Very first build: Halo 5 Foam Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan X

Hey everyone! I'm starting my first build! It's going to be a foam Halo 5 armor. I'll be doing the Vigilant armor with the Mark V Alpha helmet (the one from Halo 5). If anyone has the files for these armors, could you post them here please? Also, I have a few questions, could you help me out with these please? As I am 15, I'm still growing up and I'd like to know how I should size the armor so I could still be able to wear it in a few years when I'll stop growing. Also any advice is more than welcomed as I am still a n00b :D
Here are some reference pictures of the armor sets (big thanks goes to @oghaloclips from Instagram for taking in game reference pictures for me, but unfortunatly the website won't allow me to uplad them):
MarkV_renders.jpg640px-H5G_MarkVAlpha_117Remake.png87px-H5G-Helmet-MarkVAlpha.png640px-H5G-Vigilantrenders.jpg275px-H5G-Vigilantrender.png160px-H5G-VigilantvsScout.png

Thanks for reading,

-Spartan X

P.S.: Oops, sorry for that last reference picture that slipped in the "Attached Thumbnails...

Attachments

• image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 235
Not to be a naysayer, but I imagine that you will need to build another set of armor in a few years because you keep growing for a while. Well, if youre a boy, I suppose if you're a girl then you should be fine

Hey everyone! I'm starting my first build! It's going to be a foam Halo 5 armor. I'll be doing the Vigilant armor with the Mark V Alpha helmet (the one from Halo 5). If anyone has the files for these armors, could you post them here please? Also, I have a few questions, could you help me out with these please? As I am 15, I'm still growing up and I'd like to know how I should size the armor so I could still be able to wear it in a few years when I'll stop growing. Also any advice is more than welcomed as I am still a n00b :D
Here are some reference pictures of the armor sets (big thanks goes to @oghaloclips from Instagram for taking in game reference pictures for me, but unfortunatly the website won't allow me to uplad them):
View attachment 28042View attachment 28043View attachment 28044View attachment 28045View attachment 28046View attachment 28047

Thanks for reading,

-Spartan X

P.S.: Oops, sorry for that last reference picture that slipped in the "Attached Thumbnails...

Not to be a naysayer, but I imagine that you will need to build another set of armor in a few years because you keep growing for a while. Well, if youre a boy, I suppose if you're a girl then you should be fine

Maybe wait a little to see if you stop growing. I stopped growing at about 15-16, but it never hurts to make sure since it can be a waste of time and money. If you make it big so you can grow into it, you could end up not growing and have armor that's too big. Or you could grow super tall and have it be way too small and have to rebuild it.

Time for an update ! I've been gathering everything I need. I decided to recycle some Reach files as most of these armor pieces were copied and pasted to Halo 5. Sure, it won't be 100% accurate, but it's only my first build, and the armor will still be (I hope) recognizable. I've also noticed that the thrusters that were added to the back of the armor were pretty similar to the ones seen on the "NOBLE" armor set, so I'll probably be recycling these files too. As for the helmet, I've got no idea on how I'm going to tackle it, as there doesn't seem to be any files about that helmet in the file archive other than an obj file. Does anybody have the files for that helmet please?
Also, I've decided to make the visor using transparent worbla. CommaderPalmer used that for her visor on her build thread, she made a video about it here:
It looks fantastic (please don't ask her how she did it, because she already answered it a bunch of times on her thread)! I decided that I'll probaly try to build an AR with the BR scope (both from Halo 5), but I'm not really sure yet.

Also, thanks guys for the replies. I'll probably make another set of armor in a few years, because I'm too impatient to wait till I stop growing to start my build.

Thanks for reading,

-Spartan X

Last edited by a moderator:
What you may want to do is to try to guesstimate (hope that is a word) your final height by gpy (growth per year) and also what height your parents are to base an estimate for an armor that could fit you in the future. And if it doesn't fit then... at least you tried :D. Either way by the time that you stop growing you probably will have more skills in the craft to most likely make an armor that would look a lot better. Best of luck!

CommaderPalmer used that for her visor on her build thread, she made a video about it here:
It looks fantastic (please don't ask her how she did it, because she already answered it a bunch of times on her thread)!

Please, I don't want to become a meme, hehe. ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone! I'm sorry for not keeping you guys updated but my exams are coming in 2 days so I have to work.
I haven't got any work done on the armor yet but I might buy the helmet instead of building. Also thanks guy for the advices for the sizing!

Thanks for reading,

-Spartan X

And here comes the latest update! I've downloaded Pepakura Viewer, and my project has slightly changed. I decided than I would do a Halo 5 and Reach armor mash up. This means that it will be a lot easier for me.

Things that have changed:
-I'll be using Reach files for the armor
-The armor will have Halo 5 armor pieces attached to it
-I will not be making an AR, because it's too hard for me right now. I'll probably go with an Halo 5 SMG or Railgun
-I'm planning on building a Nightfall helmet (from Halo 5) but I'll still be buying the Mark V (potato) helmet, still from Halo 5.

Here's the list of thing that I already have:
-EVA foam
-X-acto knife
-Glue gun
-Heat gun
-Pepakura viewer

And here's the list of things I don't have yet:
-Mark V A (from Halo 5 ) shoulder files unfolded for foam

If you have any advices, thay are more than welcomed.

And that's it for today :)
Thanks for reading,

-Spartan X

Good luck. Take you time.......remember this is a marathon not a sprint. The more time you take the better quality pieces you can produce.

I love doing speed builds, I get a buddy to work with me and we work 12 hrs a day and get it done in 1-2 weeks. It's the same quality, just a lot quicker. But you definitely need to take this one slow as your first build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for an update guys!
First of all, I'm truly sorry for not keeping you guys updated but I'm not at home right now. But I will try to work on the gloves of the undersuit! But I kinda need your help guys: Could you tell me what it seems to be made out of please,
It's all I've got for today!

Hey guys, Im sorry to say but post are going to be even slower than before. I've been accepted in military school and by the time I get back home, I'll have to leave for military school. Now, I'm not saying that there will never be any post, but even less than before. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I started this post without planning anything. And finally, thanks you all for your comments and I'm sorry for never replying to them, I didn't mean to be rude.

Thanks for reading,

-Spartan X

That's life mate. Go live it. Have fun.

In the end of an average lifetime on this earth your words instead of, "I really wish I did that", should be something like, "I can't believe I did that!

Peace.

SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back