3d printing halo 3 mark vi armor- please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JANJANBERRY

hi, my name's dave, and i am in a pickle
i'm trying to 3d print a full set of armor, however i've run into a couple road blocks
  1. transferring pepakura files into stl files requires money i don't have and doesn't have the detail i want
  2. the armor files i've found are either the wrong type of armor or missing the codpiece (i know many people here believe it's part of the soft underarmor, but underarmor doesn't protect your valuables from aliens)
  3. i'm not very good with fusion 360 yet
  4. I have no idea how to size things (i'm 5'4", afab, and a bit on the grif-like end of the weight spectrum)
Does anyone have advice or a 3d model of the armor agent texas wears in season 10?
(i may be willing to pay a little bit for files, however i'd really prefer not to because i'm a broke teenager with no job)

We have 3D models in the File Archive - you can find them under the Halo 3 section.

As for help with turning your models into printable STL files - there are free programs out there that will be able to help you.

Hello. So There are some key steps to take

Pre scale to a rough human..
Clean up the asset . Add and remove as wanted the polys . Meshmixer and Blender as a combo do this well!
Scale the parts to Your Exact measurements
Solidify in blender
Dice in to manageable chunks in meshmixer
then print with your machine.
A huge hint. Get a body scan.. it makes scaling easy...

I am in the middle of my 3rd 3D printed suit for a client.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=47165

body scans are foolproof
so far between my 2 suits made and a few made by others We avg 13 kG of plastic and around 600H of print time.
If you can. try to get a good suppler for your plastic.......

Peter D

I am currently in the process of smoothing out the ultra-high detail Halo 3 Mk VI models for 3D printing as .stl files. The hand plate is done (but not uploaded yet) and the forearm is almost half done. A full detail version of the cod model is also under development.

update: i managed to get the pdo files into .obj files, but they don't print right. what the model appears to be in the normal view in cura is not what is in the layers view (which is what actually prints)
I've learned a lot about actually 3d printing things, set up a 3d workshop, and have made several props. as i get closer to halloween i'm getting more desperate for a solution to me problems. I need working files so i can have time to work on sizing, and the three or more printing attempts it takes to actually get anything that turns out good. If anyone has high definition (or ultra high, my printer does good detail) stl or obj files for halo 3 mark vi armor they'd be willing to share i'd be super grateful. please do not point me towards more pdo files because i have tried and failed in many ways with those.

If you're after HD files, we have some in the Archive HERE. As for turning them into printable STL files - again, you're going to have to do a little research in that regard. You'll be able to backwards-convert these PDO files back to OBJ using Pepakura Designer 3, and from there, import them into any free modelling tool (such as Blender) to work on and refine them. I personally would suggest making absolutely sure that you've split up your project properly, perhaps read up on some printing tutorials for the process.

I to the file archive, and get the Assets from halo 3, they are the raw obj files from the game.

Not recommended, since those files are very low-definition and would take an awful lot of work to get to a print-ready state. Thanks for the input, though!

the files in the archive are the ones i converted.
they do not work
what i'm trying to print is not what prints out when i use to files i converted from pdo files
i am only looking for printable stl files or obj files that are what they should be

the files in the archive are the ones i converted.
they do not work
what i'm trying to print is not what prints out when i use to files i converted from pdo files
i am only looking for printable stl files or obj files that are what they should be

There ARE .obj files in the File Archive.
There is whole section dedicated to .obj Files.

the obj files are very low definition and i'm not experienced enough to improve them

This is what is in the games, the textures improve a lot how the model looks in the game.

Well, you might look or ask if someone has any more detailed files on the internet... or you will have to improve them by yourself or ask someone.
No other option I guess.

This is part of the reason so far the fully printed suits are from 4/5 . being new-er they have more polys allreaddy .
I know I looked at a halo 3 suit and it was not worth printing . hence Why My printed chief is halo4
Bump maps and shading are cool tricks. things that look really good in the game are often not as high rez as they seem..

update: upon an epiphany i had while building stairs i realize that i might be able to make the pepakura files work because there is one 3d modeling software i do know how to work
in eighth grade i had to learn sketchup for a careers class, which means i might be able to import the obj files and fix them into something printable
i'll be sure to let you all if this works and maybe upload them as printable obj files (with permission from the original designers of the pepakura files) if it doesn't work i'll probably start from scratch and upload my own designs for the rest of my 3d printing comrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back