Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! here's a little treat ;) so let me give you a hand xD sorry, i just had to :p
master chief hand.png

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DF5062653D9DADB6!2659&authkey=!AKXdWwvJgVtY0eQ&ithint=file%2crar

These are outstandingly well-done pieces. I'm very impressed by the work that's gone into the files.

Do you have plans for any other projects down the line?

These are outstandingly well-done pieces. I'm very impressed by the work that's gone into the files.

Do you have plans for any other projects down the line?

thanks :) hopefully i will have the rest of the armor done by today. I am also working on the iron man mk 46 helmet at the moment. Also as a on/off project, because of little time, but the noble armor is in the works to get 3d printeble.
noble.png

Is there any tutorial about Meshmixer? because I`m 184 cm height :) also I want to thank you about everything you`ve done for us. You`re an awesome person

Is there any tutorial about Meshmixer? because I`m 184 cm height :) also I want to thank you about everything you`ve done for us. You`re an awesome person
Yes,there are some on youtube. I would recommend you to take a look at this, its for iron man, but its basicly the same way to go about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNkXnDdvMQ&index=1&list=WL

I would also recommend you to use a prgram named makehuman. It's wonderful to make a good general model of your body. You just type in messurements :)

Il have to try that !

Right now I do 3D body scans for my work . its not pricy but unless you are local to me its hard to find a body scan place .

I somehow managed to miss this thread completly. Peter, you're my hero (and of course a big thank you we're not worthy type of reaction to Carterbuilder12 of course for doing this awesome job). These files will make it a lot easier for me to maintain my status as "super dad" vis a vis my son regarding my promise to make him a full Halo armor. I already had a couple of rather good looking H4 build files, but after looking at the ones you provide I'm pretty much scrap those for sure and use your files to start from.

I don't even need the helmet I think, as I was lucky enough to get hold of a couple of these cheap Disguise H4 helmets that are really nice for their price.

A VERY big thank you !

CarterBuilder12

Ok, so I have a question. Let's say I go and make a Mesh tailored to my dimensions with the program you mentioned above. Upon importing sections of armor, and scaling them to the mesh, and then exporting the individual armor part into Pepakura. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does the exported model retain its original scale once it is in pepakura? The reason I'm asking is that different modelers has it's own default setting for units of measurement. But, of coarse pepakura doesn't give you options to change from Metric to any other form of measuring. Hope I'm making sense here?

Ok, so I have a question. Let's say I go and make a Mesh tailored to my dimensions with the program you mentioned above. Upon importing sections of armor, and scaling them to the mesh, and then exporting the individual armor part into Pepakura. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does the exported model retain its original scale once it is in pepakura? The reason I'm asking is that different modelers has it's own default setting for units of measurement. But, of coarse pepakura doesn't give you options to change from Metric to any other form of measuring. Hope I'm making sense here?

that was a hard question :eek but i'll try to give a answer ;) so i use Cinema 4D to make the models, and after i scaled them after me i find when i export it, it's 10 times smaller than what it should be. So then i take it in meshmixer and go to transform and write in 10 in one of the three scale boxes and check that the mm correspond with the mm i scaled in cinema 4d. thats why i recommend you guys to use meshmixer to scale to your self, because when you export form meshmixer the file has the right scale when put in to a slicer software.

But if your asking if there is possible to use my files in pepakura. Then the answer is absolutely not, these files are made for 3d printing and got way to many polys for that. For pep use Master Builder's master chief pepakura files, wich i used as reference to make my files.

CarterBuilder12

By any means I wasn't planning to use your files for pepakura. I know that with any models being used for 3d printing the polys are gonna be subdivided a few times making them useless for pepakura.:) With pepakura you some times have to go through a trial, and error approach with getting the scaling just right. (pep a model, and then finding out it doesn't fit correctly) Thought going the same route used for getting proportions right like you did for 3d printing, would work with getting the model scaled for pepakura. Will look into Meshmixer also. Thanks for the info!

By any means I wasn't planning to use your files for pepakura. I know that with any models being used for 3d printing the polys are gonna be subdivided a few times making them useless for pepakura.:) With pepakura you some times have to go through a trial, and error approach with getting the scaling just right. (pep a model, and then finding out it doesn't fit correctly) Thought going the same route used for getting proportions right like you did for 3d printing, would work with getting the model scaled for pepakura. Will look into Meshmixer also. Thanks for the info!

oh, now i understand. Yes, it should work that way too. Using makehuman to make a model of your self, then take both files in meshmixer and scale it to your proportions, then put it in pepakura. That should work in theory at least :p

CarterBuilder12
oh, now i understand. Yes, it should work that way too. Using makehuman to make a model of your self, then take both files in meshmixer and scale it to your proportions, then put it in pepakura. That should work in theory at least :p

I theory yes, and hopefully so. Although I may use this for future builds, since I'm getting close to finishing things up with the current build. Well, at least with Scaling individuals parts.

Do you plan on releasing the cut up files for the helmet? Great work by the way!

i do not, because i mainly scaled it to me, so there is a to high of a chance that it wont fit you. And the slized up version i did have some errors which i am trying to get a grip on for my ovn helmet. So if i ever plan on releasing them, i need to fix that.

i do not, because i mainly scaled it to me, so there is a to high of a chance that it wont fit you. And the slized up version i did have some errors which i am trying to get a grip on for my ovn helmet. So if i ever plan on releasing them, i need to fix that.

fair point. If I may ask, what software do you use to cut it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back