Halo 4/5 Recruit Spartan Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcan Armory

Hey guys! This is my Halo 4/5 Spartan Recruit armor. I have been building this suit within this past year. Due to schooling, I've been building it in sections. First I built all the armor pieces, then a foam under suit, the helmet, and then just a few days ago I finished my Halo 5 DMR.

The armor was made out of EVA foam and craft foam. I gather tons of reference images and I spend days, maybe a week, studying the armor and finding a good place to start. In doing so, I study the geometry and break it down into different parts and mentally build the armor piece. Then I grab my paper and drafting tools and I hand draft every piece and every detail by hand. The helmet was the only part that used pepakura. I did made my own vacuum forming machine to make the visor! The DMR is made of 80% MDF wood, 19% 3D printing, and 1% EVA foam.

If you guys have any questions I'd love to go into way more depth discussing how I made my armor!

Attachments

• IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    742.5 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 446
I thought along similar lines thinking it was just a bit shiny......then though, "Wait, it's a recruit suit.....hasn't earned its battle damage yet". Looks great though. Fantastic job on it.

I for one am actually a fan of the "immaculate" look as oppose to the "weathered" from time to time. not every suit has to be battle damaged. Looks fantastic bro.

I think it looks great as well and I agree, we don't need all the salty Spartans with years of battle hogging the limelight. It's good to see a Spartan who's kept his looking good, you could almost say this is his "inspection ready" armor!

It is my first spartan suit and initially, I didn't want to weather it. I wanted to wear it "clean." I have been incredibly busy working on orders for my Titanfall IMC Pilot helmet kit so I haven't had time to go back to it and weather it. It will be done though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back