First Build: Spartan Emile and Spartan Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say who ever had them last is responsible.......but is was like a train wreck....you couldn't NOT watch it to see how dumb they are. Any way, getting back to the build vivalablake89 ​everything is looking FANTASTIC!!!! as usual......

Im very jelly of your foam work vivalablake89 , Dirtdives , you clearly have something against Canadians, but they are so nice, even though they have the occasional prime minister that gives people the "Sherwinigan handshake" (chokes them)

I have nothing against Canadians.......I poke fun at everyone. Including myself. I'm an equal opportunity poker of fun.

Thank you MasterSensie! and yes Dives pokes fun at everyone and it makes my day so much better :D:thumbsup, even though I'm enclosed by the wall now lol another perfect example of his equal opportunity agenda.

Update: So we forgot to take pics of the test fit for her waist and below this weekend but I assure you everything fits... Ill make sure she tries everything on again tonight and take pics. But we did start coating everything in PVA glue this weekend to get ready for the dreaded plastidip treatment :sick anyways I need to pick up said product and new covers for my respirator last time I could smell some chemicals seeping thru not good .....
Also started on the arm not the mechanical one, I really have no idea how I should go about making that one, I saw LilTyrant thread on her Kat not to long ago which was amazing and her arm was perfect! so I'm going try and use that as an example, anyways here is some Mark V forearm shots for you to hold you over. Seeing about starting the bicep tonight and shoulders this week sometime.

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Im keepin my eye out for the robot arm.

Haha I'm dreading it... I'm not very good when it comes to free hand stuff and its been awhile, hopefully I can manage and with the skills I've acquired from pep/foam files maybe it might not look half bad lol. Here's to having my fingers crossed ;)

So I've been kinda slacking over the Holidays, first off schankers has officially turned me into a Destiny fanatic, so that has taken up quite a bit of my time haha. Anyways its a small update but this past weekend I was able to get some work done for both suits. First off I really wanted to get these out of the way so I started a little assembly line of the grenades on Emile's belt. As usual I forgot to take a pic of the completed ones but the one on tip is a finished product. I must say those slits on the top to make the rounded tip was very frustrating and time consuming, one of the reasons I forgot to take a pic was because I was exhausted afterwards.
photo 1.JPG

You can also see my wife's cod piece half assembled in that pic as well, managed to also assemble the shoulder plates as well.
photo 2.JPG

All that's left is that pain in the ass prosthetic arm, and the Helmet. Currently trying to get the helmet done tonight, Spacemeat was kind enough to send me the link to the perfect file for it so hopefully I'll have it assembled by tonight or tomorrow depending if I get my lazy holiday ass in to gear. That's all for now folks, hoping to have a mid week update so see you then.

Dude, I just went through all this amazingness, and I saw this on your wall...
do you really.png
BWAHAHAHAH!!! love that poster!(y)
of course, the real poster's UFO is tilted the other way. just saying.;)
all the copies are made differently to retain authenticity of the originals. (as you, of course, knew)

amazing build, and keep searching for little green men.

no. don't really. everyone will think you're a lunatic when you tell them aliens (or a businessman who sells vacuums) abducted you sister.:D

and, MAN I can't wait to see that robot arm! Err...prosthetic arm... Eh.
there's this one if you need reference images: (you've probably seen it, but I'm just checking)
It's by Lil'Tyrant, and it's got a sweet prosthetic.
Kat-Armor-Build-Halo-Reach-LilTyrant-image-2-e1353555774176.jpg

View attachment 238121 BWAHAHAHAH!!! love that poster!(y)
all the copies are made differently to retain authenticity of the originals. (as you, of course, knew)

no. don't really. everyone will think you're a lunatic when you tell them aliens (or a businessman who sells vacuums) abducted you sister.:D

You'd be pleased to know that I too have Mulder's famous poster, along with a map of Middle Earth. Still need to buy a halo poster though...

Hehe, nice!
I keep meaning to get Fox...Err, Mulder's;) poster, but it hasn't happened yet. I, also want a Halo poster.
I'm looking to get one that isn't too awfully nerdy or dumb looking. That said, I really like Halo art, and especially concept art with significance and sadness, so I'd like to get a piece of art converted to a poster. maybe I'll post a thread where we can talk about this...continue this conversation HERE

Back On topic!

Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side Blake, once Destiny has you there's no escaping it, your free time now belongs to shooting aliens and looking tirelessly for high value target patrols. :p

Your grenades look fantastic! Glad I could be there for that photo! XD Have you looked into seeing if those tennis balls would be the same size to act as the domed section yet? Kay build is coming along wonderfully! Can't wait to see how the helmet turns out! Good luck pal and I'll see you in orbit soon. ;)

Dude. That armor is seriously one of the better ones I've seen. I've looked for the templates by the way (the ones by L3XBLU3RIV3R), but I can't seem to find them. Are they modified for foam or did you make it with standard pep files? It would be really nice if you could link them. Thanks!

I should've probably linked this awhile back lol, anyways I'm having a little trouble with my computer trying to upload the files directly but I will link the thread and give you a details on which files I used.

First here is L3X's thread L3X's File Database

its in the first post on the thread and the files are linked under Halo Reach Foam Files, so they are already edited for foam no modification necessary.

Here is the list of the files I used under that category
file 2: Chest
file 3: bicep
file 5: Thigh (I edited this one a little and threw some templates back into the mix but its all left up to you and the way you work with foam.)
file 6: Shin
file 7: Cod
file 11: Forearm

Hope that helps if anything you can PM and I'll try the link the files there.

Quite a bit of grenades you got there. What is your progress on the helmet????

View attachment 238121 BWAHAHAHAH!!! love that poster!(y)

and, MAN I can't wait to see that robot arm! Err...prosthetic arm... Eh.
there's this one if you need reference images: (you've probably seen it, but I'm just checking)
It's by Lil'Tyrant, and it's got a sweet prosthetic.
View attachment 238122

First off "the Truth is Out there!"
Second, thank you for the kind words Mblackwell ;)
Third, yes Lil'Tyrant's build is amazing! I think she free handed the arm, which I'm terrible at free handing and wish there was a file for it that was that good sadly I have not come across one. Though I will try my best and make attempts to make it lol wish me luck.

You'd be pleased to know that I too have Mulder's famous poster, along with a map of Middle Earth. Still need to buy a halo poster though...

Dude I'm with you there I have all these Starwars, Marvel, and anime posters. But no Halo :( although my walls are lined with armor components they still fell empty without some much needed Haloverse mixed into the fold. Need to find a really decent halo poster soon...

Welcome to the dark side Blake, once Destiny has you there's no escaping it, your free time now belongs to shooting aliens and looking tirelessly for high value target patrols. :p

Your grenades look fantastic! Glad I could be there for that photo! XD Have you looked into seeing if those tennis balls would be the same size to act as the domed section yet? Kay build is coming along wonderfully! Can't wait to see how the helmet turns out! Good luck pal and I'll see you in orbit soon. ;)

Still trying to get to light level 390 by weeks end LMAO...

Unfortunately I have one destroyed tennis ball now lol the tops didn't quite fit and also when I peeled away the fur it hade these little dimple marks all over, they probably could've been filled but they just ended up being to big :( but after countless hours of hesitation I was able to get my lazy ass to work and finish them. The foam and slits seemed to work fine and any creases should be fine with some filler and smoothing over the edges.

Alright so update time, first off I totally forgot I had made this about a week ago and forgot to post on it, but here is the finished bicep, I'll also add it fits perfectly to wife's very thin arm lol.
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Also finished the grenades finally, just need to coat with PVA and plasti-dip and then I have to get started on making the belt for the waist.
photo 1.JPG

And I started the helmet as well, was able to get the top half assembled and plan on finishing the rest tonight. Another big thanks to Spacemeat !
photo 5.JPG
photo.JPG

Instead of using tennis balls you could try a handball. no fuzz and you would be able to cut along the seam to keep the cut straight. Everything is looking FANTASTIC!!!! Great job man.

That's too bad the tennis balls didn't turn out, but at least you got those tops done nonetheless! Your will power is truly remarkable. And would you look at that helmet!!!!
IMG_2640.GIF

Can't wait to see that completed!
And 390 by the end of the week huh? Looks like I may have to carry your ass through a raid this weekend! ;)
Keep up the awesome work!

Oh! Also four posts on your one thread in the span of half an hour Blake??? I think someones trying to catch up to Dirtdives in post numbers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back