Live streaming builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted some opinions and was not sure where to put it so here I go. Has anyone tried streaming while building their costume? How did it go? If not would that be something people would want to watch? I have all the equipment and skills since I stream for extra life, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea, thoughts?

It has been quite popular lately on a facebook group, where few people were livestreaming - talking with viewers, answering their questions while building.
All of them were foam builders though...

Imagine someone doing a livestream while sanding resin and bondo, hahaha. :D

If you want to stream - do it, I'm sure there will be at least few people who will watch it.

Jeffrey Tabben's livestreamed work before, I know of one or two others whose names escape me have done live builds.

I'm considering putting up some live work for when I work on 3D modelling later on down the line - there's certainly an audience for it.

Hero's Workshop has some YouTube videos of some live streams that they have done. Foam builds, as the Commander said.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Huh, well that's seams like a "yes" to me. And as I do mostly foam anyways that might not be a problem . Now the question is can I use my twitch or do I have to switch to YouTube streaming. Off to research!

Huh, well that's seams like a "yes" to me. And as I do mostly foam anyways that might not be a problem . Now the question is can I use my twitch or do I have to switch to YouTube streaming. Off to research!

You can twitch stream. These days people use twitch to livestream pretty much everything and anything you can imagine.

Obi3ff used to host a stream quite often and would include others including myself, Arma358, PeterTheThinker, and Harri51 to name a few.
Whenever Jeff did a stream he always used Twitch, and we'd get about an average of 5-10 viewers at a time. Twitch seems to be the best for cosplay streams as well as they have a 'Creative' section which is usually listed up near the top along with the normal Twitch games like LoL and Overwatch. That means it's more likely that people will stop by and check it out.

Obi3ff used to host a stream quite often and would include others including myself, Arma358, PeterTheThinker, and Harri51 to name a few.
Whenever Jeff did a stream he always used Twitch, and we'd get about an average of 5-10 viewers at a time. Twitch seems to be the best for cosplay streams as well as they have a 'Creative' section which is usually listed up near the top along with the normal Twitch games like LoL and Overwatch. That means it's more likely that people will stop by and check it out.

Cool thanks for the heads up about the creative section, I will look into it!

Ok I'm going to start streaming from 8-10 EST every day and also on my days off! my channel is https://www.twitch.tv/sgsrtcameron and I will be streaming now until 2ish EST as a test stream. Thanks for the advice Spartans!

EDIT: Ended the test stream early, having audio issues I have to work out, but I will be streaming tonight.

I have live streamed my Carter build through Facebook Live. Problem with it is you have to use your phone and you can only stream 90 minutes at a time. Just started a Twitch account so I might try streaming through that. I have another friend with a 2 camera setup and I have a GoPro so I might use my GoPro and my laptop and make a 2-camera stream in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back