offically giving up, goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran3nbusby117

hello everyone I have been really excited to make a Spartan locke helmet then I was planning to make a whole caboose suit as I love caboose and I came home to find that my dog had chewed up my whole Spartan locke helmet, I am officially done as this is the 2nd attempt at making a helmet and the first one wasn't good at all, I would love to make a caboose suit or bye one but seeming as I have no money, and whenever I try and build a suit or even a helmet it never works, I have put so much time in trying to make a helmets or pistols but they never work
goodbye everyone,
thanks to everyone who helped me

Don't give up! it has taken me 5+ times to get pep right, heck I'm still having issues and still learning. The first and second times won't be perfect I have learned that the hard way. If you really want to build Caboose, then build him first, Build the one that drives you.

the thing is that my dog just chewed up the helmet that I have been working on for months!!!!!!!! ugh

- - - Updated - - -

the paper on it was impeccable

the thing is that my dog just chewed up the helmet that I have been working on for months!!!!!!!! ugh

I understand the frustration, but you can prevent your dog chewing up future builds. It's not like this is an unavoidable problem.

I get that you feel like quitting now, but once you've come to terms with this unfortunate circumstance, I'm sure you'll feel like having another go.

can u get me a list of files on what caboose in halo 4 is wearing, I am gonna give it one last try

I do believe that he's using the Halo 4 Mk V armour set. You can find files HERE.

Aside from keeping your projects well out of your dog's way - keep at it and don't be discouraged! You wouldn't believe the number of setbacks I've suffered with my work - I've been at this for the better part of a decade without getting anything together. The key is patience and willpower! Keep at it, don't let a setback get you down! I'd love to see you put something amazing together!

Switch gears! That Locke helmet looks like it would be hard. Try your hand at the caboose suit. Pick the parts that are a little easier to start with... with some success early on I think you'll get your motivation back. Sorry to hear about your dog, but pets are just too cute to stay mad at.

funny%20cat_zpse6c3tkzg.jpg
*not my photo, I can't remember who's it is either.

Attachments

• funny%20cat_zpse6c3tkzg.jpg
    funny%20cat_zpse6c3tkzg.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 323
Been on this site since 2007,so you could say I'm one of the old farts. I've attempted on numerous occasions to start projects only to have them fail. Things happen, life gets in the way for a short period, but giving up should never be the answer. Things will get tough and difficult at time but just push through it spartan. I know you can make this work and you are gonna feel so good when your suit is finish and you can show it off proudly.

I believe in you. you can succeed!

Been on this site since 2007,so you could say I'm one of the old farts. I've attempted on numerous occasions to start projects only to have them fail. Things happen, life gets in the way for a short period, but giving up should never be the answer. Things will get tough and difficult at time but just push through it spartan. I know you can make this work and you are gonna feel so good when your suit is finish and you can show it off proudly.

I believe in you. you can succeed!
Thanks eskimobob, I am gonna start my caboose helmet probably tomorrow thanks for the encouragement

I may seem like one of the newer crew on the site (even though I have had the account for a while). if there is one bad choice, it is to not make a suit at all. I have been delaying in fear of screwing up for a few years, and I decided to not give up.

I would love to see even more RvB characters (and yes, I am doing one myself). Let me put it this way, I've had so many things happen to discourage me (mainly money in my case) but to put it simply, if I can make armor, then so can you.

Switch gears! That Locke helmet looks like it would be hard. Try your hand at the caboose suit. Pick the parts that are a little easier to start with... with some success early on I think you'll get your motivation back. Sorry to hear about your dog, but pets are just too cute to stay mad at.

[url]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah127/Chris_Pense/funny%20cat_zpse6c3tkzg.jpg[/URL]
*not my photo, I can't remember who's it is either.

This is my picture. The helmet was attempt number 3 of sizing a helmet for my husband. Attempt 1 ended up bobble head size on my husband. Attempt 2 was child sized. 3 was my size.

I had gotten frustrated, ands put the pep on the floor. Next thing I knew one of my kittens decided that it was a good place to sleep.

Keep at it. We do have completed outfits, but we are constantly updating them because each time we build we learn something and we do better than the last time.

Admittedly she is not a Kitten like my wife Ashuraa said. She is a full grown 7lb ball of rodent hunting terror. But that should tell you how oversized that helmet was. Was her favorite place to sleep for about a week till getting in and out of it finally crushed it.

Well, I think it's hard to do worse than I did.
I had to pep each part of my armor about 2-5 times. Chest was only done ONCE.
But everything else?
I started with boots - I think I re-did them about 5 times? First I didn't even scale it, I didn't know I had to.
Shins? Same thing, about 4-5 times. Thighs too.
I did shoulders "only" twice. Same as forearms.
Helmet? 3 times.

So yeah... It was a lot of work, but I didn't give up.

Don't get discouraged. Making props, costumes - everything, takes time. It'll take A LOT more.

I tripped over my foam chest piece and ruined it. Took me months to make it.

A quote from the Batman Trilogy:

f46f56e586a8c6512060284b1420f9f5.jpg

Attachments

• f46f56e586a8c6512060284b1420f9f5.jpg
    f46f56e586a8c6512060284b1420f9f5.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 330
yeah don't give me. It's taken me nearly 3 years and at least a dozen attempts to get my suit to a spot where I'm happy just with the build. haven't even painted it yet! things take a lot of trial and error sometimes. I have a rack in my garage just for my mistakes so I can look back and see just how good things have gotten with the newer incarnations of my suit.

I'm still not finished with mine and I started over 2 years ago! Life may get in the way, I haven't been able to touch my armor for months, but the end is worth it!

It took Thomas Edison over 1000 tries to make the lightbulb, but in the end he said, "I didn't fail 1000 times, the lightbulb was an invention with 1000 steps"

Keep your head up spartan, I think all of us have had to work and re work parts or ideas to make our armour work and fit right. My husband and I worked and finished up ours and once we got it finished (or so we thought) and after wearing it for 2 cons now, we have found tons of minor things that we need to fix. Strap that doesn't work right. or a joint that doesn't sit as its supposed to. Your kit will always be a work in progress. so dont give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back