Props Halo BoomCo guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedRhyme713

Jr Member
Hi Everyone

Im near the end of collecting all my stuff for my halo build my last thing is a weapon I'm a new person to building armour and prop work

Im currently summing up my options of building a magnum or purchasing a Boomco model and respraying it ?

Any help is welcome

Kind Regards

Matt

Ultimately, it comes down to what you'd prefer: gather the funds and resources to create the magnum from scratch via trial and error with pepakura, foam, or other mediums...or just tweaking a BoomCo.

Browse the forums for ideas but at the end of the day it really depends whether you want to build it or not. Hope this helped a little :eek:)

Ultimately, it comes down to what you'd prefer: gather the funds and resources to create the magnum from scratch via trial and error with pepakura, foam, or other mediums...or just tweaking a BoomCo.

Browse the forums for ideas but at the end of the day it really depends whether you want to build it or not. Hope this helped a little :eek:)

I will take a looks thanks my aim was to take a boomco gun and repaint it or to look for a eva template

- - - Updated - - -

I will take a looks thanks my aim was to take a boomco gun and repaint it or to look for a eva template

I like some BoomCos, not all, but some are a nice base for a prop - you can mod them and repaint them and they look nice.

Thought I'd just ask instead of posting a similar thread.
If you wanted to take one of the boomCo guns to a convention (specifically the plasma pistol) do you need open it up and disable it, or can you just bring it without the darts?
I only ask because the gun will refuse to fire as long as it doesn't have any darts loaded in, so I'm not sure whether or not I need to open it up

If you wanted to take one of the boomCo guns to a convention (specifically the plasma pistol) do you need open it up and disable it, or can you just bring it without the darts?
I only ask because the gun will refuse to fire as long as it doesn't have any darts loaded in, so I'm not sure whether or not I need to open it up

That is usually a question to ask the convention as different ones have different rules. the conventions that I go to allow function with no ammo. I have walked around with various airsoft rifles and no ammo, and no one questioned me.

Don't go off of just my experience though. It's always best to ask first to be sure. better safe than sorry and all that jazz.

Some cons will put safety guards that will lock the gun from pulling the trigger. It depends on the venue and their rules. It should be posted on the web page of the con you are going to.......look for either FAQ or Rules.

That is usually a question to ask the convention as different ones have different rules. the conventions that I go to allow function with no ammo. I have walked around with various airsoft rifles and no ammo, and no one questioned me.

Don't go off of just my experience though. It's always best to ask first to be sure. better safe than sorry and all that jazz.

Ahh gotcha.
Ill probably just shoot them an email. I really don't want to have to tear into the gun, but hopefully I won't have to

Yeah it differs from Con to Con, but most conventions have pretty clear rules for that kind of stuff on their website. Anime Expo, for example, required any gun prop to be at least 50% orange.

OP: It really comes down to your preference. I for one prefer building stuff myself, but time constraints and the like can sometimes force your hand. The BoomCo approach may be more efficient in terms of time. Also, kind of off topic, but has anyone seen the BoomCo AR yet? They had it at ComicCon and other than the magazine, it looks pretty darn good. It's a lot bigger than I expected it to be.

Going to toss this out in the open. Ashuraa and I are seeing more and more info on where cons do not permit any type of prop weapon with any type of working internal or moving parts. And or has to have orange tip or so much of the weapon must be painted orange. It does vary from con to con. Her and I both have nice 3d printed models of the M6C with moving slides and removable clips that just for the sake of con friendliness I have completely glued in place. People are becoming more and more stupid to be brutally honest. Ash and I were showing pictures to one of her co workers of Bentons T shirt cannon rocket launcher from halo and this lady was convinced that it was a real rocket launcher. I am saying this for the simple fact I want everyone just to be careful. Ash and I are seriously going toward if it isnt the one local con in our home area if we go to a con we are probably not going to be carrying weapons at all or if we are they will be covenant weapons just to keep it so alien that we wont have to deal with high level stupidity.

Just remember check with the con you are going to. Also if the weapon in question looks anything close to a current modern weapon be prepared for issues with the local authority at major cons/citys.

Of all the conventions I have attended in the GTA, fanexpo has the most lenient weapons policy and we often see people carrying metal props through the con.

I bought the BoomCo M6 pistol and resprayed it. It was a quick paint to see how it would turn out. All in all it turned out pretty good and still fully functional. I would gladly post a picture of it if I knew how to do so on here...

I plan to do a M5 assault rifle when they come out in December to go with my armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back