Props custom halo remote controled warthog

Status
Not open for further replies.

locostorm

Jr Member
So for a wile I haven't posted here because of school and stuff but now that I have time again I thought I would show all you wonderful people my latest project. It's the mcflaron halo reach warthog on a redcat everest. Let me know what you guys think and let me know if you have any other suggestions for what else I could do to it.

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

I'm so sorry, but I've been laughing so hard. xD

But more seriously - I don't know what to think. You didn't provide a lot of info, etc. From most of the photos you could think it's just a regular Hog with two Spartans... but from that one photo - it's huuuuge underbase.

Sorry about not putting to much info in it I was pressed for time. It is a warthog that I took the wheels off and cut it some with my dremel and then I put some velcro on the bottom so I could attach it to the rig itself. It has one of the tires I cut off sitting in the back where the turret is supposed to be ( it didn't come with one) and I hot-glued the wheel and the guns in the back. It has a energy sword, a magnum, a plasma rifle, a shotgun, and a smg on it.

This is fantastic. I've love to do this to my own car but I've only got one (Traxxas Slash Ultimate 4x4) but I'm afraid that I beat the hell out of it whenever I run it, so the warthog would take on a but too much damage to make it worth while. This would be a great mod for a lower powered 'parade' driver RC car though.

This is fantastic. I've love to do this to my own car but I've only got one (Traxxas Slash Ultimate 4x4) but I'm afraid that I beat the hell out of it whenever I run it, so the warthog would take on a but too much damage to make it worth while. This would be a great mod for a lower powered 'parade' driver RC car though.

Ya I know it takes a lot of damage because its a hard body. The way I lowered it was I put traxxas emax shocks in it. Also as a crawler it takes quite a bit of damage when I roll (i did once and broke the windshield) I'm now getting a light kit for it and then I don't know what ill do with it. I was thinking of drilling a hole through the fake winch and put a working one in there but I don't know. Here are some new pics I took hope they are a bit better. IMAG0213.jpg
IMAG0214.jpg
IMAG0215.jpg
IMAG0217.jpg

Ha! I see the damage on the windshield. It's not too bad, plus aren't crawlers typically driven at slower speeds? I'm not sure how different scale vs crawler guys are or if that's often one of the same group.

I'm just getting back into the hobby myself. I don't spend a lot on it since I've got a good working truck, but I replaced the center diff gear and recharged the battery so I'm hoping to take it out soon. I'd love to go for some good offroad/dirt tires but they're too much for me to want to pay for right now.

Ya I know it takes a lot of damage because its a hard body. The way I lowered it was I put traxxas emax shocks in it. Also as a crawler it takes quite a bit of damage when I roll (i did once and broke the windshield) I'm now getting a light kit for it and then I don't know what ill do with it. I was thinking of drilling a hole through the fake winch and put a working one in there but I don't know. Here are some new pics I took hope they are a bit better. View attachment 28824
View attachment 28825
View attachment 28826
View attachment 28827
cool thanks man looks great

Ha! I see the damage on the windshield. It's not too bad, plus aren't crawlers typically driven at slower speeds? I'm not sure how different scale vs crawler guys are or if that's often one of the same group.

I'm just getting back into the hobby myself. I don't spend a lot on it since I've got a good working truck, but I replaced the center diff gear and recharged the battery so I'm hoping to take it out soon. I'd love to go for some good offroad/dirt tires but they're too much for me to want to pay for right now.
no not but thier is similaritys but crawlers aren't usesly scaled and scal rigs usely drive on smaller versions of real off road tracks and crawlers usesly have a two stage transmsion so they can go pretty fast. By the way I'm jealous you got the slash I got the mini e-revo Vxl and frinken flys :D

cool thanks man looks great

no not but thier is similaritys but crawlers aren't usesly scaled and scal rigs usely drive on smaller versions of real off road tracks and crawlers usesly have a two stage transmsion so they can go pretty fast. By the way I'm jealous you got the slash thI got the mini e-revo Vxl and frinken flys :D

thanks for all the interest. I just put in a light kit today and will get you guys pics ASAP.

thanks for all the interest. I just put in a light kit today and will get you guys pics ASAP.
Sounds cool talking about sound ever thought about a sound kit?
Ps. If you want to do but Don't know how to do the programming I could send you the sound files?

Sounds cool talking about sound ever thought about a sound kit?
Ps. If you want to do but Don't know how to do the programming I could send you the sound files?
I was thinking about it but the body is already pretty full of wires and such from the lights. If I could find the room to do it I would but I don't think it will fit.

I was thinking about it but the body is already pretty full of wires and such from the lights. If I could find the room to do it I would but I don't think it will fit.
Maybe you could put it in the back wheel if you hole it out

Maybe you could put it in the back wheel if you hole it out

I already put the control box for the lights there. I could maybe put it in the front where the engine would go but I don't really want to cut into it anymore. And since it is a crawler it needs to be light and the body is getting pretty heavy as it is even if I take the two action figures out it still gets tippy when I go crawling and you saw what happened the last time I rolled it. The last thing I want to do to it for right now is maybe put a working winch in it.

I already put the control box for the lights there. I could maybe put it in the front where the engine would go but I don't really want to cut into it anymore. And since it is a crawler it needs to be light and the body is getting pretty heavy as it is even if I take the two action figures out it still gets tippy when I go crawling and you saw what happened the last time I rolled it. The last thing I want to do to it for right now is maybe put a working winch in it.
Yea good point. Didn't think of that
by the way how big is the body (middle of the front wheel arch to the middle of the back wheel arch) and where did you get from because I'm thinking of doing something like it to my old traxxas stamped

Yea good point. Didn't think of that
by the way how big is the body (middle of the front wheel arch to the middle of the back wheel arch) and where did you get from because I'm thinking of doing something like it to my old traxxas stamped

I got it from eBay it was a toy I just cut to make it fit. And the wheel base is about 11-12 inches. I got it for $45 but you might be able to find one cheaper. Still haven't gotten new pics. I have been working a lot lately. Just got some more guns for in the back to so I have to put them in too.

I got it from eBay it was a toy I just cut to make it fit. And the wheel base is about 11-12 inches. I got it for $45 but you might be able to find one cheaper. Still haven't gotten new pics. I have been working a lot lately. Just got some more guns for in the back to so I have to put them in too.
Cool thanks man

Sorry it has been so long I have been pretty busy lately and just finished working on if for now. Lights are in and I added more things in the back. Let me know what you think. IMAG0220.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg
IMAG0222.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back