Props Mesh's Covenant Carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesh

Okay so Hey! :p
I decided that, because I didn't like the looks I got carrying around my DMR in public (Especially in a country where we don't have guns), I wanted my second favourite gun :D
And here is my process :D

Pg7GfvT.png
I used this photo from google for the template, using the PosteRazor software, I printed it out in a size I liked

8ttgD41.jpg
Here it is in life :D The nerf gun is the Nerf N-Strike RAIDER for size comparison. I transferred this onto some thick foam, and cut it out, and then I cut out the purple sections and transferred them onto normal, 10mm EVA foam.

lGefrdY.jpg

Here is the foam base along with the added EVA foam, with the Carbine cut out :p The markings on the foam was from a previous attempt, before I used the Poster software to print out an actual template so ignore those..

pQ0vxAF.jpg
And here's a better look :)

x97PrfM.jpg
This was when I plastidipped it, you can see I have added a curved edge to the hand holes, I've added an old Lego wheel for the ammo counter, and wire coverings to detail the barrel :p

e4caBNs.jpg
I didn't have a picture, but before I did the purple, I had sprayed one side with grey. I didn't do the other because it was the same colour as the plastidip so I saw no point but in hindsight it was a really bad idea, when I pulled the masking tape off, the uncovered plastidip came straight off too........

8FOcdOb.jpg
But finally, here's the Carbine next to my DMR! This is the good side btw :p

All I need to do is sort out the other side, and then it's done I guess, until then it's hide the one side from the camera :p

Next build, is a sliced DMR to replace the old one seeing my friend has now claimed it :D

Very nice! If you only have masking tape on hand, try wearing down the sticky side prior to using it. And make sure the first coat of Plasti-dip is dry, too! Another option you can use is fabric tape. The adhesive won't peel the paint, and can be found at dollar stores in the sewing section for next to nothing.

My thought too, alien weapon = less hassle in public. I personally like the carbine over the dmr anyway. It's looking great man!

How did I forget to post here??!!! Looks great man! you should start making a gun rack like in the last pic !

Sweet! the carbine gets soo little love in fandom.

I guess we need to start a Sentinel Beam build contest.

Mesh, the carbine is looks great, is it a single sheet of EVA foam with craft foam details?

I guess we need to start a Sentinel Beam build contest.

Mesh, the carbine is looks great, is it a single sheet of EVA foam with craft foam details?
It's a thick sheet of Foam I got somewhere, about an Inch thick I think, with normal 10mm EVA Foam on top :)

Awesome. Do you have any plans for adding lights or details like the ammo display?

I've actually put a request in the Pepakura thread for a Foam converted or a Sliced Covvie Carbine Model, as I want to remake it :p

Are you attached to using foam? If you used three or four layers of 1/4" MDF you could use your current stencil.

I'm currently trying this method on a Halo 3 Battle Rifle build with three layers with a central section cut out and routed to house electronics. Raised details will be done in 1/16" hardboard so it'll be a similar method to adding on layers of thinner foam.

Are you attached to using foam? If you used three or four layers of 1/4" MDF you could use your current stencil.

I'm currently trying this method on a Halo 3 Battle Rifle build with three layers with a central section cut out and routed to house electronics. Raised details will be done in 1/16" hardboard so it'll be a similar method to adding on layers of thinner foam.

Foam is easiest for me, I can get hold of it easy, work with it easy, and I have the tools to use it easy. MDF? Not so much but I'd love to work with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back