Mark VI multiplayer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
fiberglass in, next step resin again. i did end up using spray adhesive. so thanks guys and gals. 13327551_10154164398582660_8946601471077167930_n.jpg

13346747_10154164485297660_1694117436579156880_n.jpgfinally. so not trying to reinvent the wheel, but has anyone ever used Evercoat instead of Bondo? I have read its better then Bondo. apply smoother and less sanding etc etc.

I'm sure many people use Evercoat on here, I do, but I call it bondo because it's easier. They are both body fillers and there are others out there, but bondo has become the term people use when talking about body fillers. Kinda like facial tissues vs Kleenex.

As far as Evercoat, I haven't noticed a huge difference, but I do like it. Bondo brand is also easy to get and cheap at $6/quart. Quart should last you at least two helmets, maybe three.

I would use spray adheasive rather that dipping, we have tried dipping and it always seems to get messy. Bondo i think is a bit cheaper to use, i have never used evercoat. it looks great. and its always awesome when you get the whole family involved in one of these projects.

Just be careful with sizing because kids that age grow like weeds and the helmet might only fit for a short time if it is too small. Did a helmet for my cousin and it wouldn't even fit when finished and I think that was the fastest I have ever made something.

Nevermind the sizing. Good luck getting a 2 year old to wear that for longer than 10 seconds.

been super busy but here is a side project ive been working on. trying to catch it up to the MK VI helmet. It has been a super challenging build as its my 3rd helmet.jack helmet.jpghave a couple finishing touches to do then done with paper part.

Thanks everyone for sticking it out and leaving comments. Its been a slow build with work and two kids. but I get my visor monday and excited to test fit that. still have to find a good LED pre-wire kit. While waiting for bondo and resin to dry on my other sons phase 2 clone trooper helmet ive started work on a another helmet. My buddy has created a monster lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back