ThreeA Spartan Thorne fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstPick

Member DIN
S509
If you bought one of the ThreeA Halo figures over the past few years, you know they come close to being very good collectables, but something always catches your eye in a negative way.

Recently, I bought the Spartan Thorne piece with the intention of fixing a few of his flaws that kept distracting me: Hip pads and undersuit color.

This is what the figure looks like out of the package.
uploadfromtaptalk1467393984188.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467393997473.png
uploadfromtaptalk1467394013221.png

You can see the silver undersuit and the displaced hip pads.
-- I removed the hip pads, filled in the old gaps with craft foam and super glued the pads into the correct place. (They were originally glued and it seems everything is just glued on this figure.)
uploadfromtaptalk1467394174325.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467394045687.jpg

-- Now for the paint. Thorne and his fire team all have black undersuits with blue accents down the chest, back and hips.
I used farbic paint to keep the ability to move the figure and let the rubber undersuit flex.
uploadfromtaptalk1467394285609.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467394302553.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467394325994.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467394363931.jpg

The actual armor was a pale blue before, but now it looks even lighter. I may tackle that next. Until then, I think I improved this figure a bunch on the aesthetic side.

I really hope you're happy with the figure, because to many people (and me among them) the ThreeA's Halo 4 figures have been a total disaster, especially Master Chief. :/
I wouldn't pay even half the price for any of these...

But damn! Are you serious?! Thorne didn't even have the undersuit painted?!

As for those hip plates, they were in the correct place before. They were, but 3A didn't really do a good job on the design, leaving the gaps.

I really hope you're happy with the figure, because to many people (and me among them) the ThreeA's Halo 4 figures have been a total disaster, especially Master Chief. :/
I wouldn't pay even half the price for any of these...

But damn! Are you serious?! Thorne didn't even have the undersuit painted?!

As for those hip plates, they were in the correct place before. They were, but 3A didn't really do a good job on the design, leaving the gaps.
Correct place -- as in where they molded the gaps.
I paid $66 for him. So I am happy. At that price, he's a good figure.

Correct place -- as in where they molded the gaps.
I paid $66 for him. So I am happy. At that price, he's a good figure.

Oh, I mean where they glued them, it was the correct place as in correct height, however something looked really weird with such gap.
Looking at the crotch and hips, it is the correct height they used, however - looked weird.

66$?! Damn, this IS definitely worth it! :D The retail price for these was originally 200-250$.

MJOLNIR_Recruit.png

Oh, I mean where they glued them, it was the correct place as in correct height, however something looked really weird with such gap.
Looking at the crotch and hips, it is the correct height they used, however - looked weird.

66$?! Damn, this IS definitely worth it! :D The retail price for these was originally 200-250$.

View attachment 28886
That's why I picked him up for $66. Also grabbed Carter for $90

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back