IT'S HERE!!! Things are about to get Legendary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH OH OH OH NO MY MONEY! Whatever will I do? It's basically $400 for CAD so I wonder if it is worth the price of a new mobo to get this...

I figured I'd take the plunge for the community and see what we get. Worst case I end up selling stuff.

CAD = Canadia dollars. Yes, I said Canadia on purpose. Also, for gals like Mara Palmer, they live on another continent and shipping between the two bends you over a barrel and has a field day with the experience. Had a chap in England, ironically a relative, send me a mirror for my car and the postage was twice what I paid for the mirror itself.

Oh, I thought the shipping was fixed. It said $5 shipping per crate on the site before getting to the "cart" screen.

They used to have a fixed shipping rate if I remember correctly but they changed that as the demand and popularity increased.... Or it may have been a different sub box... Can't remember anymore.

Hey IshidaRyusei , could you tell us the theme of the next crate(s) when you know it?

What I think I hear you saying Chernobyl is that some people are going to sell their loot individually?? That's smart, both for the seller and the buyer. There is undoubtedly going to be something the crate owner isn't stoked about and they can recoup some of their money by selling it online.. Is that against any rules of the loot box company I wonder..

When I know you'll know, you have my word on that and yeah, I plan to sell anything I don't want. Nothing states you can't resell items from the crate.

Well, they shown us the "exclusive figures" people will be receiving with crates.

(mind that these two are SEPARATE figures that you'll be able to connect, meaning you'll have to get 2 crates to make this)

Now I'm seriously concerned with these crates. I heard and hoped it would be something from the Mattel's figures they are releasing now.
But this?! Seriously THIS?!

Oh well, Red and Blue multiplayer Spartan IVs with Mark IV armor. Halo 5's armor I see, same as rifles, but Mark IV points to Halo Wars 2 or the hype.

Also, some people immediately started to think about the RvB thing.
//I'll be honest - I don't care about RvB at all, it isn't part of Halo to me. Well, because it isn't and won't ever be canon to Halo, just a different universe, characters made in Halo game modes.
I wouldn't have thought such figurines will be in these crates.//

What are they worth? They look like 5$... 10$ TOPS.
Where will the rest of the money go? They said Halo Crate will be worth 60-65$.
Such bigger things like figures are always the center, the best part of it...
So, now I'm seriously concerned...

Earlier I ordered 1 Loot Crate and cancelled, because I was seriously thinking about ordering the 6 Crates thing for that pin.
Now? It ain't happening NOPE.
Now I'm just debating whether to buy that one crate or not.

https://z-1-scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcd...586_o.jpg?_nc_eui=shw8VY4vfvtXiWI02t4CVMYTbYw

THOSE are the figures?! That looks like a McDonald's happy meal prize or something..

And judging by the lack of detail, these can't be very big.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The only word coming to my mind, looking at those figures is: AWFUL! :wacko

AND this is only the painting on the prototypes. The actual figures always have worse paintjobs.

Wow, such negative feedback already I swear we're talking about Griffon Enterprise! With any due luck these will likely be either Funko brand or some other fairly standard brand for these. Either way it's unlikely they'll be pairing up with a Japanese company to make these so it's going to naturally be on the mildly lower end of the spectrum when it comes to figure quality. I'll be surprised if it turns out to be Banpresto or one of those prize figure brands but to be honest I wans't expecting much in regards to the figure. End of the day though, don't diss the figure based on the prototype sometimes the figure is s***tier than the proto, On par with the proto or exceeds the proto (More common in Jap figs that it exceeds the proto *Drools over my grails*). These will likely be the one of the first two but who knows, we may just get lucky. All I'm saying is wait for the review and don't knock it just yet.

FAQ page made it pretty clear it will be either figure or shirt, you won't get both in single crate. However it should be pointed out the wording on post was along the lines 'IF there's t-shirt'.

Just saying this but a shirt in every or almost every box is fairly standard for loot crate regardless of the box in question.

Phew! That was a lot to go through!

