Any Tips for Armor Building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryDragon

Heyo guys! (And gals!)

I'm super freaking new here, so I've got quite a bit of noob running around in me right now. I'm fourteen, though I've had people say I'm more mature than that number. It's been difficult to find anyone in my local area with a love for Halo, so this is a community I hope to remain in for a long time. Part of the reason is just that I loooove to see what other people's hard work has become over the days, weeks, and months! :)

I wanted to ask if anyone had any helpful tips for constructing and painting armor, considering I'm beginning to start crafting a Reach armor set I've planned for weeks on end. :3 I'm most likely going to be wearing it to Denver's cons next year, due to the fact I'm moving back to Colorado from central Florida.

It's nice to meet you all!
-Mys

Its nice to meet you! Much fun will be had today, watching those videos and digging through those pages. :)

Thanks for the quick tip! :3

Welcome to the 405th,

As for tips, please look around the forum, there are MANY threads that will help you, just do the reading - reading through these threads will save you 99% of your questions.
Also, you may find some helpful videos on YouTube as well.

Good luck!

- Palmer

Reading can be quite fun, after all.

Oh how I wish that was true for me. But indeed, it is the most important part of the armour building process in my opinion.

If you do need opinions or anything clarifying, be sure to ask! We're happy to help.

Good luck!

i recently finished my first spartan 3 armor and ill give you a few guidelines out of my expierience.

1: take your time taking it slow might suck but in the end it will look way better.
2: Build the way you are comfortable with i started with using pre made templates (pdo) but that didnt work for me and started making my own try it out.
3: if your armor needs te bend somewhere or has a edge dont alway cut it as a new part but cut a groove in the back to bend it.
4: if knifes go even slightly dull stop using them it will ruin your part just use a new one or wait till you have a new one.
5: have fun ask if you dont know how to do something to the many great people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back