Sean's Halo 3 ODST Build (Sean Bradley Armour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well do you like the rustoleum satin nickel? I got their weathered steel paint for my M6 and it was gooey and mostly a negative. I'm not sure if i just got a bad can or what.

How well do you like the rustoleum satin nickel? I got their weathered steel paint for my M6 and it was gooey and mostly a negative. I'm not sure if i just got a bad can or what.

I'm actually not a big fan of the rustoleum paints, I always seem to have trouble with them.

I still don't think the paint is 100% adhered as it would with another paint, but it seems to be holding alright so far (it crinkled really bad and just fell off when I initially sprayed the black for the handle on, and had to restart that whole section). Only reason I went that paint is because it was the colour I wanted, and was a satin finish. If there had been a similar colour in another brand I would definitely buy that instead. The brand I've been using for the helmet/armour is a 'cheap' brand (about $8 a can) but I have never had any problems with it and it always seems to work as it is meant to.

Glad I'm not alone then. I had a ton of trouble with their weathered steel, and less trouble with the satin nickel. Trying to find a good replacement has been quite the issue so far.

Nice to see another with the same kit. Love your paint job so far to your helmet. Love the pistol too, the detail is just perfect.

There's some really good ideas you've done on here that's different. I might need to pick your brain a bit when I get further along on my kit. I just barely started trimming and made a mistake I gotta fix. Otherwise This just is starting to feel more simple now.

Thanks for the comments guys! Sorry for the lack of updates, but I have been working hard to get everything ready for PAX Aus which was this weekend that just went. Overall everything came together really well and very happy with the final product.

I'll update with details of my strapping and build after next week when I get home from another con, where I'll hopefully get to meet Nathan Fillion.

Post any questions you may have, I'll do my best to answer or take detailed photos of you are interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back