KitKatGoose- Halo 5 detailed Air Assault/Recon+ undersuit WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKatGoose

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S127
So this is my first time making an actual thread for anything, in the past I've really only used Facebook and Instagram to document builds (if you wanna check em out, my fb is Kitkatgoose cosplay) but I figured since this is the beginning of this build and it will probably be a very long process (and a huge learning process) I should have somewhere to post more in depth about the techniques I will use. This will also be my first real time sewing anything so wish me luck, because this under suit is so freaking detailed *weeps a little bit*. I don't expect this to be a fast build, I'm gonna take my time to make this the best I can. I hope to include customized lights, and fans. I'm also gonna attempt some weird techniques to achieve the look I want for the under suit, there's gonna be lots of trial and error lol. I may also include my weapon build for this suit if that's allowed? Aaand I would also like to include my build of a Halo 5 elite data pad, I think it'd be a fun prop to have and hopefully some good practice for thermoplastic and LEDs.
IMG_3552.JPG
IMG_3554.JPG
The suit I'll be making, the color will probably vary slightly since I chose my color before 343 changed the colors around.
WP_20160601_005.jpg
A quick sketch to get more familiar with what I'll be trying, where the panels of mesh (for ventilation) will be and where to add hex pattern.
WP_20160601_004.jpg
The elite data pad, this prop shouldn't take too horribly long by itself. I think it'll be a cool little prop to have for photos ^-^

I can't wait to make some progress on this project, and to see how much I learn by the end of it, I hope it turns out as well as I think I can make it! I really have no idea whats gonna work for a lot of it but I'm determined and I have some ideas to try out, so maybe if any of you are looking to build an H5 suit this thread will at least help you decide what not to do xD
-KitKat

Attachments

• IMG_3552.JPG
    IMG_3552.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 426
  • WP_20160601_004.jpg
    WP_20160601_004.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 287
Looking forward to seeing how you sew your suit. Knowing things you would do differently next time is soooooo helpful for new people and seeing custom undersuits is super inspiring, at least for me.

Good luck!

Looks nice, also I wouldn't worry about the colors - the screenshots show you're on the Blue Team, but you can always choose different shades on blue on your Spartan in the menu and it shows on WZ Firefight, Free-For-All and Infection, when you aren't in any of the teams.

How are you going to do the armor? Card stock or foam?

Good luck.

- Palmer

Plans are looking sweet, Can't wait to see the build :)

Everyone bear with me as I figure out the mechanics of this website, I'm such a noob to actually posting on here xD

looks hard. good luck cant wait to see what you do with it
It is indeed going to be a huge challenge. thanks, I can't wait either!!

Looking forward to seeing how you sew your suit. Knowing things you would do differently next time is soooooo helpful for new people and seeing custom undersuits is super inspiring, at least for me.

Good luck!
Aww thank you!! I can't wait to have some decent progress to show, the undersuit excites me and also terrifies me xD

If you want the datapad I made a light up one a few months ago . You are more then welcome to use the assets I made.
https://twitter.com/MegavoltService/status/717433265297076225

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=44892&page=5&p=755745&viewfull=1#post755745
Oh my gosh thats awesome!! I wasn't aware anybody had made one yet, I will definitely be checking out your build for help!!

Looks nice, also I wouldn't worry about the colors - the screenshots show you're on the Blue Team, but you can always choose different shades on blue on your Spartan in the menu and it shows on WZ Firefight, Free-For-All and Infection, when you aren't in any of the teams.

How are you going to do the armor? Card stock or foam?

Good luck.

- Palmer
That's a really good point about the color, that actually makes me feel better about it lol. The current plan is to use foam for all of the armor ^-^ Thank you!

I've been tossing around the idea of the undersuit as well. I agree that the detailing is quite high.
Yeah I anticipate lots of guessing and testing out techniques to actually get a decent undersuit, which I'm simultaneously excited about and dreading xD

Plans are looking sweet, Can't wait to see the build :)
Thank you!! I can't wait to have something cool to show ^-^

Thank you all for the sweet comments and likes, I'm so excited for (and obsessed with) this build!!
The progress I have to post now is just some stuff I've had around but just now got photos worthy of posting.
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
IMG_3786.JPG
IMG_3787.JPG
IMG_3783.JPG
I'm not 100% sure if I'll use the shoes I built these on, currently I'm thinking I will. They're pretty small and comfy. I'm planning on making a boot cover type thing to put the shoe in and to have about knee-high sock length, it'll have most of the seen details and probably velcro to attach the weird shoe pieces to it, and underneath the shin it'll be mesh to help with ventilation (these are all just plans, this stuff could definitely change depending on if any of them work out or not lol)

