Mjolnir Mark VI Master Chief Build - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a little help from someone who knows the file archive please. Started looking to download the pep files for the chest, thighs, boots, etc and I don't see them in the archive. Am I just missing something?

Well, I'm definitely no Cereal Kill3r, but the helmet is almost there. Brush on the last of the scratches and do the wash hopefully tomorrow.

20160803_134540.jpg

Need a little help from someone who knows the file archive please. Started looking to download the pep files for the chest, thighs, boots, etc and I don't see them in the archive. Am I just missing something?

Dude. Your helmets looks awesome!

As for the rest of the files.. If you're going for Halo 3 high detail Mk VI, here is the pack. There are other single files out there too and in other details in the MK VI section.

Got a little busy with family stuff so unfortunately, the work and posts slowed down a bit.

I was able to make some decent progress on the right gauntlet. Going MUCH faster than the helmet did. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the pep but here's where I am currently.

20160815_095323.jpg

20160815_095341.jpg

Helmet is getting much closer to being completed. Got the visor mounted but the tee nuts which I secured with JB Weld AND Epoxy putty started to separate once I got the visor screwed in. Tried to reinforce with some super glue but not sure if it will hold. After all this work, it's very frustrating to have a failure like this at the end.

20160814_193857.jpg

20160814_193907.jpg

20160814_193917.jpg

Finally, the helmet is done! Love the way it turned out. I ended up adding a liner around the underside lip of the helmet so I didn't scratch my ears off every time I took it off. Makes putting it on and taking it off so much better. Also had to build a few pads of my own to make it fit snug. Best part of the final assembly was learning to solder in order to get all the wiring done. That's something I've wanted to do for years but never had a reason to do it. Was very enjoyable. Looking forward to finishing the next piece!!

20160822_075626.jpg

20160822_075653.jpg

20160822_080407.jpg

20160821_171623.jpg

Keep forgetting to take pictures of the forearms. Here's a side by side of the almost finished right and just started left.

20160826_172552.jpg

So far everything looks amazing. Have you thought about doing a black wash of the parts once you are done with painting?

So far everything looks amazing. Have you thought about doing a black wash of the parts once you are done with painting?

It's definitely something that I've thought a lot about. At the time I was finishing the helmet, I decided against it. Was worried about ruining the work I had already done. Never done a wash before and I'm not very artsy.

It's definitely something that I've thought a lot about. At the time I was finishing the helmet, I decided against it. Was worried about ruining the work I had already done. Never done a wash before and I'm not very artsy.

You could always try the wash on a smaller piece or on some scrap first. It'd give you a chance to practice and experiment without ruining your work.

Man that **** is awesome. Absolutely love it. Can I ask for the scalling did you do it to like within 4 mm of the measurement of your head? Of did you add a buffer. Say 15 mm on each side or 20mm? To fit the padding and what not. I'm going to be building one of theses for me and my son. Scalling is my biggest worry.

You could always try the wash on a smaller piece or on some scrap first. It'd give you a chance to practice and experiment without ruining your work.

Maybe I will give it a shot on the forearms I'm almost done with and then can go back to the helmet. I don't have any scrap pieces and it's a look I really want.

Man that **** is awesome. Absolutely love it. Can I ask for the scalling did you do it to like within 4 mm of the measurement of your head? Of did you add a buffer. Say 15 mm on each side or 20mm? To fit the padding and what not. I'm going to be building one of theses for me and my son. Scalling is my biggest worry.

Here's what I actually used to scale the helmet. I drew a straight line on the paper. Put my head on the desk and had my wife grab a ruler, put it up next to my ears and add marks. I guesstimated the size on the scaling menu and then used the pepakura measure distance between points tool until I got the number for the opening that matched my measurement + about 4mm. Got a little worried at first that the helmet depth would be wrong but it ended up coming out perfect using this method.

20160906_085639.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back