I don't know about this, I'm going to wait till the last moments in august after the con I'm going to. I'll blow the remaining con funds if we get more info.

They did say there will be exclusive in-game content which I'm a sucker for.

I don't know about this, I'm going to wait till the last moments in august after the con I'm going to. I'll blow the remaining con funds if we get more info.

They did say there will be exclusive in-game content which I'm a sucker for.

Same, I'm trying to get an Xbox soon for that reason >.>

I don't want you disappointed people, but that in-game content might be just REQ packs for Halo 5... ^^"

Loot Crate made a Galaxy themed crate in December 2015 and it had a Halo themed lunch box and a REQ pack... with crap inside. ^^'

- - - Updated - - -

You're in luck then, the xb1 slim should be coming out so new ones should be getting cheap. Used even cheaper!

Whereas the Slim will be very cheap.

I don't want you disappointed people, but that in-game content might be just REQ packs for Halo 5... ^^"

Loot Crate made a Galaxy themed crate in December 2015 and it had a Halo themed lunch box and a REQ pack... with crap inside. ^^'

- - - Updated - - -

Whereas the Slim will be very cheap.
Only 500 gigs on the slim. I wouldn't touch it. Not with "Scorpio" teased.

I only have a 500Gb as well, just like in my kinext version of the 360 I just dismantled hard drives and jerry rigged them in there.

At least with the 1 you can use most 7500rpm drives after formatting.

And I am fully expecting the game exclusives to be req packs too, which is sad. At least with Bungie we'd most definitely get some cool exclusive like the fabled blue/red flaming heads.

Scorpio will probably be $600 - $1000. Which is a joke for a console.

Plus you can get a slim with 500GB, 1TB or 2TB. 2TB being $349.99. Considering there's no Scorpio exclusives, so you can play the same games on either console, the slim is by far the way to go. Unless whoever is buying is rich.

Scorpio will probably be $600 - $1000. Which is a joke for a console.

Plus you can get a slim with 500GB, 1TB or 2TB. 2TB being $349.99. Considering there's no Scorpio exclusives, so you can play the same games on either console, the slim is by far the way to go. Unless whoever is buying is rich.
We're not ready for exclusives on Scorpio because that suggests a new generation. Instead, maybe it allows us to play splitscreen when XB1 owners won't be able to.

I wouldn't bother regardless. It's been confirmed that the Scorpio will only be an upgrade for 4K gamers - otherwise there's no discernible difference between the original XBone. Save your money.

I wouldn't bother regardless. It's been confirmed that the Scorpio will only be an upgrade for 4K gamers - otherwise there's no discernible difference between the original XBone. Save your money.
Well the "most powerful console ever made" better be more than that.

We're not ready for exclusives on Scorpio because that suggests a new generation. Instead, maybe it allows us to play splitscreen when XB1 owners won't be able to.

Well they need a selling point. Right now it's just 'games will be prettier'. Obviously we'll learn more down the line, but in recent years I haven't trusted Microsoft with anything.

Yeah, Scorpio will only be an upgrade for 4k and most likely VR and such things.

Also, they confirmed there will be no exclusives for Scorpio and ALL games will be released on ALL Xbox Ones - normal Slim and Scoprio.

I went and bought the 1TB guardians edition on sunday. Not as cheap as I'd have liked for a recycled/refurbed console but meh. At least I've been able to get a couple matching controllers for it to go with the one it came with :D just need one more MC controller then I'll have a full set of four with two chief and two Locke controllers >:-D

I went and bought the 1TB guardians edition on sunday. Not as cheap as I'd have liked for a recycled/refurbed console but meh. At least I've been able to get a couple matching controllers for it to go with the one it came with :D just need one more MC controller then I'll have a full set of four with two chief and two Locke controllers >:-D

Did you ever get the Crate? I can't find any unboxing videos on the Tube of Yous to know if I really want to spend the cheddar to get it..

Received my crate today and I am very happy. The hoodie and personalized Spartan induction are the best parts.
Oh and a nice shout out to the 405th in there!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back