IMG_3790.JPG
This is one of my visors (top: iconprops silver hex pattern visor material), and some fabric samples which will hopefully be the final fabrics. The blue was some kind of swim/athletic fabric, I can't remember exactly what it was and I don't have the papers around me but I'll specify it if I actually do use it for the final ^-^ The black on the right is matte 4-way stretch vinyl, the black and blue are both from SpandexWorld. I freaking love this matte black vinyl, I really hope I can use it for the final. The hex-y stuff is just some kind of mesh fabric that I got at JoAnn fabrics (thank God H5 only has hex on the shoulders, r.i.p. H4 undersuit creators). I'm still getting some fabric samples in that I'm excited about, though they are for the gloves which will be so small and detailed that I probably shouldn't be excited about it lol.
So those are all the things I've had for a bit but didn't have nice pictures of for my first post, and I'd like for this thread to be pretty thorough (plus it's gonna be how I keep myself excited about this project, and how I keep some thoughts organized lol) so I wanted to make sure I posted them before I forgot.
Thank you for any comments/interaction/questions!!
-KitKat

Hey everyone! So I haven't really made much progress since last update, but I figured I'd post what I have since it's been a little while.
IMG_4048.JPG
I ordered some more fabric samples, this time it was from SpandexCollection or something like that. It took forever to get here and the samples weren't labeled but I did find that I loved three of the samples that I ordered, so this is a picture of the new samples+the ones I already posted about and decided on. The dark grey on top is a milliskin matte 4-way stretch material which will be used for...
IMG_4051.JPG
any dark parts of the under suit that feel like they are slightly lighter than the black I'll be using for most of it. You can kinda see here, there's a line on the under butt (lol) that looks a good bit lighter than the rest of the suit. I'm hoping that this dark grey will do a good job of adding some more detail into the black, but if it ends up looking more drastic than I want then I'll just stay with the black for all of it.
Back to the fabric samples, the dark blue/teal milliskin matte on the left will be for...
IMG_4049.JPG
the index finger detail. It doesn't match perfectly and these colors always seem to change depending on the map I look at them on, but I really love this dark tealish color and I love the way it goes with the color scheme so I'm doing it lol.
Back to the fabric samples once again, the light grey milliskin on the bottom left is for...
IMG_4052.JPG
some glove detail work. You can't really tell because this picture makes everything look so freaking blue, but there's quite a bit of light grey detailing on my spartan's gloves. The dots on the grey fabric sample are just black puffy paint that I've been practicing with and making sure its the effect I want for the palm.
IMG_4046.JPGIMG_4047.JPGIMG_4050.JPG
And this is the last bit of work I've actually done on this, I made a quick little insert thing out of upholstery foam and eva foam, I'm hoping I can cover it with the fabric (probably after sealing it somehow) so that it can turn into the little weird thing on the back of the calves ^-^

I'm still super excited about this project, there's just so much going on right now that I can only make very tiny amounts of progress. Any amount of progress does make me very happy though!
-Kitkat

Sounds great! I actually ordered an undersuit pattern from GunHead Design for 45$ and then I got it custom printed by Zentai Zone for 75$ to fit my body. It is made of spandex/lyrica. Now it doesn't have any texture but you can add in a sew texture to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great! I actually ordered an undersuit pattern from GunHead Design for 45$ and then I got it custom printed by Zentai Zone for 75$ to fit my body. It is made of spandex/lyrica. Now it doesn't have any texture but you can add in a sew texture to it.

Pics?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It's actually still being made lol, but I'll post some pics when I get it lol.

Ah. I saw the one they offer on their site and I see GunHeadDesign has a different one on their site. So I wanted to see how it looks when completed.

Ah. I saw the one they offer on their site and I see GunHeadDesign has a different one on their site. So I wanted to see how it looks when completed.

Yeah I'll absolutely post pictures, and I had no idea they had a halo undersuit on Zentai Zone lol. But I paid 45$ for the pattern, 75 for the custom service and I also got a detachable hood 5$, detachable gloves 5$, crotch zipper for when nature calls 3.50, and upgrades fabrics for 10$, and express shipping for 15$ so in all the suit costed me around 150-160$ but I've seen others at other places like this and it looks amazing. Also if you decide to buy it when I post pictures, I might be able to save you 45$

Yeah I'll absolutely post pictures, and I had no idea they had a halo undersuit on Zentai Zone lol. But I paid 45$ for the pattern, 75 for the custom service and I also got a detachable hood 5$, detachable gloves 5$, crotch zipper for when nature calls 3.50, and upgrades fabrics for 10$, and express shipping for 15$ so in all the suit costed me around 150-160$ but I've seen others at other places like this and it looks amazing. Also if you decide to buy it when I post pictures, I might be able to save you 45$

That'd be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back