Need foam templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaterb

Hey, I have been looking for a decent template for some foam Halo armor, I would personally prefer Mark armor from halo 5. Thanks for the help.

Search the File Archive, you'll find plenty of foam templates for armor from pretty much every game that came out.

arent most templates for pepakura -> paper? is there a difference between foam and paper templates? i decided to trie foam first and all i find are paper templates ...

The majority are for paper but if you do a search in the archives, you can find all of the foam templates.

Oh....I need to learn how to do that.......Do you? PM please.......

arent most templates for pepakura -> paper? is there a difference between foam and paper templates? i decided to trie foam first and all i find are paper templates ...

There are many foam files as well, Pretzel made by himself A WHOLE DAMN LOT files for foam.
You can seriously find many armors and stuff for foam, if not most.
But, Pretzel covered most of the Halo 4 and even quite few Halo 5 armors himself, and since Halo 5 continues the Halo 4 armors... yah.

Only real differense is you don't need the flaps for foam. Some pieces are not even needed from paper template as you can use the thickness of foam for those. So yes you can use paper templates to create foam armor, just constantly consult the pepakura software as you progress. Usually templates that are made specificly for foam have large smooth pieces and tend to be less detailted to their paper counterparts. Foam has to be cut into a angle rather, unlike paper that can be folded.

Just for referense, I made this halo reach jetpack in the picture out of foam from the paper templates.
11999611_472680989567116_1359318716741308148_o.jpg

Foam definitely is different from paper. If you have enough experience you can just look at a paper template and see which pieces need to be thrown out, and if you're even better you can make your own patterns. Just make sure to get CLEAN CUTS!!! Clean cuts are the seeds of success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back