Side Project Time! Code Name: SUMMER FUN ( A Swimsuit Cortana project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IshidaRyusei, I do apologize for my earlier comment. As Chernobyl said, it was an act/comment of immaturity on my part. I apologize to you, and you only. But on the same note Chernobyl, I do not appreciate the implied notion of questionable conduct at a public location, beach or otherwise. I will take any reprimand you deem appropriate for my comments here, but do not slander my conduct outside this forum. Something you know nothing about. Going forward I will curtail my comments and contain my self. No need to continue this conversation and tarnish this thread any more than it has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Dirtdives for your apology.

Moving on, I found something moons better than my original plan for the paintjobb :D We carry metallicfabric paint markers and that will work perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:
[/QUOTE]

Moving on, I found something moons better than my original plan for the paintjobb :D We carry metallicfabric paint markers and that will work perfectly![/QUOTE]

Make sure there water proof it would be a pity if all your hard work goes to the sea

Are these new markers something recent that your store released? You're making great progress with this, too.
If only someone could create a Guilty Spark beach ball to carry around. :cool

Moving on, I found something moons better than my original plan for the paintjobb :D We carry metallicfabric paint markers and that will work perfectly![/QUOTE]

Make sure there water proof it would be a pity if all your hard work goes to the sea[/QUOTE]

I intend to do a test first and then go from there.

Are these new markers something recent that your store released? You're making great progress with this, too.
If only someone could create a Guilty Spark beach ball to carry around. :cool

Haha I don't think so but I had time to give the craft section a thorough look the other day and was very pleased. A Guilty Spark beach ball! Now that's an idea! I wonder if I could commission that >.>

Small update, I was able to purchase most of the necessary items for this project and am now just working on the patterns for the top and bottoms as well as playing with the accessorization a bit. I bought a nice brown coverup with an open front as well as a camo blue piece thingamy to tie around my arm and a water pistol. The good news is that the paint should be waterproof and is just in need of a treatment to set it into the fabric and bond it to the fibres.

Just finished the vector template for the bottoms and now I'm working on the tops :D Bought some elastic and a parachute clip to make a holster for the pistol too. Once I finish and print the templates I just need to trace and paint them onto the bikini.
IMG_20160728_0001.png

Another update incoming! I just finished the bust template and the leg holster for my water pistol. Very pleased with the holster as the construction was super simple and cheap and took me a whole of ten minutes to make. (I'll post photos of the holster later but I love it.) Anyways, here's my template for the bikini top's design.View attachment Bust Template.png

Started painting on the patterns with the markers I found. Only problem is the smaller details simply because the markers are broadtip T^T.
DSCN2772.JPG
DSCN2773.JPG
DSCN2774.JPG

If you're careful, you can cut down the tip of the marker to the size you need w/ an Exato knife or similar blade.

In all honesty it's not that bad overall and while a bit messy it still looks good. I can always go in and touch up in the future but for a first run I am pleased and with a good amount of control I was able to capture most details.

So Swim!Cortana is almost finished and I am going to heat set her this friday when I get the chance. The full ensemble will also receive a testago. The only thing I need to do now is find a second dogtag.

Here's the finished swimsuit! I'm really pleased with the end result :D Also, please forgive the incoming booty shot. I painted the bum so I wanted to show it off. I've taken a pic of each of the three ways I'm planning to wear her too sunday :3 I'm really excited ^^
DSCN2776.JPG
DSCN2778.JPG
DSCN2782.JPG
DSCN2781.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back