First foam cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus117

Hello !

I started to build Fred's Centurion armor two weeks ago. I'm almost done with the helmet. Here's some pics of the WIP. Don't hesitate to give me some advice and your opinion, I'm a beginner 20160713_001321[1].jpg :)

Ps: Thanks to Chernobyl who made the 3D model of the helmet which is helping me a lot !IMG_20160712_133305[1].jpg

It looks good. Very smooth curves.

What do you mean when you say free handing ?
Basically, freehanding is when you create templates either from scratch on paper, or directly on the foam, by eye. The alternative to freehanding is typically the use of modified pepepuka templates.

So he's basically asking if you used a template from a 3D model, or if you made the parts from your own design.

I'm taking my time to try making it correct, your comment is encouraging blackout !
I used the templates of the Centurion helmet in the "file archives" but changed a bit some parts to adapt them for the foam. Most of the little details weren't adaptable so I had to create templates for these (the round part of the back for example).

Wow. I continue to be amazed what people can do with foam. I would flunk it so bad! :lol

Keep up the great work! I shall be watching!

Nicely done......we'll have to compare notes as I'm doing the pep route of the Centurion. Looks great.

I made my foam at start, from a pepakura file here, delete the small parts, but halfway i just took my halo5 statue and started creating the pieces on sight and refined them over and over again, it was a better way to scale it how I liked.

I added a part of the helmet's right and left side, here's the picture! :) 20160716_101020[1].jpg (I don't why but the picture still appear reversed...)

Fantastic!!! Looking awesome.....how's the rest of the suit coming along?

Thanks ! :D I've been absent for the past two weeks so I just finished the helmet (except foamies). I'm gonna start the torso soon !

You're also making the Centurion armor ? Great !

I also wanted your opinion about the scale of the torso: 6.25 (I'm 1,81 m). Do you think 24 cm are enough for the "holes" on the sides ? I ask that because i'm afraid I made my helmet a lil too big, there's 1cm between the helmet and my neck in the back, althought I didn't pad it yet ( I think there's a lot in real spartans helmet).

Dude, when it came to sizing......I suck. My current Centurion helmet is the 4th attempt which I am working on now.
First attempt:IMG-20160621-01329.jpgcurrent helmet:IMG-20160718-01398.jpg difference in size:IMG-20160621-01330.jpg

The chest piece was a bit easier to do but still took 2 tries. I'm not familiar w/ cm and mm being American.......not an excuse but never had a need until now. I measured myself from cod to collar bone and transferred that to mm in Pep. Printed out the front of the chest only in regular paper and did a test piece. First was too small but the next attempt was just right........Sound like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears........You can't go by the arm holes. You need to go by either the length or width of your body.

IMG-20160718-01399.jpgtest piece which is now in foaming stage.....IMG-20160801-01422.jpg and I'm in the middle of hot gluing it together right now. I've got enough wiggle room to add lights on the inside w/o it being too tight.

Wow, you sized it perfectly ! I guess i'm gonna have to start again my helmet ( but when i will be done with the torso/ shoulder/ arms). Can you tell me please which scale you used for your torso and helmet ( and the size of the hole to pass your head) ? Thanks for your help ! :)

Wow, you sized it perfectly ! I guess i'm gonna have to start again my helmet ( but when i will be done with the torso/ shoulder/ arms). Can you tell me please which scale you used for your torso and helmet ( and the size of the hole to pass your head) ? Thanks for your help ! :)
Believe it or not......after I finished putting the lower portion of the helmet together.....I couldn't get my head in. After I finish hardening it, I'm going to have to either cut the opening wider or put the helmet on a hinge so I can basically close the helmet on my head rather than slip in over my head. As for the scale......I'll have to get that later on. It's on my home computer (At work right now). But there are stickies on how to size properly rather than how I did it.......which was more hit or miss method......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back