Props THE BIG ONE! M808B Scorpion Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude if I ever go to America I'm gona see this
ps the tank should have a air canon that shoots confetti (if you get the reference you are cool)

UPDATE!
Getting the overall framework done over the Labor Day weekend. Still have to put more reinforcement on it, and add 3 foot off the front and a foot and a half off the back. Right now though it's solid as a rock on the van and doesn't sway at all. Running low on lumber and will have to go for run 3 either this week or the next.
14264152_844971442305870_1767214096692990831_n.jpg

Finally, construction!
and i just realised how much of a ride-on lawnmower the van looks at the moment...
It looks Wheely good! Wow that was bad

Interesting way of doing it. How are you gonna tackle the treads?
They'll be false (of course). Going to try and find some broken snowmobile tracks and use them as decoration. The treads themselves will have big rubber caster wheels on the bottom so they can roll along on the ground.

If you want I could nock out a template for some tracks so you could make them out of plywood then screw old tries to them for the ruber?

If you want I could nock out a template for some tracks so you could make them out of plywood then screw old tries to them for the ruber?

Hmmmmmm.....I do have a couple old tires, so that isn't a bad idea. Good thinking there Spartan :D

They'll be false (of course). Going to try and find some broken snowmobile tracks and use them as decoration. The treads themselves will have big rubber caster wheels on the bottom so they can roll along on the ground.
Ha wouldn't have even thought of cannibalizing some old snowmobiles. Bet those tracks'll work great

UPDATE!!

Got alot more done on the framework, and the only thing left to do before adding the body panels is to add some panel reinforcements to the frame. Thanks to Arma358 and Serenko3 for the help today :)

14332950_852699784866369_8253266572832598206_n.jpg

Looking good Benton. And As Ashuraa would say her children are out playing with the big toys..

glad I got to help out with this build today for a little bit

- - - Updated - - -

I will see if my local yamaha shop has any matching ones tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

would have liked to have helped alot more, if only you lived close by. Ashura and Kusak would agree

he will be finishing this build his friends will see to it lol. as of right now its about the size of current military tank

Not a problem, glad to help. Actually pretty excited to some of my math lives on in the tank. :)

UPDATE!!

Got alot more done on the framework, and the only thing left to do before adding the body panels is to add some panel reinforcements to the frame. Thanks to Arma358 and Serenko3 for the help today :)

View attachment 31886

Yes yes, we cannot wait to have this piece of equipment.. Ahhem.. sorry, excuse me, Pretty lady, Deployed.

called my local Yamaha they said treads are hard to come by at the moment because people use them for in their trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a few junkyards I can try tomorrow and if that fails we could always cut a bunch of planks and rubbercoat them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back