 rifle and used the expandable foam inside it........it looked like a balloon after.......it just kept swelling the sides.

I agree. Don't need to look fatter than I already am. ;) haha. Just need something stiffer in there than old clothes or newspaper or whatever.

Well, weight not withstanding, for you armor, you could always use furniture foam on the inside.Just cut to size and then you glue it to the interior.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back